GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Playoff talk all the time.

+20
Urkie
caissie_1
stempniaksen
PKC
SensGirl11
SensHulk
Flo The Action
asq2
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
SensGal
SDH89
Cap'n Clutch
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
LeCaptain
Ev
Riprock
shabbs
wprager
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

Go down  Message [Page 31 of 35]

451All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 31 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:31 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The fact is, if the NHL's draft actually worked like it should (i.e, no lottery!), Kane would be a Flyer right now. It's very ironic that he scored the series-winning OT goal.

452All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 31 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:32 pm

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:

So basically, the best way to win is suck for a few years, get the #1 pick for a few years and then you will be good. ThumbsUp

Pittsburgh and Chicago drafted 2 superstars (Crosby and Toews), not every #1 pick will turn out that good.

All those teams did have an exception goaltending and defence though.

Don't really see a pattern all the past 4 winners were good with no glaring weaknesses.

453All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 31 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:33 pm

Where in the last time the number 1 pick wasnt a super star? Toews also wasnt a number 1, he was 3.

454All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 31 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:43 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Real classy, Burish:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Video-Burish-calls-Pronger-biggest-idiot-and-;_ylt=Ajq8iN9FCOnx0oeGIwrw.XJ.ppJ4?urn=nhl,247314

Coming from a guy who was a healthy scratch in Game 6...

455All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 31 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:46 pm

Awesome! Hahaha, he's right. Pronger has the respect of no one around The NHL and this is a perfect example of it. Hope he enjoy's those pucks he took because that's all he has... well that an a couple pentalties and an NHL record -5 in a Stanley Cup Finals playoff game.

Glad all this is right in his face, looks good on him. Good for Burrish to say exactly what everyone around the league (including his team mates) thinks.

456All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 31 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:48 pm

Big Ev wrote:Real classy, Burish:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Video-Burish-calls-Pronger-biggest-idiot-and-;_ylt=Ajq8iN9FCOnx0oeGIwrw.XJ.ppJ4?urn=nhl,247314

Coming from a guy who was a healthy scratch in Game 6...

So....? You're point would be what? Chicago is a deep team and the best in The NHL... Did Burish play in the finals? Yes. Did he help his team get there? Yes. Can he say what he wants about Pronger after he acts like an a$$ on and off the ice, absolutely.

457All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 31 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:50 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bahahahhahaha. Not real sportsmanlike, but it's as much a nobody as you can find on the Hawks, so it'll go away quick.

458All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 31 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:54 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm sure Pronger's teammates respect him, he was probably the biggest reason why they made the Final, after all.

My point is that Burish couldn't hold a candle to Chris Pronger, so the last thing he should be doing is calling him terrible. If you're in the press box for the most important game of the year then you shouldn't call anybody else terrible, sorry.

Last edited by Big Ev on Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

459All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 31 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:54 pm

He's basically the messenger for the entire Hawks team. Everyone knows Pronger is an absolute dirt bag on and especially off the ice and he called him out on it.

Seriously, after all the trash talking Pronger did it looks good on him. If he wanted the last say shouldnt have taken some dumb penalties and actually adjust to The Hawks switching things up on him.

Good for Burrish, not very bright though, I dont think he'd be punching Pronger in the parking lot, although he doesnt have a stick to fight back with out there, so he would have a shot at him.

460All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 31 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:55 pm

Big Ev wrote:I'm sure Pronger's teammates respect his ability, he was probably the biggest reason why they made the Final, after all.

Fixed. Pronger as a person and team mate, no shot.

461All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 31 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:55 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:Where in the last time the number 1 pick wasnt a super star? Toews also wasnt a number 1, he was 3.

Well you don't seem to be a huge Fleury fan. So I guess in your mind it was 2003.

462All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 31 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I respect Pronger. The most dominant of all D-men in the NHL right now. Maybe moreso than Keith. Look at how far he took his team. Such an amazing player - such an arsehole.

You can't have it both ways all the time.

463All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 31 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:58 pm

stempniaksen wrote:
N4L wrote:Where in the last time the number 1 pick wasnt a super star? Toews also wasnt a number 1, he was 3.

Well you don't seem to be a huge Fleury fan. So I guess in your mind it was 2003.

Meh, has a cup and was a big reason they won, but I agree. I would never take a goaltender with a 1st round pick, it's 50/50 and that's being generous.

464All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 31 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:59 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:I respect Pronger. The most dominant of all D-men in the NHL right now. Maybe moreso than Keith. Look at how far he took his team. Such an amazing player - such an arsehole.

You can't have it both ways all the time.

No he isnt. He's a great player but Keith was the best D man in the playoffs. He was fantastic EVERY game.

465All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 31 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:00 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yes, Keith should have won the Conn Smythe (mainly because Pronger shut down Toews for basically the entire series).

466All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 31 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:01 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Listen, I love Duncan Keith as much as the next guy but he had a fantastic team to work with. Pronger is the reason Philly made it as far as they did.

Say what you want about the guy as a person, but if I had to pick one guy to go to battle with it would be Pronger.

467All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 31 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:04 pm

stempniaksen wrote:Listen, I love Duncan Keith as much as the next guy but he had a fantastic team to work with. Pronger is the reason Philly made it as far as they did.

Say what you want about the guy as a person, but if I had to pick one guy to go to battle with it would be Pronger.

Seriously, up until the finals, what offensive powerhouse did they have to shut down? If Richards doesnt knock out Krijci Philly doesnt win that series. Pronger and The Flyers were getting owned until Boston's depth disapeared. Montreal and NJ was a perfect matchup for Philly as well.

Chicago adjusted and Pronger got owned. Yeah, he was awesome in some games, he was brutal in others.

468All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 31 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:08 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:Listen, I love Duncan Keith as much as the next guy but he had a fantastic team to work with. Pronger is the reason Philly made it as far as they did.

Seriously, up until the finals, what offensive powerhouse did they have to shut down? If Richards doesnt knock out Krijci Philly doesnt win that series. Pronger and The Flyers were getting owned until Boston's depth disapeared. Montreal and NJ was a perfect matchup for Philly as well.

Chicago adjusted and Pronger got owned. Yeah, he was awesome in some games, he was brutal in others.

If Philly had won the Cup Pronger is the runaway MVP. Even over guys like Richards and Leino, ect because the guy played over 30 mins a game against the best in the world and save one game shut them down.

Keith is great, but he had way more help when it came to guys like Seabrook, Toews, ect helping him out. It's the reason he didn't end up winning the Conn Smyth, because Chicago had more to help him out with then Pronger had in Philly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 31 of 35]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum