GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Feb 6, 2010

+28
TheAvatar
caissie_1
beerandsens
Cronie
garblar
Hockeyhero22000
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
TeamRenzo
Number Twenty Nine
KidKarlsson
PTFlea
asq2
wprager
pegsensfan
BagelSupreme
The Silfer Server
LethalLehner
Hoags
beedub
LeCaptain
Riprock
Devo
rooneypoo
SensHulk
PKC
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 24  Next

Ottawa @ Toronto - Feb 6, 2010

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Feb 6, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Feb 6, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Feb 6, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap212%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Feb 6, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 12% [ 2 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Feb 6, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap241%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Feb 6, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 41% [ 7 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Feb 6, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap26%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Feb 6, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 6% [ 1 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Feb 6, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap26%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Feb 6, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 6% [ 1 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Feb 6, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap212%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Feb 6, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 12% [ 2 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Feb 6, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap223%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Feb 6, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 23% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 17

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 24]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:Got two cocky Leaf fans sitting near me full of Hubris

I wonder if they dipped pita bread in it or if they just used it as a vegetable dip?

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

I may have missed something here, but how come Shabbs doesn't do the GDT anymore?

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Leafs play hard from the get go so I think the Sens will be very awake early too, which is good.
I cannot believe we're gonna lose with their current forward line up, and the way ours have been playing consistently good from 1st to 4th line.

What's good is, when the Leafs score an early goal there's more probability for them to lose the game, and when we score first we have one of the best record in the league, so it's a win win GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Feb 6, 2010 - Page 2 54934

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:I may have missed something here, but how come Shabbs doesn't do the GDT anymore?

shabbs informed us that he's taking a hiatus from the site. He didn't say for how long and I didn't ask. I figured if he wanted us to know he would have said something.

- Unknown Author

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Michallica wrote:I may have missed something here, but how come Shabbs doesn't do the GDT anymore?

shabbs informed us that he's taking a hiatus from the site. He didn't say for how long and I didn't ask. I figured if he wanted us to know he would have said something.

Weird, I see him posting on the HB forums though. Thanks for the info.

On forth we go....

P.S. Great job on the GDT!

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I pegged this one as a Leafs victory, though not by much.

I think the two keys will be a) playing a lesser team might be bring out a touch of lethargy and laziness. As was pointed out earlier, no one can fault the Leaf's work ethic. b) JS Giguere, a huge step up over Toskala and Gustafsson. He's a real goaltender, with real pedigree.

I call TO winning by a goal.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Updated first post. Karlsson not expected back until after the Olympic break, as reported in the Karlsson thread via Sens Twitter and the Ottawa Sun.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

beedub wrote:I pegged this one as a Leafs victory, though not by much.

I think the two keys will be a) playing a lesser team might be bring out a touch of lethargy and laziness. As was pointed out earlier, no one can fault the Leaf's work ethic. b) JS Giguere, a huge step up over Toskala and Gustafsson. He's a real goaltender, with real pedigree.

Fixed.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

a) I doubt it now that Karlsson is a definite no go. They know they'll need to work even harder with him out. It's the BoO and that brings out the best in both teams. It should be a close game. The streak is going to end so predicting losses from here on out is an easy way to look smart once it happens.

b) Elliott's play over the last nine games is light years ahead of the way Giggy has played this season.

c) Who's going to score for the Leafs? Henrik freakin' Sedin and Burrows couldn't do it last night.

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

How important is the streak to Clouston? Does anyone think he considers putting Leclaire in to ease him back into the lineup?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:How important is the streak to Clouston? Does anyone think he considers putting Leclaire in to ease him back into the lineup?

I don't think he eases Leclaire back in until after the Olympics if the streak is still alive. I think it was stupid that they didn't send Leclaire down on a 2 week conditioning stint personally. Either stupid or there's some rule that I'm not aware of that wouldn't allow this to happen.

- Unknown Author

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:How important is the streak to Clouston? Does anyone think he considers putting Leclaire in to ease him back into the lineup?

I don't think CC cares too much about the streak but as long as Elliott is hot we should play him until fatigue sets in, he'll have the break to rest up.

Leclaire just came back I think he should get more practices in. Coming back from a concussion I wonder what state he's in. Players are rarely quite the same after a concussion for a while.

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

I know that Karlsson is an important piece to this team but they were able to pull through while some of the other important players were out. The thing that has impressed me the most during this streak is how the players have been able to handle the adversity. This has not been true in the past. The fact is the players have bought in to what Clouston is selling. It just means tonight that they have to work a little harder. Are they ready for the challenge? Definitely (in my books!!) GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Feb 6, 2010 - Page 2 95132

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

I was thinking that myself. Not to ease Leclaire in, but rather rest Elliott. Elliott has had an incredible 10 game run, but if we take him out when he loses, then I'd be afraid of sending a message of, "Well thanks, but we're going back to Leclaire." Elliott has earned the starting role, and if we allow Leclaire the start here, and he loses, we go back to Elliott cause he's the hot hand. If Leclaire starts and wins, well he beat a team that is 2nd last in the conference, big woop, go back to Elliott cause he's earned the right to be called our number 1.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm hoping Clouston is looking at it as though Elliott is the number 1 until proven otherwise because it's the right thing to do.

- Unknown Author

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

a) I doubt it now that Karlsson is a definite no go. They know they'll need to work even harder with him out. It's the BoO and that brings out the best in both teams. It should be a close game. The streak is going to end so predicting losses from here on out is an easy way to look smart once it happens.

b) Elliott's play over the last nine games is light years ahead of the way Giggy has played this season.

c) Who's going to score for the Leafs? Henrik freakin' Sedin and Burrows couldn't do it last night.

I didn't pick TO to look smart. I picked TO as they have a legitimate chance of winning.

Since when did Karlsson become the dominant force on the blue line. He's good, sure, improving in leaps and bounds with each passing game, and a future star, absolutely, but he is yet to become a game-breaker.

When Elliot streaks, he's great! I had this argument with someone last year, when Auld when on a streak. I said it wouldn't last then, either.

Don't forget, Elliot is the same guy people were comparing to the turd in the bowl when they were losing.

Giguere may not be the flashiest goalie around, but he's consistently good when he plays a lot. Oh, yup, almost forgot, has won more cups than Elliot and Leclaire combined

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lets put it this way. Should the Leafs win it won't have anything to do with them being a better team, being better than their record or Giggy being "money". It will be just one of those things where a streak has to end.

And as far as the Cup comment is concerned - Andre Roy also has more cups. Should we pick him up?

- Unknown Author

beedub wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

I didn't pick TO to look smart. I picked TO as they have a legitimate chance of winning.

Since when did Karlsson become the dominant force on the blue line. He's good, sure, improving in leaps and bounds with each passing game, and a future star, absolutely, but he is yet to become a game-breaker.

When Elliot streaks, he's great! I had this argument with someone last year, when Auld when on a streak. I said it wouldn't last then, either.

Don't forget, Elliot is the same guy people were comparing to the turd in the bowl when they were losing.

Giguere may not be the flashiest goalie around, but he's consistently good when he plays a lot. Oh, yup, almost forgot, has won more cups than Elliot and Leclaire combined

Ill argue that point in a heart beat. The two previous games to last night he set up Fisher for the OT winner and set up Alfi for the game winner. I would say he is absolutely a game breaker right now and last night until he was injured was EASILY the best player on the ice with Spezza, Alfi, both Sedins, Kessler, Fisher, and Kovy. Karlsson might not be a star right now but he is absolutely a game breaker and on the verge of being a star.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum