GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Campoli signs 1-year deal for $1.4M, avoids arbitration

+13
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
beerandsens
CockRoche
Riprock
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
dennycrane
asq2
Hobiesens
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
shabbs
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Well, I don't know if you've acknowledged this but Karlsson played some of his best hockey with Campoli when they both played top minutes. And he was injured? Yikes.

Make that 4 million. Campoli signs 1-year deal for $1.4M, avoids arbitration - Page 3 159628

I didn't realize that, no. I guess that was one of those things that happened last year when Kuba went down for the count. Again, looking forward to seeing what Campoli can do. They thoughts of him getting 3 million are a little premature, but if he and Karlsson get to see significant ice together, his stock will indeed rise quite dramatically.

Sophomore
Sophomore

at 26 years old and 5 seasons in the NHL with a one year contract, it is now or never for Campoli. With the d-men we have waiting in the wings, he either becomes an NHL defencemen (gets more than 18 points and 16 pim) or goodbye. 1.4 million is a lot of money for anyone-time to actually earn it.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

111519 wrote:at 26 years old and 5 seasons in the NHL with a one year contract, it is now or never for Campoli. With the d-men we have waiting in the wings, he either becomes an NHL defencemen (gets more than 18 points and 16 pim) or goodbye. 1.4 million is a lot of money for anyone-time to actually earn it.

Exactly.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

111519 wrote:at 26 years old and 5 seasons in the NHL with a one year contract, it is now or never for Campoli. With the d-men we have waiting in the wings, he either becomes an NHL defencemen (gets more than 18 points and 16 pim) or goodbye. 1.4 million is a lot of money for anyone-time to actually earn it.

I don't disagree, but compare that to Lee and Karlsson making $1.3M their first shot at the can. Or, if you dare, compare to Jeff Finger @ $3.5M. There are lots of contracts out there a lot worse than paying Campoli $1.4M.

Of course, if he's the 7th D and rarely sees action, then that spot would be better served by Gryba making $622.5K.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i like campoli and what he brings to this team at that price. he wouldn't have been my 1st pick in which players we could trade.
at that price lets see if he can prove he can take it to the next level.

so when are we putting up a new topic for what our expectations are for next year? too soon? the summer is way too long... Facepalm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:

I don't disagree, but compare that to Lee and Karlsson making $1.3M their first shot at the can. Or, if you dare, compare to Jeff Finger @ $3.5M. There are lots of contracts out there a lot worse than paying Campoli $1.4M.

Of course, if he's the 7th D and rarely sees action, then that spot would be better served by Gryba making $622.5K.

Still can't get over that one ... always a good thing when the Toronto Make Beliefs screw up like that

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum