GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens send 7 down

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Sens send 7 down Empty Sens send 7 down Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:01 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2008/09/24/6863761.html

The Sens have sent down 7 of the young lads today. Gerber decides to wear the mask!!

Gone are: (G) Jeff Glass
(Fs) Mattias Karlsson
Dany Bois
Josh Hennessy - A little surprised
Alexander Nikulin
Ryan Shannon - A little surprised
and Ilya Zubov.

2Sens send 7 down Empty Re: Sens send 7 down Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:03 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hennessy? Really?
That's a little surprising, I agree. Although, extra Bingo time could only help, I suppose.

3Sens send 7 down Empty Re: Sens send 7 down Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:10 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't know what Hennessy was supposed to do to stay up here? Use his 5 minutes of ice time to score a hat trick? Weird.

Shannon can go (he has to pass through waivers though, so I doubt he'll be a Sen). Zubov and Nikulin have a lot of work to do in Bingo. Glass too.

4Sens send 7 down Empty Re: Sens send 7 down Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Gerber wearing the mask. Wow, super cool.

5Sens send 7 down Empty Re: Sens send 7 down Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:18 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:I don't know what Hennessy was supposed to do to stay up here? Use his 5 minutes of ice time to score a hat trick? Weird.

Shannon can go (he has to pass through waivers though, so I doubt he'll be a Sen). Zubov and Nikulin have a lot of work to do in Bingo. Glass too.
Are you sure Shannon has to pass through waivers.

Hennessey is a solid call up guy for injuries, but he never really had a chance.

I would think Nikulin is booking his ticket to Russia soon. He didn't even play a game!!!

6Sens send 7 down Empty Re: Sens send 7 down Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:22 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:
504Heater wrote:I don't know what Hennessy was supposed to do to stay up here? Use his 5 minutes of ice time to score a hat trick? Weird.

Are you sure Shannon has to pass through waivers.

Hennessey is a solid call up guy for injuries, but he never really had a chance.

I would think Nikulin is booking his ticket to Russia soon. He didn't even play a game!!!

If that's what he wants...

I think so, unless the NHL makes an exemption for us, we have to set our rosters early and guys on 2-ways have to clear waivers.*

*Not 100% sure on that one.

7Sens send 7 down Empty Re: Sens send 7 down Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:27 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

[quote="504Heater"]

I'll agree with you about Shannon for sure, he didn't really fit here and didn't do much to impress.

off topic: Do you guys prefer this avatar or my old one??

Either one, this one is nice though.

8Sens send 7 down Empty Re: Sens send 7 down Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:28 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

SensGirl11 wrote:

I'll agree with you about Shannon for sure, he didn't really fit here and didn't do much to impress.

off topic: Do you guys prefer this avatar or my old one??
Although I agree he isn't a starter today, he does have some skill. I guess yo uhaven't seen his highlights eh? I certainly hope we get to keep heim as he will help down in Bingo big time.

9Sens send 7 down Empty Re: Sens send 7 down Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:06 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

FYI, Matthias Karlsson is a defenceman, if that (F's) refers to those 6/7 as forwards.

10Sens send 7 down Empty Re: Sens send 7 down Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:28 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

DashRiprock wrote:FYI, Matthias Karlsson is a defenceman, if that (F's) refers to those 6/7 as forwards.

He is a defenseman, that was my bad posting skills.

Smile

11Sens send 7 down Empty Re: Sens send 7 down Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:30 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Honest mistake, it happens. Thought you were re-posting what the article said.

Karlsson played well from what I heard, too bad they are sending him down.

12Sens send 7 down Empty Re: Sens send 7 down Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:32 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

DashRiprock wrote:Honest mistake, it happens. Thought you were re-posting what the article said.

Karlsson played well from what I heard, too bad they are sending him down.

I don't know, I don't remember seeing him at all to be honest. He'll be playing with the big boys soon enough though.

I'm really worried about our D now...what are we going to do? Is Phillips going to take over the 1st PP QB position? Who's our puck mover? I'm very scared.

Come on Bell, show us what you can do!!

Is he playing tonight?

13Sens send 7 down Empty Re: Sens send 7 down Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:34 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Cronenbergfan wrote:Hennessy? Really?
That's a little surprising, I agree. Although, extra Bingo time could only help, I suppose.

I don't really understand why they sent him down to be honest...hasn't he played enough Bingo time to know he's good enough down there? Now he has to prove it here, and I feel that he was on the right track on Saturday, to proving that. He should be playing tonight, imo. But, I guess they know what they're doing...

14Sens send 7 down Empty Re: Sens send 7 down Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:35 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
I don't know, I don't remember seeing him at all to be honest. He'll be playing with the big boys soon enough though.

I'm really worried about our D now...what are we going to do? Is Phillips going to take over the 1st PP QB position? Who's our puck mover? I'm very scared.

Come on Bell, show us what you can do!!

Is he playing tonight?

Karlsson's chances of ever making the Sens are going down faster than Nortel right now.

Picard, Schubert and Kuba (with a little Phillips) will have to do it.

Our PP QB is Alfie though, whether he does it from the side boards or the backend.

15Sens send 7 down Empty Re: Sens send 7 down Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
I don't really understand why they sent him down to be honest...hasn't he played enough Bingo time to know he's good enough down there? Now he has to prove it here, and I feel that he was on the right track on Saturday, to proving that. He should be playing tonight, imo. But, I guess they know what they're doing...

He better get 80 points bare minimum in Bingo this year, or his career is all but over.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum