GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cam Barker sent down to AHL

+3
Riprock
smash88
Jordo
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Cam Barker sent down to AHL Empty Cam Barker sent down to AHL Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:08 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

I've been a big advocator for the Sens to nab this guy. Chicago just assigned him to the AHL affiliate of Chicago's, Rockford Ice Dogs. He's a big kid (6'3, 220 lbs) has a wicked shot, and loves the physical play. You probably remember his performance on Canada's junior team in..... 2005? 2006?

He carries a bit of a hefty tag at 2.7 (inclusive of rookie bonuses), but I think he could really flourish here. He's not the most experienced offensive defensemen we could nag- and some could consider it a gamble- but he's much better than Picard. He's RFA at the end of the season, so there's no commitment.

Thoughts?

2Cam Barker sent down to AHL Empty Re: Cam Barker sent down to AHL Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:14 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Jordo wrote:I've been a big advocator for the Sens to nab this guy. Chicago just assigned him to the AHL affiliate of Chicago's, Rockford Ice Dogs. He's a big kid (6'3, 220 lbs) has a wicked shot, and loves the physical play. You probably remember his performance on Canada's junior team in..... 2005? 2006?

He carries a bit of a hefty tag at 2.7 (inclusive of rookie bonuses), but I think he could really flourish here. He's not the most experienced offensive defensemen we could nag- and some could consider it a gamble- but he's much better than Picard. He's RFA at the end of the season, so there's no commitment.

Thoughts?

From what i've seen I like him, but at 2.7 I don't really think there is any way to justify it...

3Cam Barker sent down to AHL Empty Re: Cam Barker sent down to AHL Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:16 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Is he better than Lee?

4Cam Barker sent down to AHL Empty Re: Cam Barker sent down to AHL Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:16 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

He's a bigger, more physical version of Lee.

5Cam Barker sent down to AHL Empty Re: Cam Barker sent down to AHL Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:25 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hawks are taking an interesting way to get under the cap and keep both Huet and Khabby.

6Cam Barker sent down to AHL Empty Re: Cam Barker sent down to AHL Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:25 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Seems like many are giving up on Lee....

7Cam Barker sent down to AHL Empty Re: Cam Barker sent down to AHL Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:36 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

I LOVE Brian Lee, in a completely heterosexual way.

He's going to be good, but I don't think he alone is our answer to creating some offense out of our defense. I also have no idea why Picard is here. Schubert should have that last spot, or in the very least Bell should have taken it. Perhaps Murray is keeping the option open to add another defenseman mid-season?

I really don't like Picard.

8Cam Barker sent down to AHL Empty Re: Cam Barker sent down to AHL Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:37 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Don't know why, Picard is playing well.

9Cam Barker sent down to AHL Empty Re: Cam Barker sent down to AHL Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:44 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Perhaps, but there's better options within our own team, IMO.

Why not move Schubert down and bring Isbister up?

10Cam Barker sent down to AHL Empty Re: Cam Barker sent down to AHL Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:57 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Isbister's gone

11Cam Barker sent down to AHL Empty Re: Cam Barker sent down to AHL Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:01 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

DashRiprock wrote:Seems like many are giving up on Lee....
Lee has been average at best. I really like Picard though, this kid is going to be a good one.

12Cam Barker sent down to AHL Empty Re: Cam Barker sent down to AHL Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:02 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Hawks are taking an interesting way to get under the cap and keep both Huet and Khabby.
Apparently this move is only being done until they can move Khabby, then they will recall Barker and Niemi.

13Cam Barker sent down to AHL Empty Re: Cam Barker sent down to AHL Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:11 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

jamvan wrote:
shabbs wrote:Hawks are taking an interesting way to get under the cap and keep both Huet and Khabby.
Apparently this move is only being done until they can move Khabby, then they will recall Barker and Niemi.

I wonder if the Hawks will have to eat some of his salary in a trade as well?

14Cam Barker sent down to AHL Empty Re: Cam Barker sent down to AHL Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:16 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

smash88 wrote:
jamvan wrote:

I would think that's quite likely. I'm hearing as much as 50%.

15Cam Barker sent down to AHL Empty Re: Cam Barker sent down to AHL Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:23 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

jamvan wrote:
smash88 wrote:
jamvan wrote:

I would think that's quite likely. I'm hearing as much as 50%.

If they do, I wonder what Murray would offer them? I am sure he would at least try to get him...

I do have the feeling though that someone will drastically overpay as usual...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum