GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anaheim winless in 4 games!

+3
mattshock
Cronie
shabbs
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Anaheim winless in 4 games! Empty Anaheim winless in 4 games! Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:44 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

And not even an OT loss. All regulation. WOW! I just noticed this today. Have not been keeping up with them at all.

What is going on over there?

I wonder if the Leafs really want him now? HA HA HA!

2Anaheim winless in 4 games! Empty Re: Anaheim winless in 4 games! Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:47 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I can't help but smile a bit at this. I mean I do genuinely feel bad for the players who are actually trying and giving it their best (assuming they are) but at the same time, the thought of Burke's forhead bulging with veins is extremely funny to me!

3Anaheim winless in 4 games! Empty Re: Anaheim winless in 4 games! Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:49 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Landry and Stellick were having a good laugh at Burke's expense yesterday morning on the Fan 590... now I see why.

4Anaheim winless in 4 games! Empty Re: Anaheim winless in 4 games! Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:51 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:I can't help but smile a bit at this. I mean I do genuinely feel bad for the players who are actually trying and giving it their best (assuming they are) but at the same time, the thought of Burke's forhead bulging with veins is extremely funny to me!

All this losing is good practice for when he heads for Toronto.

5Anaheim winless in 4 games! Empty Re: Anaheim winless in 4 games! Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:53 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:And not even an OT loss. All regulation. WOW! I just noticed this today. Have not been keeping up with them at all.

I still really can't wrap my head around the fact that they are still drooling over him in leaf land.... Why is it that they want this guy so bad? I've never understood it... scratch

6Anaheim winless in 4 games! Empty Re: Anaheim winless in 4 games! Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:09 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Beats me!
Although, whether he was railroaded or a victim of his own stupidity, I get the impression that ANYONE is better than JFJ...

7Anaheim winless in 4 games! Empty Re: Anaheim winless in 4 games! Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:29 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:Beats me!
Although, whether he was railroaded or a victim of his own stupidity, I get the impression that ANYONE is better than JFJ...

I miss that guy. His trades and signings were always good for a laugh.

8Anaheim winless in 4 games! Empty Re: Anaheim winless in 4 games! Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:30 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:Beats me!

Oh yeah no doubt, but there's so much better than Burke out there.. They treat him like the saviour!

9Anaheim winless in 4 games! Empty Re: Anaheim winless in 4 games! Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:57 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

This team is too good to just write off this early. They still do have Pronger, Niedermayer, and Beauchemin on D, and guys like Getzlaf, Selanne, Kunitz, Perry and Morrison on O. Plus this guy Giguere...however, yeah, its been proven time and again that just because you have a bunch of names on your roster doesn't mean you're guaranteed to win.

10Anaheim winless in 4 games! Empty Re: Anaheim winless in 4 games! Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:59 am

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

smash88 wrote:
shabbs wrote:And not even an OT loss. All regulation. WOW! I just noticed this today. Have not been keeping up with them at all.

I still really can't wrap my head around the fact that they are still drooling over him in leaf land.... Why is it that they want this guy so bad? I've never understood it... scratch

Isn't it obvious?
Four straight losses....overpays for players, then can't sign the core youth of the team....rash decision making without looking to the future...

He fits their historical mold perfectly.

11Anaheim winless in 4 games! Empty Re: Anaheim winless in 4 games! Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:10 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PKC wrote:This team is too good to just write off this early. They still do have Pronger, Niedermayer, and Beauchemin on D, and guys like Getzlaf, Selanne, Kunitz, Perry and Morrison on O. Plus this guy Giguere...however, yeah, its been proven time and again that just because you have a bunch of names on your roster doesn't mean you're guaranteed to win.

Well they finally won.

Pronger has looked slow, and with Niedermayer's age creeping up on him I'd say their defense is quite a bit slower than it was two years ago, or even last year. And Giuguerre is just not playing all that well, other than last night's shutout. His SV% (before last night) was below Gerber's.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum