GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010

+28
Tuk Tuk
Devo
Hobiesens
Bramlet07
rooneypoo
TeamRenzo
stempniaksen
beerandsens
SDH89
dennycrane
SensGal
TheAvatar
LeCaptain
Hockeyhero22000
Phoenix30
Number Twenty Nine
Ev
M_Christopher
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
wprager
Riprock
Hoags
SensGirl11
PTFlea
PKC
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 31 ... 48  Next

Ottawa @ Pittsburgh - Apr 22, 2010

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 14 Vote_lcap220%PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 14 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 2 ]
PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 14 Vote_lcap210%PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 14 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 1 ]
PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 14 Vote_lcap220%PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 14 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 2 ]
PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 14 Vote_lcap230%PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 14 Vote_rcap2 30% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 10

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 48]

SDH89

Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:Leclaire being thrown in there is probably not a bad idea, might as well see what you have in the guy in a game that matters before you make a decision on a guy you thought was going to be your franchise goaltender.

Yep, no harm.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think the choice to go with Leclaire does a few things.

1 - Media are talking about him and not the crap fest the Sens put forward or the 2 goal 4 point night by Crosby. They're also not talking to Elliott about being pulled and what his confidence is like right now.

2 - It can either blow up in their face and they lose the series in 5 or it can go spectacularly well and they bring it back to SBP and maybe pull off a miracle. Either way the series is pretty much already over so why not? As the saying goes: Go big or go home! This is like going all in with a pair of 2s or betting your life savings on 21 black.

3 - It gives Leclaire some playoff experience because I doubt anyone would touch him in a trade right now anyway.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SDH89 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SDH89 wrote:Not sure why everyone is so surprised Elliott isn't in tonight. Quite frankly it doesn't matter who we put in, we still haven't found a number 1 goalie between Leclaire and Elliott. Fire away!!

But SD, Elliott went 19-6-1 with a .921 down the stretch. He's the guy that got us to the post-season.

He was great in that stretch, but to me he only went when the team was going. I'm not saying he played badly in our rough patches, but it's not like he stole games for us. Don't get me wrong, I like Brian, but I just question if he's a true #1. I'm not just saying this because he's played like crap in the playoffs, I've always had my reservations on him .....

He's just a child in relation to being an NHL starter. Rask is amazing, absolutely a stud, but that team knows how to calm a game down and play D - it is Claude Julien after all. With the Sens this year it feels like the year we got swept, they're running around, chasing the Pens around until finally they find an opening and beat Elliott with a great shot.

He's let in some stinkers, but at the same time, he's only gonna get better and better and better. This would have been yet one more step towards him learning for next year and for next playoffs, but no, we have to start Leclaire who is the worst goaltender in the playoffs period.

Diddle...sometimes I don't understand. I guess Clouston wants to see both Leclaire and Elliott, because Leclaire won't last two periods IMO. And if he does, don't anyone get excited, it's blind luck.

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 14 533719

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Like Clouston, I also took a drastic measure this morning... I took down my Sens flags on my truck. Maybe it will be like reverse cheering? No?

I'm trying anything!!!!

shabbs wrote:
N4L wrote:Leclaire being thrown in there is probably not a bad idea, might as well see what you have in the guy in a game that matters before you make a decision on a guy you thought was going to be your franchise goaltender.
Well, you never know. Leclaire may see this as his time to shine and take the ball and run with it. Who knows. We'll find out tonight.

Beers on ice.

Yup, no reason not to try it. Like it or not Elliott being in nets changed nothing for The Sens, will Leclaire? I doubt it in a big way but who knows. I have a bigger problem having Shannon in the lineup then Leclaire right now.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If the Sens can't get their collective dung together then it doesn't much matter who they put in net unless it's the Craig Anderson that won game 3 for the Avs of course. Wink

- Unknown Author

It doesnt make a difference who is in goal for Ottawa, they play like they have the last 2 games, it's going to be a blowout.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

N4L wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Well, you never know. Leclaire may see this as his time to shine and take the ball and run with it. Who knows. We'll find out tonight.

Beers on ice.

Yup, no reason not to try it. Like it or not Elliott being in nets changed nothing for The Sens, will Leclaire? I doubt it in a big way but who knows. I have a bigger problem having Shannon in the lineup then Leclaire right now.
Is Shannon in though? If Alfie dresses, I think he'll pop out.

Smile

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Shannon? I don't think so.

Regin, Alfredsson, Spezza, Fisher, Cullen, Foligno, Kelly, Ruutu, Neil, Winchester, Donovan, Z.Smith.

Where does Shannon draw in?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:I gotta feeling...
That tonight's gonna be a good night...
That tonight's gonna be a good night...
That tonight's gonna be a good, good night...

RUU-TU.... Laugh1

SpezDispenser wrote:Shannon? I don't think so.

Regin, Alfredsson, Spezza, Fisher, Cullen, Foligno, Kelly, Ruutu, Neil, Winchester, Donovan, Z.Smith.

Where does Shannon draw in?

I ment in game 2 and 3.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:It doesnt make a difference who is in goal for Ottawa, they play like they have the last 2 games, it's going to be a blowout.

Did they really play that badly last game? I counted three goals that were a result of poor goaltending: Crosby's shot from the half boards, Elliott playing the puck behind the net on to the stick of the Penguins player and Leclaire bobbling the puck before Staal put them puck home on the rebound.

Again, I submit that the goaltending this series for Ottawa has been grossly inadequate. There have been at least 6 goals now that should have been saves or shouldn't have materialized in the first place.

Elliott won his first game, he was good enough. Game 2 he almost stole it, game 3, not his best game, game 4, he kept The Sens in it as long as he possibly could and it took Spezza sending Crosby in on a breakaway to break Elliott. Elliott was broken in game 4, that was clear.

All in all, I dont think Elliott has been a problem but he defently isnt the solution, Im not sure if there is one.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Elliott won his first game, he was good enough. Game 2 he almost stole it, game 3, not his best game, game 4, he kept The Sens in it as long as he possibly could and it took Spezza sending Crosby in on a breakaway to break Elliott. Elliott was broken in game 4, that was clear.

All in all, I dont think Elliott has been a problem but he defently isnt the solution, Im not sure if there is one.

Perhaps that right there is your answer to why Leclaire is in the net tonight? If Clouston agrees with you then the game would be lost before Elliott stepped onto the ice.

- Unknown Author

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

But being protected by sitting on the bench isn't a great way to learn to battle through these types of situations. It's a move that gives Ottawa a longshot at winning and Elliott a longshot at hindering his development. Elliott seems collected enough to not let it get to him though. As for Leclaire, the one thing I've thought about him all season is that he can't handle pressure. Now we'll find out for sure.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

to be honest i'm very happy about this. maybe CC read my post last night? Sarcasm
leclaire is the gamble. at this point we have to take a gamble. we've put our faith in elliot in all the . game. he faired well in his second, then it went downhill. leclaire has much better skills. i say it's our best chance to win this one from the goaltending point of view.
GO SEN GO!

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

I feel like Karlsson, Regin and Alfie will come out and play hard tonight.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Goals for Cullen and Karlsson tonight. Sens lose 4-2.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 48]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 31 ... 48  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum