GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phillips, Spezza decline Worlds, Karlsson, Foligno, Regin WILL PLAY

+6
Riprock
SensHulk
SensGirl11
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I thought this was thread worthy.

Spezza has said he would decline a World Championships invite because his wife is expecting their first child.

Phillips has said his body needs rest ie he was playing hurt but probably doesn't require surgery.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2010/04/26/sens_worlds/

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Meantime, Mike Fisher says he has not been contacted by Team Canada's GM Mark Messier. Fisher says he is unsure of what decision he will make, but is waiting to hear from Messier.

Phillips, Spezza decline Worlds, Karlsson, Foligno, Regin WILL PLAY 270956

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Screw the stupid World Championships or whatever it is. The Loser Cup is what is should be re-named.

Everyone rest up for next season please.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Phillips definitely doesn't need to go. I wouldn't mind having Spezza go, but I think his first born is waaay more important right now.

As for Fisher, I'm assuming he'll still say no if asked, but it would be cool if he went. I don't care about the World Cup either, but it could be good for them to work on some stuff.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

if Spezza goes, and helps win the championship, we won't have to hear from N4L how he's never won anything Phillips, Spezza decline Worlds, Karlsson, Foligno, Regin WILL PLAY 159628

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Maybe they should ask Leclaire to go.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=319692

That would explain why Phillips won't be going to play for Canada - he will be having foot surgery.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Foligno will play for USA.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Regin is going for Denmark, and Karlsson has been invited to Team Sweden's camp.

That's all I really care about.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:if Spezza goes, and helps win the championship, we won't have to hear from N4L how he's never won anything Phillips, Spezza decline Worlds, Karlsson, Foligno, Regin WILL PLAY 159628

You don't know him too well, do you? Smile

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Russia will win it again with Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, and Semin on board again Phillips, Spezza decline Worlds, Karlsson, Foligno, Regin WILL PLAY 159628

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Phillips has said his body needs rest ie he was playing hurt but probably doesn't require surgery.

Phillips is getting surgery on his foot.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2010/04/27/phillipssurgery/

SensGal

Rookie
Rookie

I like that Spezza said no. With a new baby let him enjoy that! And Phillips needs his rest!

Hope Karlsson and Regin get some great experience!

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I suppose when Spezza sold his house and it sparked trade rumours they were probably thinking of a place to raise a child instead.

Congrats Spezz.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum