GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

How did you think Redden looked last night?

+2
jamvan
PTFlea
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Acrobat

Veteran
Veteran

Number Twenty Nine wrote:The Redden pylon was by-passed again for the 1st TB goal tonight....

... and to those who celebrated the 6x6.5M contract, I send my deepest sympathies ...

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran

Mez was ok, but not a standout. Kuba played better for us the other night.

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Maybe it's just me, but how does a player reach that level of apathy?
I mean that's the ONLY explanation for Redden that fits. Sheer laziness and apathy... It's sad really, and even though he's no longer our problem, I feel really bad for Rangers fans.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I thought they were both pretty good. The odd mistake, but I'm guessing Redden played 25+ minutes. He was always out there. Both solid, both transition D-men, both guys we could use, but not their contracts or in Mez's case, his 'tude.

The guy I might be most impressed with is Markus Naslund. Man, this guy came into Ranger's camp in a whole new world of shape. Great moves, drives the net hard, very nice pick up for the Rangers.

Zherdev was great, then horrible, then great, then absolute crap. This guy is gonna give Ranger's fans fits.

Renney will bench him soon enough. He doesn't fit in with the system at all.

It still bothers me that Naslund chose the exact same money and term from NYR over us...
Imagine having him on our team? We'd look like this:
Heatley - Spezza - Winchester
Vermette - Naslund - Alfredsson
Ruutu - Fisher - Neil
Foligno - Kelly - Bass - Donovan - McAmmond - Schubert
...We could roll 5 friggin NHL calibre lines.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

cash wrote:It still bothers me that Naslund chose the exact same money and term from NYR over us...
Ruutu - Fisher - Neil

For starters, I don't think we'd be able to have all the same roster players if we had signed Naslund... even if you ship out that 5th line for picks/prospects/bags of pucks and add it to our current $3 mil in cap space, you don't end up with the $6 mil in cap space needed accommodate Naslund and $2 mil or so in reserve cap space for injuries, call ups, and deadline acquisition.

If we had signed Naslund, I imagine we would have not signed Smith, or we would have had to have moved Vermette. Something like that.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We had our sites on Naslund? I thought that was all BS.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It was totally BS... Remember who was pushing the Naslund rumor? Wink

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:It was totally BS... Remember who was pushing the Naslund rumor? Wink

It's all such a blur...I can guess though.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

THE GIANT DOUCHE!!! LOL

rooneypoo wrote:
cash wrote:It still bothers me that Naslund chose the exact same money and term from NYR over us...
Ruutu - Fisher - Neil

For starters, I don't think we'd be able to have all the same roster players if we had signed Naslund... even if you ship out that 5th line for picks/prospects/bags of pucks and add it to our current $3 mil in cap space, you don't end up with the $6 mil in cap space needed accommodate Naslund and $2 mil or so in reserve cap space for injuries, call ups, and deadline acquisition.

If we had signed Naslund, I imagine we would have not signed Smith, or we would have had to have moved Vermette. Something like that.
What 6 million? He has a 4M cap hit. We could afford him with one-two roster cuts which have to be made anyways...Apparently it was a K.Lie production, though - so that eases the mind...

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

cash wrote:
What 6 million? He has a 4M cap hit. We could afford him with one-two roster cuts which have to be made anyways...Apparently it was a K.Lie production, though - so that eases the mind...

$6 mil. Naslund's $4 mil + $2 mil or so in cap space for injuries, call ups, and deadline deals = $6 mil.

We wouldn't have been able to afford Naslund at that price without missing out on Smith or trading off Vermette, so something like that.

Anyway, it's a non-issue. I never heard a peep about us being in the running for him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum