GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

ANOTHER New page loads record

+6
Devo
PTFlea
TheAvatar
PKC
SensFan71
Cap'n Clutch
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1ANOTHER New page loads record Empty ANOTHER New page loads record Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:07 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hey all,

Thanks, in part to Dash's interview with Lehner and SpezD's promotion of it, we now have a new 1 day page load record. The old record was set on December 14th, 2009 at 3,125 page loads. The new record, set yesterday, was 3,220. We have only cracked 3,000 those two times since I've been keeping track.

Cheers to everyone who's been visiting!

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total

- Unknown Author

2ANOTHER New page loads record Empty Re: ANOTHER New page loads record Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:21 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

only to be shattered come trade deadline day, always a huge day around here, bring on March 3rd (if that is the date)

3ANOTHER New page loads record Empty Re: ANOTHER New page loads record Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:50 am

The only issue with this years deadline is the premature e-trade-ulation caused by the Olympics...

4ANOTHER New page loads record Empty Re: ANOTHER New page loads record Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:48 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

MurderOnIce wrote:The only issue with this years deadline is the premature e-trade-ulation caused by the Olympics...

Congratulations on the awesome used of the word 'e-trade-ulation'.

5ANOTHER New page loads record Empty Re: ANOTHER New page loads record Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:57 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Our records will be shattered if we start getting more mentions on the radio during prime listening hours.

- Unknown Author

6ANOTHER New page loads record Empty Re: ANOTHER New page loads record Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:58 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Our records will be shattered if we start getting more mentions on the radio during prime listening hours.

Get on it Cap'n.

7ANOTHER New page loads record Empty Re: ANOTHER New page loads record Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:02 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Our records will be shattered if we start getting more mentions on the radio during prime listening hours.

Get on it Cap'n.

I can't justify nor hide it as business while at work. I have emailed on several occasions in hopes they'll read it. Cronie called and mentioned us once and we hit 143 users online in Feb, 09 which is still our record. Another member mentioned us on the post game show and we got a boost. My Wife did it once on the post game show and again we got a little boost.

- Unknown Author

8ANOTHER New page loads record Empty Re: ANOTHER New page loads record Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:02 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

bah, page load records are not a big deal to me (of course, I don't have access to GMHockey's huge advertising revenues Smile )

9ANOTHER New page loads record Empty Re: ANOTHER New page loads record Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:10 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah. The whopping $56.85 my Ads have made since August 2008 should be more than enough to retire on. BTW you don't get paid until you hit $100.

Seriously though the goal is to get the page loads to sky rocket to a point where we can charge companies to have their Ad on here rather than using GoogleAds. That seems to be a very long way off but that's the ultimate goal I've set personally. Not sure what the other Co-Founders thoughts are on it.

- Unknown Author

10ANOTHER New page loads record Empty Re: ANOTHER New page loads record Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:25 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Yeah. The whopping $56.85 my Ads have made since August 2008 should be more than enough to retire on. BTW you don't get paid until you hit $100.

Seriously though the goal is to get the page loads to sky rocket to a point where we can charge companies to have their Ad on here rather than using GoogleAds. That seems to be a very long way off but that's the ultimate goal I've set personally. Not sure what the other Co-Founders thoughts are on it.

What Ads?

No, I'm kidding, I never set up my Google Ads or whatever. ANOTHER New page loads record 489887 Whatever it takes to continue to make this site kick arse, I'm in.

11ANOTHER New page loads record Empty Re: ANOTHER New page loads record Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:00 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's all good. I doubt GoogleAds will ever make us rich. It will take several thousand to hundreds of thousands of page loads per day and us soliciting companies with these stats and charging them for prime Ad space with Guaranteed Ad money contracts.

LOOOOOOONNNNGGG way off from that but that is the dream.

I want to sit by my pond with the Laptop on my WiFi connection talking Hockey for a living.

- Unknown Author

12ANOTHER New page loads record Empty Re: ANOTHER New page loads record Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:45 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

WE just blew the Feb 10th record out of the water yesterday.

New page load record is 3713. We also had over 800 first time visits yesterday which is also a new record.

- Unknown Author

13ANOTHER New page loads record Empty Re: ANOTHER New page loads record Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:52 am

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

Any thought in what will be done for the trade deadline? I know that the level of contacts for some of the members might be high enough but I would like to see a twist.

Maybe rather than try to break news, how about providing a central place to get all the news, and then insightful analysis around the trade?

14ANOTHER New page loads record Empty Re: ANOTHER New page loads record Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:58 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Devo wrote:Any thought in what will be done for the trade deadline? I know that the level of contacts for some of the members might be high enough but I would like to see a twist.

Maybe rather than try to break news, how about providing a central place to get all the news, and then insightful analysis around the trade?

Last year we had a Chat session going which seemed to be quite popular. Everything we heard was updated in there and all the members discussed it and debated it.

I think what we'll do is have the chatroom displayed on the main page just above the forums for members to join in.

- Unknown Author

15ANOTHER New page loads record Empty Re: ANOTHER New page loads record Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:59 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I will probably be around doing updates as they come in.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum