GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Leafs want to get rid of rubbish

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Leafs want to get rid of rubbish Empty Leafs want to get rid of rubbish Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:08 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This is hardly even worth its own thread...but a rumour is a rumour.

According to Darren Dregger and AM640, the Leafs are trying to get rid of some of the fringe players on their team.

Mark Bell, Carlo Colaiacovo, and Ian White are available.

2Leafs want to get rid of rubbish Empty Re: Leafs want to get rid of rubbish Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:27 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Man, if Colaiacovo could stay healthy, he'd have some takers...

3Leafs want to get rid of rubbish Empty Re: Leafs want to get rid of rubbish Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Man, if Colaiacovo could stay healthy, he'd have some takers...

Actually, he might have some decent takers either way. What's he worth you think? 3rd rounder? 2nd maybe?

4Leafs want to get rid of rubbish Empty Re: Leafs want to get rid of rubbish Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:48 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

No way I'd want Mark Bell... ask me years ago and the answer was yes. I was super excited when I had heard Ottawa made a deal with Chicago, involving Havlat, but we ended up with the raw deal, at least I thought.

But after what Bell did, no way. Not to mention he sucks now.

5Leafs want to get rid of rubbish Empty Re: Leafs want to get rid of rubbish Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:10 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Colaiacovo has so much potential; but he's as soft as table butter. It wouldn't surprise me to hear he got injured by a gust of wind some day.

6Leafs want to get rid of rubbish Empty Re: Leafs want to get rid of rubbish Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:35 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

DashRiprock wrote:No way I'd want Mark Bell... ask me years ago and the answer was yes. I was super excited when I had heard Ottawa made a deal with Chicago, involving Havlat, but we ended up with the raw deal, at least I thought.

But after what Bell did, no way. Not to mention he sucks now.

Yeah Bell's a goof, and I don't want him anywhere near this team, as i'm sure Alfie would say a few words too... Actually none of those players would be that great on the sens...

7Leafs want to get rid of rubbish Empty Re: Leafs want to get rid of rubbish Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:07 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

504Heater wrote:

Actually, he might have some decent takers either way. What's he worth you think? 3rd rounder? 2nd maybe?
Based on his injury history, I can't see him getting much more than a 3rd round pick. If he wasn't so injury prone, I'd like to see Murray grab him as he does have the offensive skills and could be a puck moving d-man for us, but we have enough issues with injuries to our players...

8Leafs want to get rid of rubbish Empty Re: Leafs want to get rid of rubbish Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:21 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
504Heater wrote:

Based on his injury history, I can't see him getting much more than a 3rd round pick. If he wasn't so injury prone, I'd like to see Murray grab him as he does have the offensive skills and could be a puck moving d-man for us, but we have enough issues with injuries to our players...

But could he ever climb into a top 4 role with the Sens? I don't think so... He'd play in the 5-6 slot and wouldn't really help in that area IMO

9Leafs want to get rid of rubbish Empty Re: Leafs want to get rid of rubbish Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:34 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

smash88 wrote:But could he ever climb into a top 4 role with the Sens? I don't think so... He'd play in the 5-6 slot and wouldn't really help in that area IMO
I think he could in time if there was no issues with injuries (and that's a big if). He's only 25 remember. We're going to be needing some top 4 replacement D-men in the not too distant future.

10Leafs want to get rid of rubbish Empty Re: Leafs want to get rid of rubbish Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:35 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Yeah but I really don't think he is the answer... He's had trouble cracking the leafs roster... I really don't see him as an answer.. I'm pretty sure we could find someone with a little better potential for around the same price...

11Leafs want to get rid of rubbish Empty Re: Leafs want to get rid of rubbish Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:40 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

smash88 wrote:Yeah but I really don't think he is the answer... He's had trouble cracking the leafs roster... I really don't see him as an answer.. I'm pretty sure we could find someone with a little better potential for around the same price...
Heh. I don't think he's the answer either, but I was painting an "ideal scenario" where he was not injury prone, he'd be worth a sniff.

12Leafs want to get rid of rubbish Empty Re: Leafs want to get rid of rubbish Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:45 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
smash88 wrote:Yeah but I really don't think he is the answer... He's had trouble cracking the leafs roster... I really don't see him as an answer.. I'm pretty sure we could find someone with a little better potential for around the same price...
Heh. I don't think he's the answer either, but I was painting an "ideal scenario" where he was not injury prone, he'd be worth a sniff.

Yeah without the injuries maybe.. But then again I'd consider Picard just as good if not better and he is only 23, so we should be ok, as long as we sign a d-man here and there in the next couple of years... I don't see that being too much of a problem..

13Leafs want to get rid of rubbish Empty Re: Leafs want to get rid of rubbish Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:16 am

smash88 wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Yeah without the injuries maybe.. But then again I'd consider Picard just as good if not better and he is only 23, so we should be ok, as long as we sign a d-man here and there in the next couple of years... I don't see that being too much of a problem..

I would not get him at the expense of a better option. Like one of the Vancouver d's mentioned in the other thread.

14Leafs want to get rid of rubbish Empty Re: Leafs want to get rid of rubbish Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:19 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

MurderOnIce wrote:
smash88 wrote:
shabbs wrote:

I would not get him at the expense of a better option. Like one of the Vancouver d's mentioned in the other thread.

Yeah exactly.. I just think there is much better out there...

15Leafs want to get rid of rubbish Empty Re: Leafs want to get rid of rubbish Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:35 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

MurderOnIce wrote:I would not get him at the expense of a better option. Like one of the Vancouver d's mentioned in the other thread.
I would not get him period, and the "other" Vancouver options are not actively being shopped I suspect. Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum