GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dispenser's Corner

+6
Riprock
stempniaksen
SeawaySensFan
PKC
Ev
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

31Dispenser's Corner - Page 3 Empty Re: Dispenser's Corner Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:58 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The reason I think the end is coming for him - not death, but a SOLID beating - is the way players from other teams are starting to talk about him. They're not starting to dislike him, they're starting to loathe him.

32Dispenser's Corner - Page 3 Empty Re: Dispenser's Corner Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:15 pm

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:The reason I think the end is coming for him - not death, but a SOLID beating - is the way players from other teams are starting to talk about him. They're not starting to dislike him, they're starting to loathe him.

That is exactly what Avery wants. He wants someone to lose their temper and put their team down a man. He doesn't care; it is worth it to him.

Avery is a smart guy, too smart for his own good actually. He is beyond the game of hockey already with a clothing line, 2 or 3 very successful restaurants in New York City and I believe a screenplay is in the works based solely around the character of Sean Avery.

33Dispenser's Corner - Page 3 Empty Re: Dispenser's Corner Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:10 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, he loves the attention - although I stick to my guns and say that when his orbital bone is broken so badly parts of it are lying on the ice - I think he'll begin to see just how much teams and players hate him. I have a picture in my mind of Chara doing it when a game is out of hand (before the final 5 minutes) and absolutely hammering him. I look forward to it actually. Smile

34Dispenser's Corner - Page 3 Empty Re: Dispenser's Corner Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:17 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:Yeah, he loves the attention - although I stick to my guns and say that when his orbital bone is broken so badly parts of it are lying on the ice - I think he'll begin to see just how much teams and players hate him. I have a picture in my mind of Chara doing it when a game is out of hand (before the final 5 minutes) and absolutely hammering him. I look forward to it actually. Smile

Fair enough.

I still don't think Avery would care though.

35Dispenser's Corner - Page 3 Empty Re: Dispenser's Corner Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:02 pm

CockRoche wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:The reason I think the end is coming for him - not death, but a SOLID beating - is the way players from other teams are starting to talk about him. They're not starting to dislike him, they're starting to loathe him.

That is exactly what Avery wants. He wants someone to lose their temper and put their team down a man. He doesn't care; it is worth it to him.

Avery is a smart guy, too smart for his own good actually. He is beyond the game of hockey already with a clothing line, 2 or 3 very successful restaurants in New York City and I believe a screenplay is in the works based solely around the character of Sean Avery.

Any doubt that Hollywood is out of good ideas was just erased. The man is an assclown.

36Dispenser's Corner - Page 3 Empty Re: Dispenser's Corner Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:33 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

Any doubt that Hollywood is out of good ideas was just erased. The man is an assclown.

I don't disagree there.

37Dispenser's Corner - Page 3 Empty Re: Dispenser's Corner Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:25 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

With the goals on the PP that the Leafs had last night, they move from 26th to 16th in the NHL.

That's a messed up stat. Whaaa?

38Dispenser's Corner - Page 3 Empty Re: Dispenser's Corner Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:12 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Surprisingly the Habs are back in the Marc Andre Bergeron hunt along with Anaheim and the Islanders (I think it was).

My analysis is simple: you have the Great Alex Picard, need you another?

EDIT: And no one put the names MA Bergeron and Markov in the same sentence (aside from me Smile), one of those guys is not like the other.

39Dispenser's Corner - Page 3 Empty Re: Dispenser's Corner Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:00 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I don't understand how MAB is going to help them...is it for PP time only? It's pretty much the only thing he's good for.

Have you heard about the Islanders beat writer getting his credentials taken away today? What a load of Dung.

For more on that story for anyone who is interested;

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Islanders-pull-popular-blogger-s-credentials-to-?urn=nhl-287090

Also there is a lot of talk that the Wild are an "ordinary team" with "no identity" and they need to blow it up.

40Dispenser's Corner - Page 3 Empty Re: Dispenser's Corner Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:I don't understand how MAB is going to help them...is it for PP time only? It's pretty much the only thing he's good for.

Have you heard about the Islanders beat writer getting his credentials taken away today? What a load of Dung.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Islanders-pull-popular-blogger-s-credentials-to-?urn=nhl-287090

Also there is a lot of talk that the Wild are an "ordinary team" with "no identity" and they need to blow it up.

I'd blow the hell out of the Wild if I were in position. Everyone for sale but Koivu.

41Dispenser's Corner - Page 3 Empty Re: Dispenser's Corner Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:04 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:I don't understand how MAB is going to help them...is it for PP time only? It's pretty much the only thing he's good for.

I'd blow the hell out of the Wild if I were in position. Everyone for sale but Koivu.
i think they're going thru a silent, slow rebuilding phase.

42Dispenser's Corner - Page 3 Empty Re: Dispenser's Corner Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:05 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Surprisingly the Habs are back in the Marc Andre Bergeron hunt along with Anaheim and the Islanders (I think it was).

My analysis is simple: you have the Great Alex Picard, need you another?

EDIT: And no one put the names MA Bergeron and Markov in the same sentence (aside from me Smile), one of those guys is not like the other.

i've heard the opposite. but then again who really knows eh?

43Dispenser's Corner - Page 3 Empty Re: Dispenser's Corner Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
i've heard the opposite. but then again who really knows eh?

They're not going for him? That makes sense in all seriousness, they have Picard, they need someone to help bridge the gap of losing Markov...again. Someone a little sturdier IMO.

44Dispenser's Corner - Page 3 Empty Re: Dispenser's Corner Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:19 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Stamkos blew me away last night. The best forward in the league?

45Dispenser's Corner - Page 3 Empty Re: Dispenser's Corner Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:06 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Stamkos blew me away last night. The best forward in the league?

He might be the best forward in the world right now. He's on pace for 151 points this year. Yzerman-esque...coincidence?

46Dispenser's Corner - Page 3 Empty Re: Dispenser's Corner Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
He might be the best forward in the world right now. He's on pace for 151 points this year. Yzerman-esque...coincidence?

Did Yzerman have that kind of one-timer though?

47Dispenser's Corner - Page 3 Empty Re: Dispenser's Corner Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:01 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:

Did Yzerman have that kind of one-timer though?

It's always tough for me to compare players from different eras. When I look back at not-so-old footage, I see Gretzky scoring as he skates down the boards and crosses the blueline with a slapshot that the goalie just stands there and looks at. No butterfly, no nothing; the goalie just waves at the puck with his stick. It really wasn't until Patrick Roy started his NHL career in 1985 that the stand up style meshed to perfection with the more modern-style butterfly that shots like Gretzky's were getting stopped on a more regular basis by more that one goalie, Belfour and Joseph come to mind right off the bat.

To make this a bit shorter, what if all Crosby had to do to score was get past the blueline with a bit of space a fire a shot on net? But, then again, what if Crosby and Stamkos were allowed to be hooked and slashed the way Yzerman, Gretzky and Mario were?

That is why I have such a hard time with comparing generational players. It is a great discussion to have and I could go on for ever. Maybe I shortened this up to save some thoughts for later.

48Dispenser's Corner - Page 3 Empty Re: Dispenser's Corner Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:44 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Toronto at Montreal 4-1 Toronto
Philadelphia at Washington 5-3 Philly
Florida at NY Islanders 2-1 Islanders
Los Angeles at Boston 4-2 LA
Tampa Bay at Buffalo 4-3 Buffalo
Nashville at Carolina 3-1 Nashville
NY Rangers at Minnesota 2-1 Rangers
Colorado at Dallas 5-4 Colorado (OT)
New Jersey at St. Louis 4-1 St.Louis
Chicago at Vancouver 6-5 Vancouver (SO)
Columbus at San Jose 3-2 Columbus

This belongs in Dispenser's Corner...because no one else did any predictions. Laugh1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum