GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jared Staal signs 3 year deal with Canes

+4
stempniaksen
rooneypoo
Riprock
SensGirl11
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
Do you know why they said that he would re-enter the draft though? Was it just a mistake?

Did they say that, okay, he's on his first contract, so he re-enters the draft I guess. Must be an age + contract status proviso. Intriguing. Thinking

There's a time frame in place to sign a player after you draft him. It's something like 2 or 3 years. If you draft a guy and don't sign him after that point, he re-enters the draft. A team can't hold a player hostage if they don't sign him.

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

The Staals have been 3/3 in the NHL so far. I'd risk a 5th rounder on those odds.

Sure, the risk/reward is huge (just don't count on it) Smile

It's like putting $3 bucks down on a Lotto649 ticket, but the odds are way better and your ticket has a family history of winning. Don't see any problem there.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
Do you know why they said that he would re-enter the draft though? Was it just a mistake?

Did they say that, okay, he's on his first contract, so he re-enters the draft I guess. Must be an age + contract status proviso. Intriguing. Jared Staal signs 3 year deal with Canes - Page 3 663118

There's a time frame in place to sign a player after you draft him. It's something like 2 or 3 years. If you draft a guy and don't sign him after that point, he re-enters the draft. A team can't hold a player hostage if they don't sign him.

That's why the Ottawa Senators drafted Simon Lajeunesse twice.

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

SensGirl11 wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:How is it that Phoenix and Carolina were aloud to make a trade without the SCP being over? Are you alowed to do it if it's minor leaguers?

Technically, I'm pretty sure teams not in the playoffs can trade to their heart's content, regardless of what kind of player (i.e., NHLer, AHLer, etc.) might be involved.

Hmmm. That doesn't seem fair.

I think your only banned from trading during the Cup Finals.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum