GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Report: Chicago and Atlanta complete MASSIVE Trade

+6
Flo The Action
Ev
PTFlea
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Who wins the trade?

Report: Chicago and Atlanta complete MASSIVE Trade - Page 5 Vote_lcap233%Report: Chicago and Atlanta complete MASSIVE Trade - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 2 ]
Report: Chicago and Atlanta complete MASSIVE Trade - Page 5 Vote_lcap267%Report: Chicago and Atlanta complete MASSIVE Trade - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 67% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

I thought this was worth pointing out. Following this trade, the Thrashers will have Evander Kane, Dustin Byfgulien, Johnny Oduya and Akim Aliu.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:I thought this was worth pointing out. Following this trade, the Thrashers will have Evander Kane, Dustin Byfgulien, Johnny Oduya and Akim Aliu.

Coincidence, or marketing/trying to get more people to come to the games?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Chicago seriously just got saved by Atlanta, no clue what Atlanta is thinking here... I would almost bet Eager ends up being the most valuable player out of this trade because Buff without the tallent around him will be useless.

Let's not go nuts here, they only saved ~ 4 million. It's gonna take a lot more than that.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So Dash, do we now assume they will draft Emerson Etem?

SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:Chicago seriously just got saved by Atlanta, no clue what Atlanta is thinking here... I would almost bet Eager ends up being the most valuable player out of this trade because Buff without the tallent around him will be useless.

Let's not go nuts here, they only saved ~ 4 million. It's gonna take a lot more than that.

they saved almost 5.5.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

they saved almost 5.5.

Am I missing someone?

Byfuglien makes 3 million, Sopel makes 2.2, Eager's a UFA, Alieu is on a 2-way

for

Reasoner makes 1.1 million, Morin is on a 2-way, cancels out Alieu.

So 5.5 - 1.1

~4.4 million in savings.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

$4.183M by my calculations.

Byfuglien ($3,000,000) + Sopel ($2,333,333) = $5,333,333 - Reasoner ($1,150,000) = $4,183,333

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:So Dash, do we now assume they will draft Emerson Etem?

Maybe, would be early for Etem to go at 8, and would probably piss off the LA crowd lol.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Am I wrong to think a Nick Foligno for Versteeg trade would make some sense?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
Dash wrote:I thought this was worth pointing out. Following this trade, the Thrashers will have Evander Kane, Dustin Byfgulien, Johnny Oduya and Akim Aliu.

Coincidence, or marketing/trying to get more people to come to the games?

It would get even more interesting if they signed Laracques.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Am I wrong to think a Nick Foligno for Versteeg trade would make some sense?

For Ottawa, maybe, but not for Chicago. They want another 1st round pick - and someone probably will do it. Pittsburgh? Vancouver (they want Ladd)?

And does Chicago continue to trade?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Am I wrong to think a Nick Foligno for Versteeg trade would make some sense?

For Ottawa, maybe, but not for Chicago. They want another 1st round pick - and someone probably will do it. Pittsburgh? Vancouver (they want Ladd)?

And does Chicago continue to trade?

Wait, really? Foligno's got some upside, he'll be cheap and has nice top 6 potential IMO. Is it really that skewed towards Chicago?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh and yes, Versteeg's gone by Friday or Monday IMO.

Campbell will be a tough sell, but they need to I think. Huet...Ladd...lots more to come into Hawkland.

Ah yeah, forgot he was going the other way.

Anyways, that's still a large chunk of change and they can handle the rest over the summer.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

They might end up basically rebuilding at this rate, with only Kane, Toews, Sharp, Keith, Seabrook and Niemi staying. That's your core there, fill in the rest with either young, relatively cheap rookies and/or veterans wanting to sign for cheap and play on an exciting young winning team.

I'm sure there are a few others you would keep too, but those are the main ones I think.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:They might end up basically rebuilding at this rate, with only Kane, Toews, Sharp, Keith, Seabrook and Niemi staying. That's your core there, fill in the rest with either young, relatively cheap rookies and/or veterans wanting to sign for cheap and play on an exciting young winning team.

I'm sure there are a few others you would keep too, but those are the main ones I think.

Yeah probably. It becomes tougher from here on in though with Kane, Toews and Keith off ELCs obviously, the playing field starts to become levelled with their talent level vs the rest of the West/league, and they still have to move Huet and Campbell to get 21 players under the cap.

They have 14 right now at 57, so 7 players, 2 million with no space for injuries. Amazing...still a long, long, long way to go in Chi-town.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Wow, yeah they aren't even close. Even rookie contracts as they know can run you $3M with bonuses.

For sure Huet has to be off their cap one way or another, and I think Campbell, but they are going to have to start giving players away. I wouldn't be doing any favours. While I think Atlanta did well for themselves for what they got, I suppose they didn't need to give up that much considering the predicament Chicago is in. I suppose when it comes down to Atlanta or other options, they felt they needed to offer up more.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

When does Ottawa put on their dancing shoes and get into this disco?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum