GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

There's Something Rotten in the State of Denmark

+11
The Silfer Server
SensFan71
Cap'n Clutch
Devo
Hoags
ddt
asq2
Ev
LeCaptain
PTFlea
dennycrane
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Ottawa Sun article:

Vanek-like bucks for Regin?
By BRUCE GARRIOCH, Ottawa Sun

Last Updated: June 22, 2010 6:50pm

LOS ANGELES — Peter Regin’s agents are talking tough.

Set to become a restricted free agent on July 1 with the right to file for arbitration, the slick centre, who had a breakthrough season with 29 points in 75 games, is warning he could receive an offer sheet.

Speaking to a Danish TV station, Bjarne Madsen — one of Regin’s European agents — suggested Regin could get an offer sheet similar to the $50- million deal received by Buffalo’s Thomas Vanek in 2007 from the Edmonton Oilers.

Regin, 24, was one of the Sens’ top players in the first- round series against the Penguins with seven points. He made $620,000 last season.

“We’re talking in two different worlds right now,” Madsen told tvsport2.dk. “The club is talking one language and we’re talking another. Peter would like to be in Ottawa and Ottawa would like to keep him, so I wonder if we’ll find common ground soon.”

Anton gone?

The Senators are trying to deal the rights to D Anton Volchenkov so another team can negotiate before July 1. The indications are the Senators would like to get a third-round pick in exchange for Volchenkov, who turned down a five-year, $20-million deal after the Olympic break.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What in the Diddle?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

His agent is talking another language. The language of Dung for brains.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

1/ He had 4 points, not 7
2/ No one's giving a rookie an offer sheet

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Somebody refresh my memory- what happens if this actually happened but we couldn't match the offer sheet?

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

There's Something Rotten in the State of Denmark 62136

$50 million?!

Unless we're talking a 25-year deal here, **** off Madsen. And how do you have a breakthrough season in your rookie season?

Big Ev wrote:Somebody refresh my memory- what happens if this actually happened but we couldn't match the offer sheet?

We'd get a buttload of picks. If it's Vanek like dollars it would be like 2 1sts, a 2nd and a 3rd.

asq2 wrote:There's Something Rotten in the State of Denmark 62136

$50 million?!

Unless we're talking a 25-year deal here, **** off Madsen. And how do you have a breakthrough season in your rookie season?

And in what universe is 29 points in 75 games worthy of a $50 million contract offer?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So, just for example, if New York would sign Regin to an offer sheet and we didn't match it, we would get their first round pick from this year and then some?

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

Big Ev wrote:Somebody refresh my memory- what happens if this actually happened but we couldn't match the offer sheet?

If we don't match, the team gets him for the offer sheet amount. Then, depending on the amount, the Sens may receive compensation from the other team.

2010 Compensation

$1,020,348 or below: No compensation.
$1,020,348 to $1,545,981: A third-round draft choice.
$1,545,981 to $3,091,963: A second round draft choice.
$3,091,963 to $4,637,944: A first-round choice and a third-rounder.
$4,637,944 to $6,183,925: A first- a second- and a third-rounder.
$6,183,925 to $7,729,907: Two First-round choices, a second-rounder and a third-rounder.
Over $7,729,907: Four first-rounders.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
asq2 wrote:There's Something Rotten in the State of Denmark 62136

$50 million?!

And in what universe is 29 points in 75 games worthy of a $50 million contract offer?

I don't know, I think it's pretty comparable to Vanek's 43 goal, 84-point season. There's Something Rotten in the State of Denmark 270956

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:His agent is talking another language. The language of Dung for brains.

I actually laughed out loud at this. How can Regin trust a guy this out of touch with reality?

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

All that said, I am a little worried someone gives him like a $2.5-$3 million offersheet on a shorter term. It's too much money right now but a 2nd round pick compensation would definitely not be worth it.

Hopefully the kid's still relatively anonymous around the league.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
I actually laughed out loud at this. How can Regin trust a guy this out of touch with reality?

The guy's doing his job, trying to land Peter some big $$$.

Mind you, it sounds like he went to the Mark Gandler School for NHL Agents.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Hum... Vanek was just an example. I don't think he's suggesting the same amount for Regin.
I'd be careful about those translated interviews. We don't even know the context on how that subject came out. May be the Danish reporter asked him: "What are Regin's options". Then the agent just answers "may be he gets an offer sheet".

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum