GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Chicago Blackhawks - 8:30pm ET - FRI. Jan. 7 2011

+12
SDH89
wprager
PTFlea
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
Oglethorpe
SensHulk
Flo The Action
strachattack
shabbs
LethalLehner
Cap'n Clutch
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Chicago Blackhawks - 8:30pm ET - FRI. Jan. 7 2011

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Chicago Blackhawks - 8:30pm ET - FRI. Jan. 7 2011 LargeGAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Chicago Blackhawks - 8:30pm ET - FRI. Jan. 7 2011 AtGAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Chicago Blackhawks - 8:30pm ET - FRI. Jan. 7 2011 Large

"It's all downhill from here baby!"

The Ottawa Senators (16-19-5, 37 pts) visit the Chicago Blackhawks (21-18-3, 45pts) Friday night in the first of back to back games for the Senators. Ottawa was embarrassed so badly on home ice by Toronto that even the Leaf fans stopped taunting us they felt so badly for us. Elliott allowed 3 goals on 7 shots and then in comes Brodeur who let in 2 goals on the first 4 or 5 shots he faced before settling in and finishing the game with an 857 SV%. That's not bad considering he'd been riding the pine for several games and his last game action before that was in the ECHL.
The Blackhawks aren't doing too well themselves this season sitting in 12th in the conference and only 1 game above 500 on home ice. The Hawks have lost their last two home games with the most recent being a 4-2 decision for the Stars on Wednesday night.

It's going to be a bumpy ride the rest of the season so sit back and enjoy the Senators as they look to secure a top 5 pick in the upcoming draft. Hopefully whoever is in charge will turn it into a blue chip forward prospect.

Game Coverage:

TV: CBC (HD)
    Radio: Team 1200
    Web: ATDHE.net, JUSTIN.tv,

Latest updates:
We sit alone in 26th overall. Don't screw it up and jump out of the draft lottery Ottawa.Dammit!

TSN's Ice Chips:

Ottawa
    Chicago

Ottawa Key Injuries:

Jason Spezza - (shoulder) UPDATE: At least 2 months
    Pascal Leclaire - (lower body injury) could back up Elliott Saturday

Chicago Key Injuries:

None

Game Day Previews:

NHL.com
    ESPN

Media Links:

SensTV On-line
    Official Twitter of the Ottawa Senators

Spread the word!

Follow GMHockey on Twitter: http://twitter.com/gmhockey

GO SENS GO!!!

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:06 pm; edited 3 times in total

- Unknown Author

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

Hopefully the discussions between the players and Murray won't affect the tail spin they are in. Though it is hard to watch them lose, I really want a high draft pick.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If they play their cards right they could fall to 13th or if their really lucky maybe even 14th in the conference by the end of the season.

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:If they play their cards right they could fall to 13th or if their really lucky maybe even 14th in the conference by the end of the season.
All aboard the Tank Tain?

Wink

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:If they play their cards right they could fall to 13th or if their really lucky maybe even 14th in the conference by the end of the season.
All aboard the Tank Tain?

Wink

It's the Tank Bus this season. Sheesh. Wink

Seriously though how many times does a team make the playoffs when they sit in 12th at the midway point in the season?

I know Steve Loyd refers to this all the time on Team1200 but I don't know where he finds the stats on it but it's pretty rare so lets root for a lotto pick because it's more likely than a playoff spot IMO.

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I think we're all in agreement that the post season is a pipe-dream for the Sens. No doubt about it.

These are strange days for Sens fans, with a high draft pick a real possibility, I'm sure fans are torn as to what to "hope" for.

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

I'm on the tank bus and have therefore reversed the value of the NHL standings. Last place is first place but I would be happy to fall in the bottom/top three.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i hope all the bottom teams start winning games so we can win some too. losing so many can`t be good for the players who will remain on this team next year or for the fans.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:i hope all the bottom teams start winning games so we can win some too. losing so many can`t be good for the players who will remain on this team next year or for the fans.

Look what winning did for the Isles. They traded away Wisniewski and Roloson.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

strachattack wrote:I'm on the tank bus and have therefore reversed the value of the NHL standings. Last place is first place but I would be happy to fall in the bottom/top three.

Best thing to do is just flip the standings page upside down. Looks way better.

- Unknown Author

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

yeah we need to string together some good performances right now, if only to drive up trade values of our for sale items...such as glasscale leclaire made out of only the finest china money can buy (WARNING: extra fragile, handle with extra care....no refund)

Honestly, I don't expect a full-out tanking till they start trading away some guys (at the deadline probably) and then give the young boys a chance full time

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't see any signs of this turning around at all so I suspect we'll see a January performance that is comfortably below 500.

- Unknown Author

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Michallica wrote:yeah we need to string together some good performances right now, if only to drive up trade values of our for sale items...such as glasscale leclaire made out of only the finest china money can buy (WARNING: extra fragile, handle with extra care....no refund)

Honestly, I don't expect a full-out tanking till they start trading away some guys (at the deadline probably) and then give the young boys a chance full time
Unfortunately for tank nation history has shown that removing deadwood vets while bringing in kids who want to make an impression on the organization may lead to winning.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oglethorpe wrote:
Michallica wrote:yeah we need to string together some good performances right now, if only to drive up trade values of our for sale items...such as glasscale leclaire made out of only the finest china money can buy (WARNING: extra fragile, handle with extra care....no refund)

Unfortunately for tank nation history has shown that removing deadwood vets while bringing in kids who want to make an impression on the organization may lead to winning.

True but it's usually short lived due to the lack of experience and the number of mistakes made by the youth brought in.

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:BREAKING NEWS!

Lehner with the big club as per Team1200.
Was he called up?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum