GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Silfverberg highlight real to make you happy!

+6
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
sandysensfan
LethalLehner
Riprock
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Beautiful.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Anyone not want to see him on the Sens come the trade deadline?

If his season is over, can he come over to Ottawa after we have likely traded away a few roster players?

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

Excellent stuff.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:Anyone not want to see him on the Sens come the trade deadline?

If his season is over, can he come over to Ottawa after we have likely traded away a few roster players?

Don't know about that. Not sure when their season ends in Sweden. We know the Sens aren't playing after the first part of April.

I'm hoping both him and Petersson finally come to Ottawa next season. It's time.

I think we may have found Spezza's LW? Or am I too eager for that? It's worth a shot in pre-season anyway.

These two come over for the rookie tournament every July.. but they are never here in pre-season. I'm not sure if any of these two have signed an entry-level contract. Does anyone know for sure?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Nope, Silfverberg nor Petersson are signed. And I think if the Sens want them to come over they have to sign well before the deadline to even play a game I believe.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

All hail the Silfver Surfver!!!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Nope, Silfverberg nor Petersson are signed. And I think if the Sens want them to come over they have to sign well before the deadline to even play a game I believe.

Are you sure?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Sure I am not. Actually I think I may have confused that rule with post-season eligibility.

Anyways I would really like to see a few of these guys come over to North America (Rundblad, Petersson, Silfverberg). If we can trade some roster players (Ruutu, Kovalev, Kuba) then spots potentially open up, although I am sure there are a few players waiting in Binghamton and the CHL that might be given priority (Butler, Greening, and Cowen come to mind).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I misread your initial post. I thought you were saying that they *were* signed and I didn't remember them being.

I think a year of AHL action for Silf would be a good idea, but he looks quite impressive.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Fair enough - it's not uncommon that guys will get a game or two at the NHL level before the AHL anyways (Winchester, Butler, even Cowen and a lot of other CHLers have played some NHL games). Mind you CHLers cannot play in the AHL until their junior eligibility is finished.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Fair enough - it's not uncommon that guys will get a game or two at the NHL level before the AHL anyways (Winchester, Butler, even Cowen and a lot of other CHLers have played some NHL games). Mind you CHLers cannot play in the AHL until their junior eligibility is finished.

Hmmmm...that might be an idea actually. Get him into a game or two just to whet his appetite and see what happens next training camp.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

yeah i can't see them jumping to the NHL neither do i want them to. i think both of them are going to adjust to the NA style of game. it's much more of a passing game in europe, less physical. it takes the edge out of some of these hockey players and that's why some never make it to the NHL. might be the case with Wick. we'll have a better idea on what they're capable of when they agree to to join bingo.... and that's if they want to go to bingo. many only see the short term which in many cases i think is a pay cut from europe...

don't get me wrong, i want nothing more then to see petersson here(my fav out of the two) and silver surfer. but if one of the two makes it to the NHL i'll be satisfied.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:I misread your initial post. I thought you were saying that they *were* signed and I didn't remember them being.

I think a year of AHL action for Silf would be a good idea, but he looks quite impressive.

I hope Silfverberg works out, I really do. But at this point he is a prospect who has *never* played in an NHL-style game. I don't want to say that kids like him are a dime-a-dozen, but a highlight reel is just a highlight reel. I reserve my right to get excited later; not yet.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I misread your initial post. I thought you were saying that they *were* signed and I didn't remember them being.

I hope Silfverberg works out, I really do. But at this point he is a prospect who has *never* played in an NHL-style game. I don't want to say that kids like him are a dime-a-dozen, but a highlight reel is just a highlight reel. I reserve my right to get excited later; not yet.

Bang on. These highlight videos get people so excited and then disappointed if the player doesn't work out. "Look what he did in the video! Why isn't he doing that now?!". That's what I felt after watching the Regin video online haha.

That being said, go Silf!

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Too good to be true... BUST!

I think he's gonna be a VErmette with a better shot.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum