GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

No Redden Tommorrow Night

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1No Redden Tommorrow Night Empty No Redden Tommorrow Night Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:50 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

I can't believe the Rangers are holding him out of his return. I'm so disappointed as I wanted to see Red walking around Redden.

2No Redden Tommorrow Night Empty Re: No Redden Tommorrow Night Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:01 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

that's pathetic...

Who's idea was that? The Rangers or Redden's?

3No Redden Tommorrow Night Empty Re: No Redden Tommorrow Night Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:04 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Cronenbergfan wrote:that's pathetic...

The Rangers', I'm sure.

Teams often don't play star players in the pre-season. I'm guessing we won't see much of Heatley, Spezza, or Alfie over the next 2 weeks. Maybe in a few games, but certainly not in all of them.

4No Redden Tommorrow Night Empty Re: No Redden Tommorrow Night Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:17 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

jamvan wrote:I can't believe the Rangers are holding him out of his return. I'm so disappointed as I wanted to see Red walking around Redden.
Men. Pre-season. Not surprising. Maybe they lost him? Off on a coke-binge with some NY hookers?

5No Redden Tommorrow Night Empty Re: No Redden Tommorrow Night Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:23 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I still think it's pathetic.

You know, it's too bad because had Redden played differently, and still walked, he could have potentially had a prodigal son-like welcome, but...

6No Redden Tommorrow Night Empty Re: No Redden Tommorrow Night Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:24 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:that's pathetic...

The Rangers', I'm sure.

Teams often don't play star players in the pre-season. I'm guessing we won't see much of Heatley, Spezza, or Alfie over the next 2 weeks. Maybe in a few games, but certainly not in all of them.
I thought the Heatley-Spezza-Winchester line is a go for tomorrow night?

7No Redden Tommorrow Night Empty Re: No Redden Tommorrow Night Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:38 am

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

jamvan wrote:I can't believe the Rangers are holding him out of his return. I'm so disappointed as I wanted to see Red walking around Redden.

he probably scratched himself so he could get an early start (snort) on Elgin!

8No Redden Tommorrow Night Empty Re: No Redden Tommorrow Night Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:46 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

jamvan wrote:

Last I read (in the Sun or Citizen this morning), tomorrow's line up will only get announced sometime today -- and I haven't heard it yet, but maybe I'm missing something?

Also, the first found of cuts come tomorrow. Don't expect any significant decisions to be made then, tho'.

9No Redden Tommorrow Night Empty Re: No Redden Tommorrow Night Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:47 pm

I can't imagine seeing Alfie, Fisher, Phillips, Kelly, or Vermette tonight.
I would expect a couple newcomers other than the obvious tryouts (Bell, Isbister, Shannon) to be in the lineup. Picard is likely and we may even see Kuba, but I don't think Ruutu or Smith will be in the lineup (there's just no point...)
You may see one of Heatley or Spezza in the lineup for the first 3 games, but I wouldn't count on it...
By the home game against MTL (Sept 26th?) you'll see the majority of the regular lineup together; getting ready to head to overseas.
Tonight, I think we'll see a lineup with these names:
Spezza/Heatley (maybe) - Winchester - Foligno
Shannon - Zubov - Nikulin
Donovan - McAmmond - Neil
Carkner - Bass - Isbister

Schubert - Bell
Picard - Lee
_____ - _____ (Volchenkov - Phillips > MAYBE...big time maybe)

Elliot/Auld
Auld/Elliot

I'm not saying those will be the lines, but I expect those names.

10No Redden Tommorrow Night Empty Re: No Redden Tommorrow Night Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:11 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

cash wrote:I can't imagine seeing Alfie, Fisher, Phillips, Kelly, or Vermette tonight.
I guarantee you won't. GUARANTEE you won't see them play tonight.

Why you ask?

Cuz the game is tomorrow night!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

8)

11No Redden Tommorrow Night Empty Re: No Redden Tommorrow Night Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:16 pm

Crying Its not like I didn't know it was tomorrow, but even just reading that makes me sad...I want it now! Sad

12No Redden Tommorrow Night Empty Re: No Redden Tommorrow Night Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:29 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:
jamvan wrote:

Last I read (in the Sun or Citizen this morning), tomorrow's line up will only get announced sometime today -- and I haven't heard it yet, but maybe I'm missing something?

Also, the first found of cuts come tomorrow. Don't expect any significant decisions to be made then, tho'.
Yea, it will be the guys destined for junior or Bingo or even Elmira.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum