GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ron Wilson wearing thin on Kaberle - expect a move this summer

+4
Ev
wprager
Riprock
PTFlea
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

I think hatred for Leafs/Burke is getting in the way here. First, Kaberle didn't have a horrible season last year, unless 45 points (25 on the PP) is horrible. Second, they would absolutely love to have him back. And at his price tag, he's a great bargain for any team. The problem a lot of teams have is being able to re-sign him knowing full well he is underpaid. He's going to get $5M+ next year. If they still want to trade him, they can. It just will be harder with Kaberle having the final say. And if they can wait it out till March and have him agree to a deal, they can get more than they would have been able to now.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:Burke really overestimated what he could get for Kaberle. His attempt at starting a bidding war through the media seems to have failed as well.

Now they're stuck.
Meh.. not really. I believe it's only a Limited NTC that has kicked in now. There will probably be a better deal at the next deadline... Burke wasn't going to give him away for nothing.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

I'm not so sure they'd want him back all the talking of shopping Kaberle around since the draft combined with the supposed Ron Wilson friction.

They got an overpaid blue line and are still shallow in the top-6 and now Kaberle will have an NTC come trade deadline which will complicate things.

I think Burke wanted way more than other teams were willing to give (ie. Bobby Ryan).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Agreed. He can still move him anytime he wants, but his choices are more limited. The advantage is clearly with the buyer now, so I think he has no choice but to wait until March when there will be more demand (mode destinations with the reduced cap hit).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

You can always count on DGB to provide his unique/twisted take on things:

Behind the scenes on Kaberle deadline day

Here's a little to whet your appetite:
7:32 a.m. - Burke makes a point of once again complimenting John Ferguson Jr. for having the foresight to negotiate a trade window into Kaberle's contract, before politely informing him that he'd still prefer not to have his windshield squeegeed that day.

7:49 a.m. - Burke stops at a Tim Hortons drive-through and asks for the largest box of Timbits they have, since he wants to make sure each of his assistant GMs gets one.

9:05 a.m. - Attempted talks with New Jersey go nowhere when Devils' GM Lou Lamoriello responds to every proposal with a sarcastic "Gee, I'm not sure, let me go ask Gary Bettman if I'm allowed to do that".

10:21 a.m. - The scouting department for the San Jose Sharks calls to thank the Leafs for sending over that footage of Kaberle in action during the postseason, but wonders if they also happen to have any that's in color.

The man's on *fire*! Follow link above to read the rest.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Kaberle's dad speaks out against Wilson:

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Toronto/2010/08/19/15081591.html

Facepalm

Is this like Heatley's parents' neighbour speaking out in support of Heatbag?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Kaberle's dad speaks out against Wilson:

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Toronto/2010/08/19/15081591.html

Facepalm

Is this like Heatley's parents' neighbour speaking out in support of Heatbag?

Holy cow, why would he say those things after Kaberle was NOT moved. These people need to know when to shut up IMO. Crazy Eyes

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

HolyCow!

Facepalm This is so frustrating... the lack of hockey and anything major happening, and these minor stories start to take over.

Burke had a chance to trade Kaberle anywhere he could, and he failed to because he didn't get what he wanted. Now, Kaberle allegedly wants out and now it will be harder to do so as he will have to approve a deal. And Burke's still not going to get what he wants, and will have to choose between an unhappy player, getting whatever he can from whatever team Kaberle approves of, or letting Kaberle walk as a UFA, which he will.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This is all unfolding as Brian Jurke predicted. He's a Genius, after all.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote: HolyCow!

Facepalm This is so frustrating... the lack of hockey and anything major happening, and these minor stories start to take over.

Burke had a chance to trade Kaberle anywhere he could, and he failed to because he didn't get what he wanted. Now, Kaberle allegedly wants out and now it will be harder to do so as he will have to approve a deal. And Burke's still not going to get what he wants, and will have to choose between an unhappy player, getting whatever he can from whatever team Kaberle approves of, or letting Kaberle walk as a UFA, which he will.
they'll trade him for less then they could have...that's probably a good thing for us Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum