GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Leafs get their first win vs Anaheim

+3
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Leafs get their first win vs Anaheim Empty Leafs get their first win vs Anaheim Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:34 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well, the Leafs finally got in the WIN column with a 6-3 victory last night over Anaheim. Leafs Nation will no doubt proclaim Gustavsson as the saviour.

2Leafs get their first win vs Anaheim Empty Re: Leafs get their first win vs Anaheim Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:40 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I figured it was likely going to happen either vs. the 'Nucks or Ducks. Who do they face next? They better hope it's the Panthers, Isles or Wild if they hope to put together a "winning streak". Leafs get their first win vs Anaheim 159628

- Unknown Author

3Leafs get their first win vs Anaheim Empty Re: Leafs get their first win vs Anaheim Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:43 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Next up is Dallas, Buffalo and Montreal. So, they have their work cut out for them.

4Leafs get their first win vs Anaheim Empty Re: Leafs get their first win vs Anaheim Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:44 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They face the Stars, Sabres and Habs. Have they turned a corner? We'll see how they do against Turco and Miller. Hiller wasn't very good (and Giguere was out, I think).

5Leafs get their first win vs Anaheim Empty Re: Leafs get their first win vs Anaheim Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:47 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Next up is Dallas, Buffalo and Montreal. So, they have their work cut out for them.

Buffalo they can forget about, Montreal they have a shot but the Habs have been stringing together wins and their Big Leafs get their first win vs Anaheim 62136 Little Three are clicking. Dallas has been playing well lately too so...A one win October? We shall see.

- Unknown Author

6Leafs get their first win vs Anaheim Empty Re: Leafs get their first win vs Anaheim Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:50 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Well, the Leafs finally got in the WIN column with a 6-3 victory last night over Anaheim. Leafs Nation will no doubt proclaim Gustavsson as the saviour.

They should proclaim the refs as saviour. They had 11 powerplays!

7Leafs get their first win vs Anaheim Empty Re: Leafs get their first win vs Anaheim Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:11 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

HA HA! I had to look it up. Holy crap. 11 powerplays? They won nothing.

8Leafs get their first win vs Anaheim Empty Re: Leafs get their first win vs Anaheim Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:13 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I wonder if Orr will get a "ref abuse" fine? During his fight with Parros he waived the ref off but ended up pushing him and he fell down. Hilarious.

9Leafs get their first win vs Anaheim Empty Re: Leafs get their first win vs Anaheim Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:18 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:I wonder if Orr will get a "ref abuse" fine? During his fight with Parros he waived the ref off but ended up pushing him and he fell down. Hilarious.

That was an Elaine Benes-type shove. Big tilt involving big men. They finally played a goon game, and won.

10Leafs get their first win vs Anaheim Empty Re: Leafs get their first win vs Anaheim Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:20 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Bass Destruction wrote:
shabbs wrote:I wonder if Orr will get a "ref abuse" fine? During his fight with Parros he waived the ref off but ended up pushing him and he fell down. Hilarious.

That was an Elaine Benes-type shove. Big tilt involving big men. They finally played a goon game, and won.
The Ducks played like the Leafs.

11Leafs get their first win vs Anaheim Empty Re: Leafs get their first win vs Anaheim Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:28 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Well, the Leafs finally got in the WIN column with a 6-3 victory last night over Anaheim. Leafs Nation will no doubt proclaim Gustavsson as the saviour.

I doubt they proclaim the Monster as their savior, but they have been clamoring for a good goalie ever since Toskala starting to Dung the bed. This may be a positive solution. I just hope his heart is never a medical issue in the future again

12Leafs get their first win vs Anaheim Empty Re: Leafs get their first win vs Anaheim Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:37 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

His wonky groin may be the biggest factor...

13Leafs get their first win vs Anaheim Empty Re: Leafs get their first win vs Anaheim Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:04 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:His wonky groin may be the biggest factor...

I think Alfie may have had something to do with that groin. We may not know how wonky it is until we play them again. Short-handed break-away for Alfie and we may start calling "Mike Wazowski" instead of "Monster".

Leafs get their first win vs Anaheim MikeWazowski

14Leafs get their first win vs Anaheim Empty Re: Leafs get their first win vs Anaheim Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:15 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:His wonky groin may be the biggest factor...

I think Alfie may have had something to do with that groin. We may not know how wonky it is until we play them again. Short-handed break-away for Alfie and we may start calling "Mike Wazowski" instead of "Monster".

Leafs get their first win vs Anaheim MikeWazowski

10,000 over my head. That's ok; I'm used to that Wink

15Leafs get their first win vs Anaheim Empty Re: Leafs get their first win vs Anaheim Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:30 am

Doesn't change the fact that the playoff tree will continue to look like this

Leafs get their first win vs Anaheim 18tree-600

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum