GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

There's Something Rotten in the State of Denmark

+11
The Silfer Server
SensFan71
Cap'n Clutch
Devo
Hoags
ddt
asq2
Ev
LeCaptain
PTFlea
dennycrane
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

All that said, I am a little worried someone gives him like a $2.5-$3 million offersheet on a shorter term. It's too much money right now but a 2nd round pick compensation would definitely not be worth it.

Hopefully the kid's still relatively anonymous around the league.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
I actually laughed out loud at this. How can Regin trust a guy this out of touch with reality?

The guy's doing his job, trying to land Peter some big $$$.

Mind you, it sounds like he went to the Mark Gandler School for NHL Agents.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Hum... Vanek was just an example. I don't think he's suggesting the same amount for Regin.
I'd be careful about those translated interviews. We don't even know the context on how that subject came out. May be the Danish reporter asked him: "What are Regin's options". Then the agent just answers "may be he gets an offer sheet".

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

^that's possible. In that case, it's Garrioch's fault.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:^that's possible. In that case, it's Garrioch's fault.

That would be a first. Sarcasm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

“We’re talking in two different worlds right now,” Madsen told tvsport2.dk. “The club is talking one language and we’re talking another. Peter would like to be in Ottawa and Ottawa would like to keep him, so I wonder if we’ll find common ground soon.”

Hahaha, that's more like Murray.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:Hum... Vanek was just an example. I don't think he's suggesting the same amount for Regin.
I'd be careful about those translated interviews. We don't even know the context on how that subject came out. May be the Danish reporter asked him: "What are Regin's options". Then the agent just answers "may be he gets an offer sheet".

I 100% agree, I think we all must have thought of that. Garroich. Thumbs Down

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Maybe this Madsen guy doesn't speak English. There's Something Rotten in the State of Denmark - Page 2 159628

24There's Something Rotten in the State of Denmark - Page 2 Empty Regin to Get Offer Sheet? Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:02 am

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

According to the sun (take it for what it's worth it comes from the Dung DISTURBER Garrioch) Regin's agent claims he is going to get an offer sheet similar to Vanek.

Here is a link OTTAWA SUN ARTICLE

I have two questions.

1. How can the agent know this unless he's been talking with teams, in which case isn't collusion in play here?
2. If another team really does offer Regin 50 million plus (over 7 million a year) and next years draft shaping up to be pretty good, do we let him walk and take the plethora of picks?

I'll await comments.

Oh and on a personal note, Sorry Dash for being so critical yesterday. Bad day at work and all stressed out. I let my opinions get the better of me and I let them push my opinions out as gospel. I still believe in what I said but I was way to dismal of your thoughts and that's not fair.

Something else will come out about this story, I think there is a lot of info missing from it... I cant fathom him getting anything over 15 mil on a long term deal.

Also, never appologize for being right, haha. I always am.

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

I'm guessing it's his agent trying to put pressure on Ottawa to sign him...um...maybe I'm wrong but yes Regin is good, but the 1st 2nd and 3rd round picks next year would be nice, as would the 1st in 2012.

Yeah the picks would be great. And I can't see any team right now with the available cap and guts to sign a 25+ year old rookie on a 29 point season for that much money. Maybe the $50 million was a $20 million? And maybe it was over 6-7 years? Otherwise this makes no sense

I lied, he's 24

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Doesn't makes sense at all. How many teams, with their own picks, and the Cap space, would be willing to make an offer sheet like that?

If there is one? Been nice Regin but see ya.

- Unknown Author

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Doesn't makes sense at all. How many teams, with their own picks, and the Cap space, would be willing to make an offer sheet like that?

If there is one? Been nice Regin but see ya.

agreed, one alright season and a pretty decent playoff series in a losing cause does not justify that money, take the picks and run.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I like Regin a lot and want him on the team but not for that money. I do think he can be a top 6 and maybe even top 3 forward but I'd take the picks 10 times out of 10 with that kind of offer sheet.

- Unknown Author

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

This was discussed in the other thread "There's something rotten in the State of Denmark".

Marakh (I believe) brought up a good point that it appears as though the reference to Vanek was an insert by Garrioch to refer to a similar situation where a restricted free agent was offered an offer sheet. That the contract itself was more of way of getting us to remember the event almost. And that all this confusion is most likely Garrioch's fault.

This sort of situation just adds to a pretty tough off-season for Murray. Seems like the organization is in a pretty deep state of disarray.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum