GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

How did you think Redden looked last night?

+2
jamvan
PTFlea
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Is Isbister that fast? Wow!

For the McAmmond goal Isbister broke across the blueline and around Redden like he was standing still. I am mightily glad we will not have him in our top four this year. I think he was great for the franchise and great in the community for many years but he is not a 6 yr / $39M player. I hope that those who miss what he brought to the table got a good look last night because he was hor-awful.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's the same story. Redden is slowed by whatever...makes him slow now. His hip, his nose-candy, whatever it is. He doesn't have positions on guys the way he used to, he can still pass though and was effective enough on the 7 NYR PPs, but if the Rangers just spent 6.5 million per year X 6 years, then they're paying for a PP QB who didn't have many points last year.

Isbister just re-introduced the NHL to the 'new' Wade Redden.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:It's the same story. Redden is slowed by whatever...makes him slow now. His hip, his nose-candy, whatever it is. He doesn't have positions on guys the way he used to, he can still pass though and was effective enough on the 7 NYR PPs, but if the Rangers just spent 6.5 million per year X 6 years, then they're paying for a PP QB who didn't have many points last year.

I'm just glad he's doing it there than here. He looks like he lost like 20 pounds too. Donovan could have absolutely smucked him on one play, but he let up.

I'd rather Isbister on this team than Donovan to be honest.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:
504Heater wrote:It's the same story. Redden is slowed by whatever...makes him slow now. His hip, his nose-candy, whatever it is. He doesn't have positions on guys the way he used to, he can still pass though and was effective enough on the 7 NYR PPs, but if the Rangers just spent 6.5 million per year X 6 years, then they're paying for a PP QB who didn't have many points last year.

I'm just glad he's doing it there than here. He looks like he lost like 20 pounds too. Donovan could have absolutely smucked him on one play, but he let up.

I didn't realize Donovan was playing to be honest. Was he good? And yes, I like Isbister, he could be very useful. If I were Murray I would tell him not to go to Europe if he can avoid it. He'd be the first call up for me.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
jamvan wrote:

I didn't realize Donovan was playing to be honest. Was he good? And yes, I like Isbister, he could be very useful. If I were Murray I would tell him not to go to Europe if he can avoid it. He'd be the first call up for me.
Has he even spoke about going to Europe? Cause in his interview a week a go he has every intention of going to Bingo if they send him down.

Donovan was very unoticeable, but at the same time, played his game. He just is an overload of the same type of player. Isbister is almost as fast, but with better scoring touch.

jamvan wrote:
504Heater wrote:
jamvan wrote:

Has he even spoke about going to Europe? Cause in his interview a week a go he has every intention of going to Bingo if they send him down.

Donovan was very unoticeable, but at the same time, played his game. He just is an overload of the same type of player. Isbister is almost as fast, but with better scoring touch.

I guess I have a bit of time for Donovan based on the fact he was one of the very few that showed up in the playoffs last year and he is an Ottawa boy. I am by no means married to him if there is a big improvement with Isbister. I am just not 100% sure there is.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I share your view. Donovan really stepped up last season, and was going into the dirty corners and came out everynight. I think he deserves a chance, and if he doesn't show up, so to speak, then other avenues should be looked at.

Donovan is playoffs. Plain and Simple.
Fans everywhere seem to put a premium on regular season stats over post-season performance and it drives me crazy. I don't want one player on my team who cannot hack it in the playoffs - That would be Isbister.
No friggin way should he replace Dono.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:Donovan is playoffs. Plain and Simple.
Fans everywhere seem to put a premium on regular season stats over post-season performance and it drives me crazy. I don't want one player on my team who cannot hack it in the playoffs - That would be Isbister.
No friggin way should he replace Dono.

I agree. But...I do like Isbister's size and effort.

Imo we have plenty of size from players who use it. If Isbister isn't more physical than his reputation, he can't play here.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:Imo we have plenty of size from players who use it. If Isbister isn't more physical than his reputation, he can't play here.

Agreed. I'm sure Hartsburg made no secret of that. Use your size - or you won't get a 2nd chance.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

The Redden pylon was by-passed again for the 1st TB goal tonight....

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Number Twenty Nine wrote:The Redden pylon was by-passed again for the 1st TB goal tonight....

... and to those who celebrated the 6x6.5M contract, I send my deepest sympathies ...

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Mez was ok, but not a standout. Kuba played better for us the other night.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Maybe it's just me, but how does a player reach that level of apathy?
I mean that's the ONLY explanation for Redden that fits. Sheer laziness and apathy... It's sad really, and even though he's no longer our problem, I feel really bad for Rangers fans.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum