GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sharks sign CHI's Hjalmarsson to offer sheet

+12
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
rooneypoo
shabbs
wprager
SeawaySensFan
PKC
CockRoche
PTFlea
Ev
SensGirl11
Riprock
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Sharks sign CHI's Hjalmarsson to offer sheet - Page 2 797712

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:I hear Campoli could be had for cheap... Lee too!

Yeah, I bet it's on like Donkey Kong.

What, you think either or both of them might be of interest to Chicago if they lose Hjalmarsson? Thinking Interesting...

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

Not sure if you were referring to Campoli being had for a cheap off due to his RFA status, but Campoli can not be offered a contract by another team right now.

If you meant he can be had in a trade for cheap, ignore the rest of my post.

Campoli filed for arbitration therefore he can only negotiate with the Sens until his hearing. If Campoli's contract status makes it in front of the independent arbitrator, the arbitrator has 48 hours from the completion of the hearing to determine the value of the players contract. The team then has another 48 hours (or 48 hours after last hearing date if a team has more than one) to determine if they wish to retain that player or allow that player to become an unrestricted free agent. The team is only allowed to walk away from the players contract if the player requested the arbitration.

This didn't happen, but if the team requests salary arbitration, they are not allowed to walk away from the contract awarded by the arbitrator.

That is the Coles notes version of how the arbitration hearing system works.

Hope it helped clarify the RFA situation a bit.

CockRoche wrote:

Not sure if you were referring to Campoli being had for a cheap off due to his RFA status, but Campoli can not be offered a contract by another team right now.

Campoli filed for arbitration therefore he can only negotiate with the Sens until his hearing. If Campoli's contract status makes it in front of the independent arbitrator, the arbitrator has 48 hours from the completion of the hearing to determine the value of the players contract. The team then has another 48 hours (or 48 hours after last hearing date if a team has more than one) to determine if they wish to retain that player or allow that player to become an unrestricted free agent. The team is only allowed to walk away from the players contract if the player requested the arbitration.

This didn't happen, but if the team requests salary arbitration, they are not allowed to walk away from the contract awarded by the arbitrator.

It was more intended to be a joke, but tailored to a trade scenario, but thanks for the clarification. I didn't know that about arbitration

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Kovalfie wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

It was more intended to be a joke, but tailored to a trade scenario, but thanks for the clarification. I didn't know that about arbitration

Figured that, but just wanted to be sure. Glad I could help a little though.

Lee has definitely dropped waaaayyyyy down on the depth chart, but I like Campoli where he is, a 5 or 6 guy. He came into his own near the end of last year and played well for a long stretch of games. He showed us all why Murray made the trade that he did in giving up a late first rounder. I want to see more of Campoli this year.

Time will tell.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Question is: given Setoguchi's regression last year from a 60+ point player to a 30+ point player, will anyone be willing to offer him the kind of contract that would make sense financially?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Answer: The Leafs

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:Answer: The Leafs

After the stink that Burke raised over offer sheets a few years ago, I doubt they'd do it.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

They won't do an offer sheet though, because they lack the picks to make it hard for SJ to not match.

They would have to do it by trade. Surprised a Kaberle for Setoguchi type deal was never mentioned prior to Hjalmarsson.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PKC wrote:

After the stink that Burke raised over offer sheets a few years ago, I doubt they'd do it.

I think Jurke has since made an offer sheet and stated that his case was somehow different.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
PKC wrote:

I think Jurke has since made an offer sheet and stated that his case was somehow different.

I'm far from a fan of Burke, but his initial objection was not about the offer sheet but the size of the contract. He was 100% right,of course.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
PKC wrote:

I'm far from a fan of Burke, but his initial objection was not about the offer sheet but the size of the contract. He was 100% right,of course.

Are you TSNs James Dutchie?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

No, but I like Tim Horton's dutchies. A lot.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash, by the way, did you alter that image in your avatar at all to make him look 7 foot tall?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Nope, it's exactly how I found it, just a smaller scaling. I'd say it was taken with a wide-angle lens. And it is Gryba if you didn't know - 'hardest working player' at the development camp.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Honestly, I thought it was Cowen. Looks a lot like him when scaled down like that. I found the original picture, very nice.

Sharks sign CHI's Hjalmarsson to offer sheet - Page 2 Eric%20Gryba%20after%20the%20celebration

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Does look like Cowen... same # too. Only difference is the Boston U jersey.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh man, I thought that was Cowen too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum