GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

There's Something Rotten in the State of Denmark

+11
The Silfer Server
SensFan71
Cap'n Clutch
Devo
Hoags
ddt
asq2
Ev
LeCaptain
PTFlea
dennycrane
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I like Regin a lot and want him on the team but not for that money. I do think he can be a top 6 and maybe even top 3 forward but I'd take the picks 10 times out of 10 with that kind of offer sheet.

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

This was discussed in the other thread "There's something rotten in the State of Denmark".

Marakh (I believe) brought up a good point that it appears as though the reference to Vanek was an insert by Garrioch to refer to a similar situation where a restricted free agent was offered an offer sheet. That the contract itself was more of way of getting us to remember the event almost. And that all this confusion is most likely Garrioch's fault.

This sort of situation just adds to a pretty tough off-season for Murray. Seems like the organization is in a pretty deep state of disarray.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Murray needs to give up on A-Train and get what ever scraps he can for his rights. Then re-sign his RFAs, then see if he has room for guys like Cullen and Sutton.

It's not rocket science. Give up on A-Train.

- Unknown Author

RFA's can wait, way more to worry about before then.

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

Can we merge the threads...or at least jump to his...

As for the teams that can make an offer...

The following teams don't have their 1st next year

Toronto

No second
Calgary
Montreal
Minnesota
NewJersey
Philly
Washington

No Third
Boston

Without a trade to reacquire the picks those teams are out.

Devo

I dont see any team giving up a first rounder for Regin. I think he will be more then worth that somewhere down the line, but the guy has like 30 NHL points...

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Devo wrote:Oh and on a personal note, Sorry Dash for being so critical yesterday. Bad day at work and all stressed out. I let my opinions get the better of me and I let them push my opinions out as gospel. I still believe in what I said but I was way to dismal of your thoughts and that's not fair.

Thanks Devo, I appreciate the sentiment. I think everyone was getting a little opinionated, myself included. I took things a little too personally haha.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

what in the blue hell?

If an offer sheet comes, and its between 1.5 to 3M, I think the sens will match. Otherwise, let Regin go, I'll take the extra 1st rounder (+ more). Regin doesn't deserve more than $2M really, and to get even to $3M is overpaying big time. He hasn't done much to warrant or command that much money.

How about a little humility Regin?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I merged the two Regin offer sheet threads.

This is a joke though or a mistake. Regin doesn't have this kind of say. I guess the Sens are offering 1 million and Regin's agent is disgusted, but this is how it works.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:what in the blue hell?

If an offer sheet comes, and its between 1.5 to 3M, I think the sens will match. Otherwise, let Regin go, I'll take the extra 1st rounder (+ more). Regin doesn't deserve more than $2M really, and to get even to $3M is overpaying big time. He hasn't done much to warrant or command that much money.

How about a little humility Regin?

I really don't think this has anything to do with Regin or his demands. Although it makes me more excited that we might have a star in our hands, there's no chance of a long term contract worth anything over 2 million.

I'd say we re-sign him for 2 years @ 1.4 million per year. Which is 200K more than I would want to pay him, but he comes out an RFA I believe, so we can pay a little extra.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Bass Destruction wrote:This was discussed in the other thread "There's something rotten in the State of Denmark".

Marakh (I believe) brought up a good point that it appears as though the reference to Vanek was an insert by Garrioch to refer to a similar situation where a restricted free agent was offered an offer sheet. That the contract itself was more of way of getting us to remember the event almost. And that all this confusion is most likely Garrioch's fault.

Then what the hell is his title doing saying "Vanek-Like Bucks for Regin?" Unless he means Vanek-like in the sense that they're bucks coming from an offer-sheet, but almost no one would come to that conclusion over the vastly more obvious 7 years, $50 million contract that Garrioch even references in the deal.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

I have no idea.

Quick, somebody learn Danish and watch that interview, and see Madsen was talking about. Go, now!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Regardless, we don't have to worry about a 7 X 7 coming his way I don't think. Sarcasm

Or a 3 X3.

Or a 2 X 3.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

asq2 wrote:Then what the hell is his title doing saying "Vanek-Like Bucks for Regin?" Unless he means Vanek-like in the sense that they're bucks coming from an offer-sheet, but almost no one would come to that conclusion over the vastly more obvious 7 years, $50 million contract that Garrioch even references in the deal.

Just being inflammatory, as usual. Offer sheet? Maybe. Vanek-like? No way.

It's kind of like calling an advance or an installment a "bonus". Whatever pisses the reader off the most.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Decided to do some research instead of learning Danish, and there is this Danish poster (Tobias) on HFBoards that watched the interview (on 21/6/2010), and translated some of it, and stated that the reference to Vanek dealt with nothing more than to explain that as a restricted free agent he could still be offered a contract. He further explains it by showing by identifying the context as being a Danish show for Danish fans, in so much as they would not be as educated on the NHL CBA as we would be.

More on this here:

http://hfboards.ca/showthread.php?p=26403186

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Laugh1 There you go.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Man I hate the SUN.