GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phillips, Spezza decline Worlds, Karlsson, Foligno, Regin WILL PLAY

+6
Riprock
SensHulk
SensGirl11
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Phillips has said his body needs rest ie he was playing hurt but probably doesn't require surgery.

Phillips is getting surgery on his foot.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2010/04/27/phillipssurgery/

SensGal

Rookie
Rookie

I like that Spezza said no. With a new baby let him enjoy that! And Phillips needs his rest!

Hope Karlsson and Regin get some great experience!

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

I suppose when Spezza sold his house and it sparked trade rumours they were probably thinking of a place to raise a child instead.

Congrats Spezz.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

As I understand it, Karlsson and maybe the other guys (though it's a mere formality for Regin) aren't on the teams yet but are jut at the camp. At least, that's what KRM was saying viz. Karlsson.

I think EK's got a pretty good chance, though. He produced at a 40 point clip in the NHL this year.

And a ppg in the playoffs, running the best PP this org has seen in a decade...well maybe not that long... not to mention the TOI he had during the playoffs.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Gohan wrote:And a ppg in the playoffs, running the best PP this org has seen in a decade...well maybe not that long... not to mention the TOI he had during the playoffs.

When EK got knocked out of the playoffs, Doughty was slowing down. I wonder who would have come up with the most playoff points had both LA and Ottawa gone on longer. I'm NOT saying that EK is on Doughty's level defensively, but offensively I see some real parallels.

What the Ottawa blueline is going to turn into in 3 or 4 years is scary. IMO, along with Chicago, it will be the best blueline in The NHL once again. I think it actually will look a lot like Chicago's.

Karlsson - the puck mover and offensive dynamo

Wiercoich - the all around D man who plays in all situations

Cowen - the shut down guy who gets 20 plus mins a night

Gryba - the mean SOB who doesnt give a f***

Phillips - the vet who has been there and seen that who shows these guys the ropes.

Campoli or Wideman - the 6th D man who is good at everything, great at nothing and can play a regular shift.

Ottawa's defense is going to be a force to say the very least. If they can develope some forwards into top 6 guys or make some kind of slick UFA signing or in a trade, Ottawa's laughing.

Oh ya, Lehner in the pipes behind that defense. Good luck to The East when this is the status quo in Ottawa.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:What the Ottawa blueline is going to turn into in 3 or 4 years is scary. IMO, along with Chicago, it will be the best blueline in The NHL once again.

Yeah, if everyone pans out it will be a sight to behold.

Don't forget LA, though. Doughty, JMFJ, Hickey, Teubert. Or St. Louis: EJ, Pietrangelo, Runblad, Cole etc. Or Nashville: Weber, Suter, Franson, Blum, Ellis, Josi, etc. Tampa's conceivably looking at a defender this draft, and then they'd have Hedman, Gormley (for example), Wishart, Lundin, Mihalek, Lashoff etc. Hell, if Green can learn to play defence, Washington will have a pretty impressive 1-3 along with Carlson and Alzner.

There's a ****load of great young defencemen coming into the league right now. It's awesome. Cool

SensGal

Rookie
Rookie

I am pretty excited to see this team in a few years! I am happy with what this team has become and will become in 3-5 years!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:What the Ottawa blueline is going to turn into in 3 or 4 years is scary. IMO, along with Chicago, it will be the best blueline in The NHL once again. I think it actually will look a lot like Chicago's.

Phillips - the vet who has been there and seen that who shows these guys the ropes.

Campoli or Wideman - the 6th D man who is good at everything, great at nothing and can play a regular shift.

Ottawa's defense is going to be a force to say the very least. If they can develope some forwards into top 6 guys or make some kind of slick UFA signing or in a trade, Ottawa's laughing.

Oh ya, Lehner in the pipes behind that defense. Good luck to The East when this is the status quo in Ottawa.

We just have to hope they all reach their potentials, but on paper, this is the young core to beat IMO as well.

N4L wrote:What the Ottawa blueline is going to turn into in 3 or 4 years is scary. IMO, along with Chicago, it will be the best blueline in The NHL once again. I think it actually will look a lot like Chicago's.

I think you may be understating Campoli's potential. I really like what I saw at the end of the year and playoffs. Remember he is still quite young.

Fair enough, but the role he will play with be that of a 5, 6 D man and a very valuable one at that. Does he move up the depth chart and become a legit 3, 4 guy? Maybe.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Or he gets traded as a top 4 dman for a nice return.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum