GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread

+16
benIII24III
wprager
Urkie
Hoags
The Silfer Server
Riprock
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
Bramlet07
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
asq2
PKC
shabbs
LeCaptain
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

31The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:49 am

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

I appreciate Peter Regin.

32The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:22 pm

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

Interesting statistic. Jason Spezza and Peter Regin are tied in points, each with 19. But Peter Regin has more goals. Regin has had worse linemates as well. Regin also has more takeaways, blocked shots, and nearly 4 times as many hits than Spezza has.

But this is an unfair comparison one might say. Regin has played in 16 more games than Spezza has. Ah yes, this is true; however, Spezza has spent just over 8 more minutes on the ice than Regin has.

Interesting.

33The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:43 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Bass Destruction wrote:Interesting statistic. Jason Spezza and Peter Regin are tied in points, each with 19. But Peter Regin has more goals. Regin has had worse linemates as well. Regin also has more takeaways, blocked shots, and nearly 4 times as many hits than Spezza has.

But this is an unfair comparison one might say. Regin has played in 16 more games than Spezza has. Ah yes, this is true; however, Spezza has spent just over 8 more minutes on the ice than Regin has.

Interesting.

I think the odds of Regin and Fisher continuing to play as well as they are, are just as good, if not better, than Spezza becoming the player he's "supposed" to have become sometime in the last five years.

34The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:50 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Definitely interesting when you're 3rd line centre is tied for your "franchise" centre in points.

35The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:57 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:Interesting statistic. Jason Spezza and Peter Regin are tied in points, each with 19. But Peter Regin has more goals. Regin has had worse linemates as well. Regin also has more takeaways, blocked shots, and nearly 4 times as many hits than Spezza has.

Interesting.

I think the odds of Regin and Fisher continuing to play as well as they are, are just as good, if not better, than Spezza becoming the player he's "supposed" to have become sometime in the last five years.

As much as some of us wanting him gone, It is nearly impossible.
Nobody's taking him without the same salary going our way.

36The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:41 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

BTW, who has an account on HFBoards in here? Can you guys tell the posters to calm the Diddle down, talks are already about Regin being the 1st line center. The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread - Page 3 270956

37The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:45 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I'm not ready to label Regin as our star centre just yet, it's not so long ago he was a healthy scratch or a 4th line. I think he'll do fine but he still has a ways to go.

Same with Foligno and Shannon.

38The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:BTW, who has an account on HFBoards in here? Can you guys tell the posters to calm the Diddle down, talks are already about Regin being the 1st line center. The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread - Page 3 270956

There's a history of them going overboard, I tend to go there WAY less now that we have this place. The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread - Page 3 821277

39The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:36 pm

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:
marakh wrote:BTW, who has an account on HFBoards in here? Can you guys tell the posters to calm the Diddle down, talks are already about Regin being the 1st line center. The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread - Page 3 270956

There's a history of them going overboard, I tend to go there WAY less now that we have this place. The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread - Page 3 821277

Well, just a week ago they were saying Mike Brodeur was the future in goal for us. The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread - Page 3 270956

That's how fickle they are over there.

40The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:38 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michalek-Spezza-Alfredsson
Shannon-Regin-Kovalev
Foligno-Fisher-Neil
Ruutu-Kelly-Cheechoo

Looks about right to me. Except for the glaring hole on the left of the 2nd line...

I wonder if our success without Spezza has Bryan Murray thinking a little?

41The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:24 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Shannon's been playing really well, but, yeah, one day the bottom will drop out.

On the other hand, for a few years, there I was waiting for the bottom to drop out on St. Louis.

42The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:26 pm

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

Gotta give Regin props for scoring NHL.com's goal of the week for the wraparound goal against Chicago.

43The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Shannon's been playing really well, but, yeah, one day the bottom will drop out.

On the other hand, for a few years, there I was waiting for the bottom to drop out on St. Louis.

The bottom will drop out in terms of him being clobbered or in terms of him not being effective?

44The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bramlet07 wrote:Gotta give Regin props for scoring NHL.com's goal of the week for the wraparound goal against Chicago.

Nice, I like that that was goal of the week. Lalalala

45The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:34 pm

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
Bramlet07 wrote:Gotta give Regin props for scoring NHL.com's goal of the week for the wraparound goal against Chicago.

Nice, I like that that was goal of the week. Lalalala

Same game produced the save of the week with Elliot robbing Hossa.

46The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bramlet07 wrote:

Oh yeah, that's one of the 10 saves of the year IMO (thus far).

47The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:26 pm

benIII24III

benIII24III
Prospect
Prospect

SpezDispenser wrote:
Bramlet07 wrote:

Oh yeah, that's one of the 10 saves of the year IMO (thus far).

Of course just before that was another one of Elliot's... dare I say it... Lalime like give away while playing the puck, which a lot of people seem to be dismissing. It would have been a very different game if they had scored, especially when Elliot admitted it was blind luck.

But this thread is for Regin, a player who rightly deserved the NHL.com goal of the week with his beauty wrap around. He is my favourite breakout forward this year by far.

48The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Peter Regin Appreciation Thread Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:40 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I don't remember it quite well, but was it Elliott's giveaway or just a weird bounce?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum