GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+28
spader
Hockeyhero22000
shabbs
SensGal
Phoenix30
Hobiesens
Cap'n Clutch
Riprock
The Silfer Server
Flo The Action
Hoags
CockRoche
Tuk Tuk
stempniaksen
Ev
wprager
Straight Shooter
SensGirl11
SensHulk
TheAvatar
SeawaySensFan
Amnesia021
cash
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
PTFlea
PKC
sens4win
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Samsonov released from hospital after Byfuglien hit him into the boards head first.

stempniaksen

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:Mark Streit is out 6 months with a torn rotator cuff and torn labrum; will require surgery http://tinyurl.com/2cbtqa7 #Isles

Wow, six months! Internal, or Souray or Redden?

It won't be Redden. Does Souray only have a year left? If so he could fit.

For some reason I'm thinking lower key guy, like Barrett Jackman or someone along those lines.

HUGE loss though, this guy is the most underrated puckmover in the league.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh yeah, Streit's a great player.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Mark Streit is out 6 months with a torn rotator cuff and torn labrum; will require surgery http://tinyurl.com/2cbtqa7 #Isles

Wow, six months! Internal, or Souray or Redden?

This was a *team* scrimmage. He was injured when his own team-mate, Matt Moulson, cross-checked him.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So.... Souray to the Isles?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cheechoo released from his tryout in Dallas.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Cheechoo released from his tryout in Dallas.

tough news for him. I wonder if this release is the end for him in the NHL....

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:So.... Souray to the Isles?

http://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/25627962573

McKenzie says no

My understanding is NYI have no interest whatsoever in Sheldon Souray, even with Streit's injury. $$$ just don't make sense.

Michallica wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Cheechoo released from his tryout in Dallas.

tough news for him. I wonder if this release is the end for him in the NHL....

I'd say it is. He'll probably go to Europe if I had to guess.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:http://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/25627962573

McKenzie says no
Yeah, saw that. No one's that desperate... yet.

Last edited by shabbs on Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

What can he offer to a KHL club, though? He's better off sticking the rest of his paychecks in a 401-K and trying to get into coaching at any level. Other than beer leagues, coaching (or scouting, I suppose) is the only way he's sticking around on hockey.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
Yeah, saw that. No one's that desperate... yet.

That contract is insane, I can't imagine anyone ever being that desperate, not to mention no one has cap space.

Wade should've gotten himself an NMC when he signed it, or maybe Sather was smart enough to say no, considering Redden refuse to waive it for us at least twice IIRC.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:What can he offer to a KHL club, though? He's better off sticking the rest of his paychecks in a 401-K and trying to get into coaching at any level. Other than beer leagues, coaching (or scouting, I suppose) is the only way he's sticking around on hockey.

Maybe not the KHL, but a finnish or swedish league may take a chance on him. I think he could land up easily in the AHL if he wants. Still a pro league, but not enough moolah

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

anyone read the comments made by brain burke about Kadri? surprised they're really giving it to him in public:

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Columnists/Longley/2010/09/26/15483871.html

"He not anywhere near to the level we had hoped for and expected," Burke said on a conference call. "I don't know why that is, but he's running out of time.

"His comments indicate he thinks he's got a lot more time. But he's running out of time here."

Burke took it a step further by suggesting that Kadri has played his way off of the Leafs lineup and into the AHL.

"If he doesn't make our team, which right now it's looking like he's not going to, then he will start with the Marlies," Burke said. "We'll meet organizationally on that and I may get overruled, but I doubt it."

The Leafs are down to 30 bodies in camp, including 17 forwards. Of the 12 forward jobs for opening night, you can argue 10 are already spoken for including eight on the wing.

With Tyler Bozak and Mikhail Grabovski securing the top two centre spots, that leaves Kadri, John Mitchell, Christian Hanson and Tim Brent to battle for the other two positions up the middle.

Four pre-season games remain and, Kadri could still reverse his fortune. But he may need to do something special to avoid a demotion.

Privately, Leafs brass has been concerned with the former London Knight's defensive struggles and the fact that he hasn't made an impact here.

Wilson has given him every opportunity to succeed -- starting the first two games between veteran NHL wingers Colby Armstrong and Kris Versteeg -- yet Kadri was unable to score a single point.

Publicly, both Wilson and Burke haven't been shy about trying to light a fire under Kadri.

"This is not uncommon with a young player," Burke said. "There's a lot of hype, a lot of pressure on a nearly hometown kid. We have not lost faith in Nazem Kadri, but his play right now indicates he is not ready to contribute at that level."

If there is consolation for Kadri, it is that he is not alone as a training camp disappointment. While a couple of players -- notably Christian Hanson and Luca Caputi -- have stepped up, Burke says he's concerned others are letting opportunities get away.

"Guys are standing at the bus stop waiting for the bus," Burke said. "If they can't figure it out by the process of elimination, they are not paying attention."

It is easy to say that there has been too much scrutiny on Kadri the past 10 days, but it goes with the territory. He is, after all, a first-round pick and possibly the only one the team will have over a three-year span.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I watch with amusement.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:anyone read the comments made by brain burke about Kadri? surprised they're really giving it to him in public:

Anyone really surprised ? Wilson is known for throwing players under the bus. Rookies or not.

He ran Oleg Tverdovsky out of town way back in Anaheim as well.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

This was my favorite part, because the irony of the statement is so offhanded:

"Wilson has given him every opportunity to succeed -- starting the first two games between veteran NHL wingers Colby Armstrong and Kris Versteeg -- yet Kadri was unable to score a single point."

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

They're just prepping Kadri for the eventual onslaught from the Toronto media.

Burke to Kadri: "You think we're mean? Just you wait son, just you wait."

Wink

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Price to start tonight as the Habs host the Panthers... will the boo-birds be out again? We shall see...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum