GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Cap'n is adding to his "Clutch"

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's been a while since I've done a blog but this is definitely blog worthy if there is such a thing. I've been itching to tell people for quite some time now and since the IPS screening has come up with no problems I feel confident spreading the word. My wife is 19 weeks pregnant and is due on August 9th. No we don't know what it is and the plan is to not find out until it's born. Our daughter is now just under 18 months old and will be just under 23 months when our second child is due. Bring on the chaos! Ahhhhh!

Now you all know why I'm moving to a bigger home just minutes away from SBP. Yes we are hanging onto our season seats which should be crazy with a 2 year old and a 2 month old to take care of once 2010/11 begins. Our daughter has been such a little angel and is the main reason we're having another one. Despite my wife barfing every morning, including the day she gave birth to our daughter, she wanted to go for it again. Yes she is barfing every day with this one as well. My wife has already told me that if we have another baby we're going to need to wait a while so she can have a break from all the barfing. Can't say I blame her. I'd be curled up in a little ball begging for it to stop if it were me barfing daily Ahhhhh! .

We have a beautiful 7 plus acre plot of land with two ponds and an in-ground pool for our little ones to grow up on. The house is a split level 4 bedroom home with a 3 car garage built in '76. It needs a lot of updating but, it will be fabulous once we're done putting the upgrades into it.

I gotta say I'm not looking forward to the 2 to 3 hour overnight nap schedule for the first several weeks while the baby needs it's regular feedings in August and September. I really look forward to the day they're both old enough to play together and entertain one another.

And finally just so you all know I'll probably be around almost never during the months of August and September.

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

- Unknown Author
Share this post on: reddit

Michael Fisher Portnoy II

Post Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:40 pm by Michael Fisher Portnoy II

Congrats dude. That's awesome. For little Sens fans to pass your tickets down to....

Cap'n Clutch

Post Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:42 pm by Cap'n Clutch

Definitely. My daughter is such a little Sens fan. My cousin in Ajax bought her a Leafs jersey so out of respect for him I put it on her for one period of a Leafs vs. Sens game last season. She cried when I put it on her. The Leafs only scored in the one period she wore the jersey. The Sens won that game BTW.

Riprock

Post Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:11 pm by Riprock

Congratulations Clutch. You're 2/3 from a full forward line, or you've already got a defensive pairing Wink

Hope you're enjoying the new property and have some good weather to work and relax in.

wprager

Post Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:50 pm by wprager

Congrats, Cap'n. With all that barfing, sounds like you'll have two girls Smile

SDH89

Post Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:27 pm by SDH89

That's great, congrats!!

PTFlea

Post Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:37 pm by PTFlea

I think I congratulated you in a PM, but again...

congratulations! HappyDance1 DancingBanana Ole! Ahhhhh!

Cap'n Clutch

Post Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:39 am by Cap'n Clutch

wprager wrote:Congrats, Cap'n. With all that barfing, sounds like you'll have two girls Smile

I'm a little worried about that. What if she wants another and another and they're both girls as well? Ahhhhh!

Hobiesens

Post Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:24 am by Hobiesens

Congrats Clutch, having 2 little ones myself I know how much they bring into your life, enjoy every moment. I have a boy & a baby girl and both have their Sens jerseys hanging in their rooms proudly. My son sometimes wears his to daycare, not a great idea down here in Leaf nation, but he can handle his own. Obviously he didn't want to wear it today!

Cap'n Clutch

Post Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:43 am by Cap'n Clutch

We're definitely taking on a lot by adding another baby to the family but I think with our daughter being almost 2 by then it should be reasonable. Of course I won't be the one home all day with them both for a year. I can see it now. I will get home, take off my shoes and I will be in charge of both of them until bed time. I really hope this one sleeps as well as our daughter though.

Once my wife goes back to work is when things get interesting because my mom and dad (2 days a week) and my mother in-law (2 to 3 days a week) will take over caring for them during the day. It will be a 1 year old and an almost 3 year old to run after.

The big question mark is my mother in-law. She lives in Blackburn hamlet and refuses to stay overnight before taking care of our daughter. Right now is not a big deal obviously because we're staying with her until we take the new house. The problem is when we move to Carp road and she needs to wake up at 5am to drive out to our place before we leave for work. The reason she doesn't stay overnight you ask? She is afraid that her stray cats will starve because if she leaves food out overnight the raccoons will eat it all. Why not feed them in the afternoon? No idea. It's quite mind boggling and will likely lead to us lining up daycare for the days we expected her to take. It may work out better that way because I don't think she's enjoying her time with her as much as we'd hoped.

SensHulk

Post Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:47 am by SensHulk

Congrats Cap'n!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum