GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Emery suffering from avascular necrosis

+5
PTFlea
Riprock
TheAvatar
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

46Emery suffering from avascular necrosis - Page 4 Empty Re: Emery suffering from avascular necrosis Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:42 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Personally I think the situation was mishandled by the coaching staff and GM from start to finish. Clearly, Emery is responsible for his actions, as is the GM, for handing him that contract and either not anticipating issues, or not following up when they arose. There was ample evidence for a long period of time. Maybe Paddock tried to cover it up (he certainly did for the media; not sure about Murray). Whatever the case, if he was handled better it would have never gone as far. And I still think that, after everything had come to a head, waiving him was not the best solution. Like I said, he was still salvageable (as evidenced by his year in the KHL and at least his start with the Flyers). He could have worked his way back to respectability with the Sens, then traded toward the end of his second year on that contract.

47Emery suffering from avascular necrosis - Page 4 Empty Re: Emery suffering from avascular necrosis Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:57 pm

Emery off the ice was/is/will be a mess. I dont think you appriciate just how bad things were with him and McGratton. Not to mention the fact there are certain guys in Ottawa that dont like Emery for reasons other then hockey. Put it this way, he wasnt coming back to The East end of Ottawa any time soon after being bought out.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Personally I think the situation was mishandled by the coaching staff and GM from start to finish. Clearly, Emery is responsible for his actions, as is the GM, for handing him that contract and either not anticipating issues, or not following up when they arose. There was ample evidence for a long period of time. Maybe Paddock tried to cover it up (he certainly did for the media; not sure about Murray). Whatever the case, if he was handled better it would have never gone as far. And I still think that, after everything had come to a head, waiving him was not the best solution. Like I said, he was still salvageable (as evidenced by his year in the KHL and at least his start with the Flyers). He could have worked his way back to respectability with the Sens, then traded toward the end of his second year on that contract.

As always, an excellent point. I have no idea what the heck Murray was doing. If I was the GM, Emery would have been on the first bus down to Bingo. Don't want to rehab your wrist, huh? Then off you go, enjoy life in the minors. Maybe I'll buy you out in the summer (which happened anyway), but until you start posting ridiculous numbers in the AHL your days as a goalie in Ottawa are OVER.

Elliott, good news, you're coming up as back up to Gerbage. Come on up now, congratulations, I don't need to tell you to work hard because you always have, but here's your chance to get some NHL action - granted, sooner than we would have liked, but it's over to you now.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Get well soon Rayzer! Can't wait to see you back in the crease!

I don't know how you get a minus for saying that. That's ridiculous. Apparently you can't wish someone well just because of their history with a team.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I guess that some people just can't put the past behind them...I have nothing against Ray Emery, it was tought to see hime get hurt like this after starting the season as well as he did. The guy isn't a saint but he still doesn't deserve to have a potentially career-ending Bo Jackson like injury.

No one said he deserved it but no one should feel sorry for the guy either. Wishing him well, meh, w/e, I dont care if he ever plays again one way or another, the guy only has himself to blame if he gets into finacial trouble.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:

I don't know how you get a minus for saying that. That's ridiculous. Apparently you can't wish someone well just because of their history with a team.

Just + him if you think a - rating is wrong. I + people all the time when they get negatives, it's ridiculous, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Is there a reason why I can't + or - anybody? do you have to be a certain rank or something, because I don't even have the option to do it.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:I guess that some people just can't put the past behind them...I have nothing against Ray Emery, it was tought to see hime get hurt like this after starting the season as well as he did. The guy isn't a saint but he still doesn't deserve to have a potentially career-ending Bo Jackson like injury.

He doesn't deserve it, that's definitely NOT what I'm saying, that's for sure. But if you want me to feel badly that it's happening to him? I can't. It just happens that Ray Emery has a potentially career ending injury and because of my disdain for the son of a ****, I don't feel badly.

Now had that been Toews, I would feel very badly for him because I like him as a player and a character.

If Ray can come back, good for him, but his work ethic cost us a lot of money and caused a lot of problems, so if he's relying on that to come back - I would say that he should consider going into another line of work.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:Is there a reason why I can't + or - anybody? do you have to be a certain rank or something, because I don't even have the option to do it.

You should be able to, maybe you have to reach a certain # of posts before you can. That's conceivable actually, makes sense.

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

I was annoyed with the way Emery handled himself, but I got over it. I was hoping he'd be able to get his career resurrected, which seems doubtful now. How badly can we hate a guy that led us to our only SCF appearance?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Dash wrote:

Just + him if you think a - rating is wrong. I + people all the time when they get negatives, it's ridiculous, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

I already did. How did you get a + for posting that though? Laugh1 Someone has a mad crush on you Sarcasm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Dash wrote:

I already did. How did you get a + for posting that though? Laugh1 Someone has a mad crush on you Sarcasm

What's the point of the +,- if were just gonna + who ever has a -... With that being said, I gave him a + to haha!

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Well, I gave him a + because his post was not deserving of a -. Some people deserve a -.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

coughcloverleafcough

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:coughcloverleafcough

Im pretty sure that's who everyone will think of when they read this lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum