GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+28
spader
Hockeyhero22000
shabbs
SensGal
Phoenix30
Hobiesens
Cap'n Clutch
Riprock
The Silfer Server
Flo The Action
Hoags
CockRoche
Tuk Tuk
stempniaksen
Ev
wprager
Straight Shooter
SensGirl11
SensHulk
TheAvatar
SeawaySensFan
Amnesia021
cash
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
PTFlea
PKC
sens4win
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 52 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 37 of 67]

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

sens4win wrote:Maybe you guys should know that I was a huge heatley fan and as much as I have lost respect for him I would take him over a lot of people.. Smile (I probably should have just said that to begin with)

I was a fan of Heatley too, lucky I never bought a jersey.

He didn't want to be here for whatever reason, at that point he was dead to me.

We don't need such players on the team.

He put us in a really difficult situation and BM did the best he could.

It was either Michalek or Erhoff (+ Cheechoo) so I think we did good.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
Even though it doesn't work like that (just putting GOnchar in the deal because we freed up a bit of cap space), I will take the Heatley side. Like I said, we needed to trade him, but Murray should have held off and got the best deal at the deadline. We would have made the playoffs with Heatley anyway.

I think it would have been impossible to add Gonchar without Heatley being jettisoned. 3 million bucks went from the Heatley fund right into the Gonchar fund for July 1. If we hadn't traded Heatley, that would have made that impossible.

A deadline deal would have been too risky. When you ask out of a team, the other teammates - whether they admit it or not - take that somewhat personally. I don't think the team would have been nearly as good with him on it - not to mention that he looked disinterested and frankly, I thought he was one hit away from being close to done.

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

CockRoche wrote:The Heatley trade was needed.

The Sens are a better team without Heatley; on the ice and in the locker room.

You can not have someone on your team creating that kind of internal conflict, it destroys the team.

I don't look at that trade man for man, I don't think anybody should. Look at the bigger picture.

I think it's funny that I posted this and then the next 10 posts talk about players who are still here from that trade and who we signed because of it. Haha.

The trade goes waaaayyyyy beyond that. You can't get a team a tight as the 2010-11 Sens and that is because Heatley and the distraction he was and would have been is gone.

Call it a win/win and carry on.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

OMG...Cammalerri is suspended, Markov is doubtful, Hamrlik is doubtful...

and now Carey Price is doubtful with the flu.

The Leafs have a MASSIVE opportunity to get an important W tomorrow.

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
Even though it doesn't work like that (just putting GOnchar in the deal because we freed up a bit of cap space), I will take the Heatley side. Like I said, we needed to trade him, but Murray should have held off and got the best deal at the deadline. We would have made the playoffs with Heatley anyway.

I think it would have been impossible to add Gonchar without Heatley being jettisoned. 3 million bucks went from the Heatley fund right into the Gonchar fund for July 1. If we hadn't traded Heatley, that would have made that impossible.

A deadline deal would have been too risky. When you ask out of a team, the other teammates - whether they admit it or not - take that somewhat personally. I don't think the team would have been nearly as good with him on it - not to mention that he looked disinterested and frankly, I thought he was one hit away from being close to done.

I'm not sure you can make that argument...

If you don't trade Heatley (7.5), then you don't get Michalek (4.3) or Cheechoo (3)

7.5 vs 7.3

I would say that the Cheechoo buyout was a helped us to land Gonchar

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Amnesia021 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

If you don't trade Heatley (7.5), then you don't get Michalek (4.3) or Cheechoo (3)

7.5 vs 7.3

The Cheechoo buyout is costing us cap space. Would have been cheaper on the cap to send him to Bingo this year and be done with him. Now he will STILL be on the cap next season too at over 1 million bucks too!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Amnesia021 wrote:

7.5 vs 7.3

Buyout...I hate that we bought that tool out. We should have waived him to the AHL and be done with it, but no, we must save 800K over 2 years! What the hell do WE care about cap space.

Stupid...but...no matter how you slice it, we got rid of him and opened the doors for The Gonch.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Souray assigned to Hershey of the AHL (Washington's farm team) - which sucks for Bingo because Hershey was good enough before this.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

NJD, Boston, Calgary and Vancouver are still over the cap. Didn't they have a 3 o'clock deadline? What happens now?

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:NJD, Boston, Calgary and Vancouver are still over the cap. Didn't they have a 3 o'clock deadline? What happens now?

They have most likely made moves that we haven't heard about yet. One for instance is Zubrus put on waivers for the Devils. Just give it some time for the dust to clear to have a better picture.

Penalties are in place within the CBA if they do indeed stay over the cap.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:NJD, Boston, Calgary and Vancouver are still over the cap. Didn't they have a 3 o'clock deadline? What happens now?

NJ conveniently put Salvador on the LTIR as well as Salmela or whatever. So they're fine now. Boston put Savard onto the LTIR, right?

Calgary...should be ashamed of themselves, but Langkow and Stajan are both LTIR candidates.

Vancouver traded some nerd Hordichuk for Andrew Peters, then waived Peters I think, plus they traded SOB to...Nashville for some dude Ryan Parent, who they waived.

They might be good now. I could be wrong though.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

CockRoche wrote:

They have most likely made moves that we haven't heard about yet. One for instance is Zubrus put on waivers for the Devils. Just give it some time for the dust to clear to have a better picture.

Do you know what the penalties would be? Pretty funny if NJD got served with another penalty.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Devils are fine, they are going with 20 players instead of 23, and the stuff Spez mentioned.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

Do you know what the penalties would be? Pretty funny if NJD got served with another penalty.

Those my friend, are a closely guarded secret. I know the CBA inside and out (or so I like to think) and all it really does is refer you to the Constitution and Bylaws. It's under Article 30 (I think).

I have a copy of the old constitution, but that is no good as it is pre-salary cap era.

We just have to wait and see.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

The Vancouver Canucks have acquired left wing Andrew Peters from the Florida Panthers in exchange for left wing Darcy Hordichuk.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 37 649241 Party time for them 'Nucks and Cats!

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Souray assigned to Hershey of the AHL (Washington's farm team) - which sucks for Bingo because Hershey was good enough before this.

They can't really trade him as he'd have to clear re-entry first and odds are someone will grab him for half price.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Souray assigned to Hershey of the AHL (Washington's farm team) - which sucks for Bingo because Hershey was good enough before this.

They can't really trade him as he'd have to clear re-entry first and odds are someone will grab him for half price.

At this point, I'm sure they'd just be happy to be rid of him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 37 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 52 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum