GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Campoli signs 1-year deal for $1.4M, avoids arbitration

+13
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
beerandsens
CockRoche
Riprock
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
dennycrane
asq2
Hobiesens
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
shabbs
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

As per BooBoo:

http://twitter.com/SunGarrioch/status/19932757407

"Chris Campoli has signed a one year, $1.4 million deal to avoid arb."

Last edited by shabbs on Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

and tsn http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=329016

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

a bit more than i wanted to give campoli

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:a bit more than i wanted to give campoli
True... 1 year though... we'll see how he performs.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

A little too much, but that's offset by Regin's really low cap hit. Good, rounds out the D, gives us some nice options. No NHL for Cowen now - almost for sure I would imagine.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

A little steep but only for 1 year. Also, it allows us to trade him if we want.
I guess we have our 1-way 7 d-men signed. Lee might be riding the pine quite often depending on how Carkner is.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Good news, even if it is a little pricey. When this guy is on his game he's a very good defenceman. He and Carkner are perfect as the third-pairing tandem.

Phillips - Gonchar
Kuba - Karlsson
Campoli - Carkner
*Lee

Cowen gets his year in the WHL to sort stuff out offensively, Wiercioch adjusts to life as a first-year pro in the AHL and Rundblad plays under Forsberg in Skelleftea.

This is a much better situation on defence than I think anybody could have expected.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Campoli likely gets this in arbitration, if not more, so I think it's a good deal. It's also a tradeable contract.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

is there any way for Cowen to play for ottawa mid-season? or is it just solely based as an emergency call up?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:is there any way for Cowen to play for ottawa mid-season? or is it just solely based as an emergency call up?

Not sure but, you'd think they'd have to call up guys like Weircioch and Gryba from Bingo before they dipped into Juniors.

- Unknown Author

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Michallica wrote:is there any way for Cowen to play for ottawa mid-season? or is it just solely based as an emergency call up?

Not sure but, you'd think they'd have to call up guys like Weircioch and Gryba from Bingo before they dipped into Juniors.

yeah true. But what if its clear that Weircioch and/or gryba aren't prepared for the nhl still? I'm just trying to think of a scenario where if Campoli or someone else is traded, Cowen can get that jump, but I highly doubt it would be possible. Thinking of how John Carlson was part of the caps down the stretch run and playoffs

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Campo will be on team 1200 around 5:05pm.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

yeah true. But what if its clear that Weircioch and/or gryba aren't prepared for the nhl still? I'm just trying to think of a scenario where if Campoli or someone else is traded, Cowen can get that jump, but I highly doubt it would be possible. Thinking of how John Carlson was part of the caps down the stretch run and playoffs

Carlsson was playing for the AHL though.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:
Michallica wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Carlsson was playing for the AHL though.

then i'm confused...he's american so i guess its not the same rules where he'd have to go play junior/college under age 20?

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

You can't recall a player from the Junior level until after their Junior season is over. You can on an emergency recall basis, but this would have to be approved by the NHL. I can't see that happening with Cowen though as Ottawa will have so many capable defensemen in the AHL they would have to use first.

Cowen may only get his 9-game trial at the beginning of the season, but I even doubt that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum