GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+29
tim1_2
LethalLehner
stempniaksen
spader
jawal
sandysensfan
SensGirl11
strachattack
SDH89
Number Twenty Nine
Oglethorpe
rooneypoo
Bramlet07
dennycrane
Tuk Tuk
Straight Shooter
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
Riprock
asq2
LeCaptain
SensHulk
Ev
Hoags
CockRoche
shabbs
PTFlea
wprager
33 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Here's a good indicator of Clouston's line-juggling -- take a look at Spezza's even-strength linemates:

Frequency Strength Line Combination
25.61% EV 27 KOVALEV,ALEX - 13 REGIN,PETER - 19 SPEZZA,JASON
14.06% EV 11 ALFREDSSON,DANIEL - 13 REGIN,PETER - 19 SPEZZA,JASON
13.79% EV 11 ALFREDSSON,DANIEL - 9 MICHALEK,MILAN - 19 SPEZZA,JASON
13.05% EV 27 KOVALEV,ALEX - 9 MICHALEK,MILAN - 19 SPEZZA,JASON

That's our top-line center. You'd figure the top line, at least, would have at least one 40%+ combination.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Datsyuk to miss at least 4 weeks -- broken bone in his wrist after he tripped over Mikael Samuelsson in Thursday night's OT win against the Canucks.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:For the record, that link is:
http://www.dobberhockey.com/frozenpool_linecombo.php

According to that app Pronger's regular partner is Matt Carle (over 83% of his EV time). But on the special teams Pronger is usually teamed up with Timonen (over 86% on the PK and over 88% on the PP).

Cool stats.

It may be only a recent development (last 5-6 games?) but Karlsson's been playing with Phillips almost as much as Kuba (23.68% versus 24.83%). Did not know that.

Nice site. ThumbsUp

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Lucic to have a meeting with Mike Murphy regarding his "sucker" punch to Meyer:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=346774

That was not very nice of him....

Note - Mike Murphy is working this one due to Campbell's son being a part of the B's org.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

No suspension for Lucic...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=346873

$3500 fine though.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

As I sit here chatting with SeawaySensFan and asq2, a friend of mine called me and tells me that Jordan Tootoo has entered in the NHL's substance and behavioral health program/rehab facility.

I believe him, but haven't read it anywhere in the media yet, but I'm not a big internet surfer anyway. Maybe it is not public yet and I shouldn't have said anything.

Either way, get well Jordan.

Last edited by CockRoche on Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Speaking on New Jersey, it's not just PMDs they're lacking:

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2010/12/jacques_lemaire_doesnt_blame_j.html

Two games after replacing John MacLean as head coach, Jacques Lemaire doesn't like what he sees.
As unlikely as it may seem 35 games into the season, the Devils are out of shape.
"It's not only practices. The thing is, you stop pushing," Lemaire explained today after a practice which included skating at the end. "As a player in practice you have to push until it hurts. If you don't do that, you're not in the best shape possible. It's got to hurt.
"If you stop pushing, what does it do? You get out of shape."

Hoags wrote:Speaking on New Jersey, it's not just PMDs they're lacking:

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2010/12/jacques_lemaire_doesnt_blame_j.html

Two games after replacing John MacLean as head coach, Jacques Lemaire doesn't like what he sees.
As unlikely as it may seem 35 games into the season, the Devils are out of shape.
"It's not only practices. The thing is, you stop pushing," Lemaire explained today after a practice which included skating at the end. "As a player in practice you have to push until it hurts. If you don't do that, you're not in the best shape possible. It's got to hurt.
"If you stop pushing, what does it do? You get out of shape."

Sounds familiar. That was what Clouston's first impression of the Sens when he took the job.

CockRoche wrote:As I sit here chatting with SeawaySensFan and asq2, a friend of mine called me and tells me that Jordan Tootoo has entered in the NHL's substance and behavioral health program/rehab facility.

I believe him, but haven't read it anywhere in the media yet, but I'm not a big internet surfer anyway. Maybe it is not public yet and I shouldn't have said anything.

Then why post it? Sarcasm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

CockRoche wrote:As I sit here chatting with SeawaySensFan and asq2, a friend of mine called me and tells me that Jordan Tootoo has entered in the NHL's substance and behavioral health program/rehab facility.

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/hockey/2010/12/27/16684031.html

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:

I posted it because I was on this site at the time of the phone call, because I trust the relationship I have with the caller and because my friend would know before the media would anyway.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:

CR beat TS by 13 minutes with his post. Maybe someone's cyber-stalking him. Ohnoes!

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

CR beat TS by 13 minutes with his post. Maybe someone's cyber-stalking him. Ohnoes!

For the record, I wasn't trying to "beat" anybody.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:

To add the my earlier response:

Who cares why I posted it anyway? The amount of rumors, speculation, predictions and forecasting that comes out of nowhere on this site, I or anybody should be able to post anything I/we want without being questioned.

My tidbit of info - from someone I trust - turned out to be accurate; I can't say the same for 99% of the specualtion on this site - which has actually kept me away from this site for a 2 week period earlier this month (well that and visiting friends, haha). Too much unsubstantiated rumor talk IMO.

Not my cup of tea is all. It is what it is; I just always try to actually talk hockey IQ and on-ice situations. To each their own.

Is this considered a rant? Haha.

CockRoche wrote:
hemlock wrote:

To add the my earlier response:

Who cares why I posted it anyway? The amount of rumors, speculation, predictions and forecasting that comes out of nowhere on this site, I or anybody should be able to post anything I/we want without being questioned.

My tidbit of info - from someone I trust - turned out to be accurate; I can't say the same for 99% of the specualtion on this site - which has actually kept me away from this site for a 2 week period earlier this month (well that and visiting friends, haha). Too much unsubstantiated rumor talk IMO.

Not my cup of tea is all. It is what it is; I just always try to actually talk hockey IQ and on-ice situations. To each their own.

Is this considered a rant? Haha.

A rant? I'd say so. You yourself wondered aloud whether to post this or not, so I simply asked in jest, why.

If you can't handle the speculation and unsubstantiated rumour talk, then this probably isn't the best site for you. Laugh1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum