GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+29
tim1_2
LethalLehner
stempniaksen
spader
jawal
sandysensfan
SensGirl11
strachattack
SDH89
Number Twenty Nine
Oglethorpe
rooneypoo
Bramlet07
dennycrane
Tuk Tuk
Straight Shooter
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
Riprock
asq2
LeCaptain
SensHulk
Ev
Hoags
CockRoche
shabbs
PTFlea
wprager
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
CockRoche wrote:As I sit here chatting with SeawaySensFan and asq2, a friend of mine called me and tells me that Jordan Tootoo has entered in the NHL's substance and behavioral health program/rehab facility.

I believe him, but haven't read it anywhere in the media yet, but I'm not a big internet surfer anyway. Maybe it is not public yet and I shouldn't have said anything.

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/hockey/2010/12/27/16684031.html

CR beat TS by 13 minutes with his post. Maybe someone's cyber-stalking him. Ohnoes!

For the record, I wasn't trying to "beat" anybody.

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:
CockRoche wrote:As I sit here chatting with SeawaySensFan and asq2, a friend of mine called me and tells me that Jordan Tootoo has entered in the NHL's substance and behavioral health program/rehab facility.

I believe him, but haven't read it anywhere in the media yet, but I'm not a big internet surfer anyway. Maybe it is not public yet and I shouldn't have said anything.

Then why post it? Sarcasm

To add the my earlier response:

Who cares why I posted it anyway? The amount of rumors, speculation, predictions and forecasting that comes out of nowhere on this site, I or anybody should be able to post anything I/we want without being questioned.

My tidbit of info - from someone I trust - turned out to be accurate; I can't say the same for 99% of the specualtion on this site - which has actually kept me away from this site for a 2 week period earlier this month (well that and visiting friends, haha). Too much unsubstantiated rumor talk IMO.

Not my cup of tea is all. It is what it is; I just always try to actually talk hockey IQ and on-ice situations. To each their own.

Is this considered a rant? Haha.

CockRoche wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Who cares why I posted it anyway? The amount of rumors, speculation, predictions and forecasting that comes out of nowhere on this site, I or anybody should be able to post anything I/we want without being questioned.

My tidbit of info - from someone I trust - turned out to be accurate; I can't say the same for 99% of the specualtion on this site - which has actually kept me away from this site for a 2 week period earlier this month (well that and visiting friends, haha). Too much unsubstantiated rumor talk IMO.

Not my cup of tea is all. It is what it is; I just always try to actually talk hockey IQ and on-ice situations. To each their own.

A rant? I'd say so. You yourself wondered aloud whether to post this or not, so I simply asked in jest, why.

If you can't handle the speculation and unsubstantiated rumour talk, then this probably isn't the best site for you. Laugh1

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:
CockRoche wrote:
hemlock wrote:

A rant? I'd say so. You yourself wondered aloud whether to post this or not, so I simply asked in jest, why.

If you can't handle the speculation and unsubstantiated rumour talk, then this probably isn't the best site for you. Laugh1

This site is great and the only forum I am a member of. All it takes is a little self control to not click on the rumour threads.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

CockRoche wrote:
wprager wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

CR beat TS by 13 minutes with his post. Maybe someone's cyber-stalking him. Ohnoes!

I know, I know. Just making a joke about you being cyber stalked.

As for the "Why post it" post/reply/re-reply and so on, in your original post you sounded *very* ambiguous yourself as to whether you should post it or not. Frankly, given how you obviously felt, I was a little surprised you posted it anyway.

But, whatever, as long as you don't alienate your source(s) keep posting away.

Now, I don't think you ever answered to my kind-of question earlier. It may be a moot point now if his injury sidelines him, but what if Lehner has a fantastic tournament -- do the Sens bring him up to back up Elliott for the rest of the season (I'd place Leclaire on long-term IR until they can develop Wolverine technology for real). The way Brust is playing, he'll probably see more action as a backup with the big club.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
CockRoche wrote:
wprager wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

[1]I know, I know. Just making a joke about you being cyber stalked.

As for the "Why post it" post/reply/re-reply and so on, in your original post you sounded *very* ambiguous yourself as to whether you should post it or not. Frankly, given how you obviously felt, I was a little surprised you posted it anyway.

But, whatever, [2]as long as you don't alienate your source(s) keep posting away.

[3]Now, I don't think you ever answered to my kind-of question earlier. It may be a moot point now if his injury sidelines him, but what if Lehner has a fantastic tournament -- do the Sens bring him up to back up Elliott for the rest of the season (I'd place Leclaire on long-term IR until they can develop Wolverine technology for real). The way Brust is playing, he'll probably see more action as a backup with the big club.

[1]I know, I know. I will counter with, if I only beat the Toronto Sun Online by 15 minutes, they must have had the story before me anyway because I assume it would take them longer to get it online than Me on this forum. Haha.

[2]I'm not worried about my friends finding out anything. Being on a forum is the last thing they would expect from me anyway.

[3] Can you link me to your original question to me? I must have missed it and I love answering members questions. I want to see the conversation that led up to you asking your question to me.

Last edited by CockRoche on Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
Hoags wrote:Speaking on New Jersey, it's not just PMDs they're lacking:

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2010/12/jacques_lemaire_doesnt_blame_j.html

Two games after replacing John MacLean as head coach, Jacques Lemaire doesn't like what he sees.
As unlikely as it may seem 35 games into the season, the Devils are out of shape.
"It's not only practices. The thing is, you stop pushing," Lemaire explained today after a practice which included skating at the end. "As a player in practice you have to push until it hurts. If you don't do that, you're not in the best shape possible. It's got to hurt.
"If you stop pushing, what does it do? You get out of shape."

Sounds familiar. That was what Clouston's first impression of the Sens when he took the job.

I wonder what he thinks now with all these players skipping practice for "maintenance days".

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Now, I don't think you ever answered to my kind-of question earlier. It may be a moot point now if his injury sidelines him, but what if Lehner has a fantastic tournament -- do the Sens bring him up to back up Elliott for the rest of the season (I'd place Leclaire on long-term IR until they can develop Wolverine technology for real). The way Brust is playing, he'll probably see more action as a backup with the big club.

I would be extremely disappointed if anything in this tournament influenced the Ottawa Senators in any way when it comes to Lehner.

I couldn't care less (development/career path-wise) - and the Sens shouldn't either - if Lehner stops 500 of 500 shots faced and gets named tournament MVP.

Lehner is facing kids in this tournament and that won't prove anything about his readiness to play in the NHL or even the AHL for that matter.

My first choice was the Sault Ste Marie Greyhounds for Lehner this season. Since that didn't happen, I don't want Lehner anywhere but the AHL all season. No callups, no nothing. AHL for you; learn the game.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's a shame, though, that he is not going to get many starts in Bingo.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:It's a shame, though, that he is not going to get many starts in Bingo.

Which is precisely why I wanted him in the Soo. His development would not have been stalled there, unless injured. I will never understand the need/want to rush goalies; way too many goalies are ruined because of it.

Whatever, no looking back now.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

CockRoche wrote:
wprager wrote:It's a shame, though, that he is not going to get many starts in Bingo.

Which is precisely why I wanted him in the Soo. His development would not have been stalled there, unless injured. I will never understand the need/want to rush goalies; way too many goalies are ruined because of it.

Exactly my point.

So, looking forward, you still think he'll do better sitting on the bench in Bingo as opposed to at least facing NHL-level shooters in practice/warmup, being tutored by Rick Whamsley (by the way, why do I keep seeing his name spelled with a second 'l' all the time?), and getting an occasional start against weaker East opponents? Sure, his league-leading SV% will probably suffer for it, but what the heck.

I think he's losing a year of development sitting in Bingo.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Rolston being assigned to the ahl, likely to be out on re-entry later this week.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:Rolston being assigned to the ahl, likely to be out on re-entry later this week.

$2.5M (half price) and a 20 goal scorer last year. Hmm.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

Exactly my point.

So, looking forward, you still think he'll do better sitting on the bench in Bingo as opposed to at least facing NHL-level shooters in practice/warmup, being tutored by Rick Whamsley (by the way, why do I keep seeing his name spelled with a second 'l' all the time?), and getting an occasional start against weaker East opponents? Sure, his league-leading SV% will probably suffer for it, but what the heck.

I think he's losing a year of development sitting in Bingo.

Haha. You spelled Rick Wamsley's name wrong as well.

Lehner is losing a year of development either way this season. Let me answer your question more directly though.

At this point (looking forward - as you said), the AHL is still the best option for Lehner IMO. It really isn't about the quality of shooters he is facing in practice right now; it also has a lot to do with entitlement. Remember, this is just my opinion but I am also looking at it from Ottawa's thinking as well. Lehner needs to understand the process and progression of his career path. He needs to learn how to be a good teammate, he needs to learn practice habits, geez I could go on forever with a list of things.

I am not saying Lehner doesn't already know how to be a good teammate or that he lacks the proper work ethic; we all know that is not the case with Lehner.

Listen, things got messed up this year, with him starting in the AHL and the injuries that have happened since then. I don't care what you say; Ottawa should have had the foresight to see that could have happened. The Soo was the right choice, but that didn't happen and we are seeing the repercussions of that decision right now.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
Michallica wrote:Rolston being assigned to the ahl, likely to be out on re-entry later this week.

$2.5M (half price) and a 20 goal scorer last year. Hmm.

I know you are kidding.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This is a few days old, but funny. DGB's NHLCHristmas Pageant:
http://www.downgoesbrown.com/2010/12/behind-scenes-at-nhls-christmas-pageant.html

Bettman: Good idea. OK, has anyone seen Tiny Tim? Adorable little guy, looks so grownup in his big boy suit and his scrunched up angry wittle face…. Oh, there he is!

Cory Clouston: This is degrading and I'm not doing it.

Bettman: Oh, you're doing it, junior. Now you're supposed to be disabled. Do you know where we could get some crutches?

Clouston:
I'll go ask Pascal Leclaire, he carries a few spares with him at all times.

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 2 164414

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Another funny quote from DGB:

Daly: Well, Pascal Leclaire just wandered by the decorative candles and caught himself on fire. Pierre McGuire is refusing to perform his Silent Night solo because he doesn't understand what the word "silent" means. And Bruce Boudreau just taught the little children an alternate version of Rudolph where all the reindeer are from Nantucket.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Marc-Andre Fleury is now the leading vote getter among goalies for the all-star game TowelWave

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum