GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

KHL teams set world record with 840 PIMs

+2
M_Christopher
PTFlea
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1KHL teams set world record with 840 PIMs Empty KHL teams set world record with 840 PIMs Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:07 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.russianhockeyfans.com/khl/avangard-and-vityaz-get-840-pims-set-new-world-record-103.html

The participants of the Saturday's bench-clearing brawl in the KHL, Jaromir Jagr's Avangard Omsk and Vityaz Chekhov, set a new world hockey record getting 840 PIMs. The KHL disciplinary committee met on Sunday to spend 7 hours studying the incident.

As a result, the total number of PIMs was increased from 691 to 840 minutes. Six Vityaz and one Avangard player were suspended for one game. Both teams got fined for the total of $133,000. Vityaz was warned that in case of a similar situation happening in future the team will get excluded from the KHL.

Teams were awarded with enormous 840 PIMs. Vityaz got 421 minutes, Avangard -- 419. The teams surpassed the record set by NHL's Ottawa Senators and Philadelphia Flyers in 2004, when teams together earned 419 PIMs. It should be noticed that Vityaz beat this record just by themselves having 2 more PIMs than Senators and Flyers combined

Check out from 7 minutes on for some crazy Dung.

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

best part is the goalies standing around talking to each other KHL teams set world record with 840 PIMs 62136, not to mention this was all in the first period KHL teams set world record with 840 PIMs 62136 KHL teams set world record with 840 PIMs 62136

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

After the fight they said there were 4 guys left from one team, and 6 from the other. They had to call the game.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I can't remember the time, it's something like 3:35-3:45, there's a little dude from the white team going bananas on a guy, rabbit-punching him in the stomach like there's no tomorrow. It was adorable.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's 3:15 that the rabbit-punching occurs. And at 3:30 some guy's glove goes flying.

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Wow, that was epic.

Looks like Jagr is growin' his hockey flow again -- nice to see.

You guys see Jagr coming back for one more season in the NHL?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SDH89 wrote:Wow, that was epic.

Not this year IMO. If he comes back, I think he has to clear waivers after a team signs him - and don't let him fool you, he does NOT want to be an Edmonton Oiler.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

Not this year IMO. If he comes back, I think he has to clear waivers after a team signs him - and don't let him fool you, he does NOT want to be an Edmonton Oiler.

Murray owes it to himself to get on the horn and find out if he wants to play for this team. Any way we can add talent without giving anything other than money up is a good option for us.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Murray owes it to himself to get on the horn and find out if he wants to play for this team. Any way we can add talent without giving anything other than money up is a good option for us.

This summer? I don't know if we can handle the vortex of having Kovalev and Jagr on the same team. Vertigo

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Oh man... Kovy and Jagr... on the same team... wow... frustration at the highest level.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

We can't afford more salary.

I wonder if Cherry will talk about this next Coach's Corner?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:We can't afford more salary.

Not 'Canadian' enough.

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

I've always loved Jagr, I'd make a call.

Then we'd have three 38 year old wingers KHL teams set world record with 840 PIMs 432129

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:We can't afford more salary.

Not 'Canadian' enough.

PIMs are as Canadian as Tim's, how's that for clever. Besides, there are quite a few good ol' Canucks playing and coaching down there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum