GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+24
Bramlet07
Oglethorpe
Flo The Action
Hobiesens
Number Twenty Nine
ddt
NEELY
stempniaksen
sandysensfan
Hoags
rooneypoo
CockRoche
The Silfer Server
tim1_2
Ev
TheAvatar
PTFlea
spader
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
wprager
Riprock
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Toronto media are horrible people generally. Seriously, if I had Steve Simmons writing about my team on a daily basis, I'd freak out.

That said, Burke has clearly done a bad job as well.

They deserve each other.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

tim1_2 wrote:The Toronto media are horrible people generally. Seriously, if I had Steve Simmons writing about my team on a daily basis, I'd freak out.

That said, Burke has clearly done a bad job as well.

They deserve each other.
Heh. If you think Ottawa has it bad with BooBoo and Brennan, it is way worse here. 24x7 harping on every player that has a bad game... relentless criticism of any goof up during a game... and the goalies... man, I don't know how they keep it together. Horrendous.

273Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 19 Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:39 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Gord Miller: Brad Thiessen makes his second career start in goal for Pittsburgh vs Toronto tonight.

274Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 19 Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:43 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Haha, people sure take the Leafs seriously.

275Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 19 Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:44 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NEELY wrote:Haha, people sure take the Leafs seriously.
Remember when the Sens got all the backup goalies?

Wink

276Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 19 Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:46 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:2009
"Like I said from the start, our goal and our intent is to be in the playoffs," Burke said this afternoon at the Huntsville retreat the team is spending the next three days to practice and bond prior to Thursday's season opener against Montreal. "We think we are good enough to make the playoffs. We're stopping short of bold predictions and anything that will end up on a bulletin board. We believe the group (is ready) and if not, we'll get back to work."

“If you notice, we’ve avoided any bold proclamations. They tend to get pinned up on bulletin boards,” said Burke. “It’s our goal and our intention to participate in the playoffs.”

"The goal for the season was the playoffs, it is the playoffs," Burke says. "But we are rebuilding. It's not a classic rebuild. I don't think in a cap system, you have to finish last or dead last for four or five years...

I think this team stacks up to just about any other team in the (Eastern Conference) in terms of the blueline,” Burke said. “We think we are set in net. We think James Reimer is the real deal.

That is some funny Donkey Dung Laughing3

Laughing3 Cussing blowhard is what he is.

277Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 19 Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:06 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:2009
"Like I said from the start, our goal and our intent is to be in the playoffs," Burke said this afternoon at the Huntsville retreat the team is spending the next three days to practice and bond prior to Thursday's season opener against Montreal. "We think we are good enough to make the playoffs. We're stopping short of bold predictions and anything that will end up on a bulletin board. We believe the group (is ready) and if not, we'll get back to work."

“If you notice, we’ve avoided any bold proclamations. They tend to get pinned up on bulletin boards,” said Burke. “It’s our goal and our intention to participate in the playoffs.”

"The goal for the season was the playoffs, it is the playoffs," Burke says. "But we are rebuilding. It's not a classic rebuild. I don't think in a cap system, you have to finish last or dead last for four or five years...

I think this team stacks up to just about any other team in the (Eastern Conference) in terms of the blueline,” Burke said. “We think we are set in net. We think James Reimer is the real deal.

That is some funny Donkey Dung Laughing3

^ That's been the problem all along, and why he's been a much worse GM than BM. He doesn't know his own team, and that's why he makes so many of the moves he does, which aren't wrong in themselves but just wrong for his team. This team could have been on the same path as the Senators if Burke had just acknowledged what and where they are a long time ago. Instead, it's more of the same, because he's done more of the same.

278Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 19 Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:20 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

^ That's been the problem all along, and why he's been a much worse GM than BM. He doesn't know his own team, and that's why he makes so many of the moves he does, which aren't wrong in themselves but just wrong for his team. This team could have been on the same path as the Senators if Burke had just acknowledged what and where they are a long time ago. Instead, it's more of the same, because he's done more of the same.

By his own admission, he could have four more 1st rounders this year. Instead, he was content to do...nothing.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Lupul out 3-4 weeks with separated shoulder.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=389692

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Lupul out 3-4 weeks with separated shoulder.

season over pretty much

GolfingBanana

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Delicious.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Michallica wrote:

season over pretty much

GolfingBanana

That's great timing seeing as many golf courses in the GTA opened today. Many people out enjoying the 16 degrees out there and the Leaf players should be getting their clubs dusted off.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Crazy warm here in Toronto today... 16 degrees...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He just wants to get away from Carlyle. Chances of him re-signing before Carl...85%, chances now...12%

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Was it Andrew Peters that took the golf swing at the Leafs? Classic.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Leafs scratch Schenn & Lombardi. Franson and Ashton in.

287Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 19 Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:16 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I don't know if this was a must-win for Toronto, but it was close. Man, they love to set themselves up to fall short.

288Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 19 Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:42 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

leafs lose again... how sweet it is Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum