GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+25
Sens4thecup
Hockeyhero22000
cain69
rooneypoo
pgood
beerandsens
Urkie
SensGirl11
Phoenix30
Hayden
caissie_1
Tuk Tuk
beedub
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
PKC
Sens19
asq2
TheAvatar
Riprock
PTFlea
LeCaptain
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 44 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 67]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

cloverleaf wrote:
shabbs wrote:B's lost 3-2 to the Rags.
I take it you didn't watch the game and just checked the boxscore because the real story here is Bergeron left the game in the 2nd and didn't return. Could be a broken hand as his hand was struck near his midsection. Who knows though, it was a weird play with few replays.
Maybe Fisher will get the call now as Bergeron was only named mainly because of his faceoff %.
We'll find out today some more details. He didn't make the trip to Ottawa. I think his PK skills were the main factor for putting him on the team.

Fisher or Staal could get the nod if he can't go.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:
shabbs wrote:B's lost 3-2 to the Rags.
I take it you didn't watch the game and just checked the boxscore because the real story here is Bergeron left the game in the 2nd and didn't return. Could be a broken hand as his hand was struck near his midsection. Who knows though, it was a weird play with few replays.
Maybe Fisher will get the call now as Bergeron was only named mainly because of his faceoff %.
We'll find out today some more details. He didn't make the trip to Ottawa. I think his PK skills were the main factor for putting him on the team.

Fisher or Staal could get the nod if he can't go.

There will be more injuries. I think Fisher still has a shot at being on this team. I also don't think it'll take half the team going down to injury in order for that to happen as some might have you believe.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:There will be more injuries. I think Fisher still has a shot at being on this team. I also don't think it'll take half the team going down to injury in order for that to happen as some might have you believe.

Maybe I read too much into Yzerman's comments to the media but I don't think Fish was ever seriously considered for the team.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:There will be more injuries. I think Fisher still has a shot at being on this team. I also don't think it'll take half the team going down to injury in order for that to happen as some might have you believe.

Maybe I read too much into Yzerman's comments to the media but I don't think Fish was ever seriously considered for the team.

His "comments" were responses to Fisher's lobbyists in the Ottawa media. Nothing more. Why would Yzerman answer differently? He can pay a compliment to Fisher, who is a good, hard working player, by saying he's being looked at while knowing he isn't. No harm done.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
His "comments" were responses to Fisher's lobbyists in the Ottawa media. Nothing more. Why would Yzerman answer differently? He can pay a compliment to Fisher, who is a good, hard working player, by saying he's being looked at while knowing he isn't. No harm done.

True.

I'm sure Fisher was looked at, Yzerman would be stupid not consider every possibility. I just think his chances were slightly above zero that is all, it's an extremely competitive line up.

Oh well, maybe a Sens player will make the 2014 team Smile (Assuming the NHL doesn't pull out of the Olympics).

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

True.

I'm sure Fisher was looked at, Yzerman would be stupid not consider every possibility. I just think his chances were slightly above zero that is all, it's an extremely competitive line up.

Oh well, maybe a Sens player will make the 2014 team Smile (Assuming the NHL doesn't pull out of the Olympics).

If they host it out doors then you can bet the NHL will be there. Ahhhhh!

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

True.

Oh well, maybe a Sens player will make the 2014 team General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 21 54934 (Assuming the NHL doesn't pull out of the Olympics).

If they host it out doors then you can bet the NHL will be there. General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 21 805406

"The Taco Bell Olympic Outdoor Classic Powered by Gatorade"

I like it!

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

True.

Oh well, maybe a Sens player will make the 2014 team General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 21 54934 (Assuming the NHL doesn't pull out of the Olympics).

If they host it out doors then you can bet the NHL will be there. General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 21 805406

"The Taco Bell Olympic Outdoor Classic Powered by Gatorade"

I like it!

Is it in you? Sarcasm

- Unknown Author

Hoags wrote:

The hockeybuzz guy says Carter is next in line.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:
Hoags wrote:

The hockeybuzz guy says Carter is next in line.

Well there you have it then.

- Unknown Author

Thats not all that surprising, but after Carter, who's next? St.Louis, Richards, Lecavalier? Then who? Stamkos? I wouldn't rule Fisher out, depending on the player that gets injured.

Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

True.

I'm sure Fisher was looked at, Yzerman would be stupid not consider every possibility. I just think his chances were slightly above zero that is all.
Don't be so hard on Fisher. Slightly above zero? I had him slightly above ten.
Either way, thanks for the realistic view on things. Fisher has and had like I said before, no shot at Vancouver and Team Canada.

Gohan wrote:Thats not all that surprising, but after Carter, who's next? St.Louis, Richards, Lecavalier? Then who? Stamkos? I wouldn't rule Fisher out, depending on the player that gets injured.

Yep. All those guys and a couple more before Fisher. I think it is finally starting to sink in for some.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's not a question of sinking in, it's a question of: remember the last time Canada tried to win gold with skill alone? We got crushed and Pronger looked horrible (thought I'd throw that in as well). Now that Bergeron might be out, it's a perfect time to get a rugged, gritty player in there. Doan, Smyth or Fisher if you want grit - in that order. And St.Louis, Richards and Lecavallier if you want skill.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:It's not a question of sinking in, it's a question of: remember the last time Canada tried to win gold with skill alone? We got crushed and Pronger looked horrible (thought I'd throw that in as well). Now that Bergeron might be out, it's a perfect time to get a rugged, gritty player in there. Doan, Smyth or Fisher if you want grit - in that order. And St.Louis, Richards and Lecavallier if you want skill.

No. When?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:It's not a question of sinking in, it's a question of: remember the last time Canada tried to win gold with skill alone? We got crushed and Pronger looked horrible (thought I'd throw that in as well). Now that Bergeron might be out, it's a perfect time to get a rugged, gritty player in there. Doan, Smyth or Fisher if you want grit - in that order. And St.Louis, Richards and Lecavallier if you want skill.

No. When?

Haha, Dung, I can't remember the year. The time when Pronger sucked eggs, 2006 I want to say, the last one.

cloverleaf wrote:
Gohan wrote:Thats not all that surprising, but after Carter, who's next? St.Louis, Richards, Lecavalier? Then who? Stamkos? I wouldn't rule Fisher out, depending on the player that gets injured.

Yep. All those guys and a couple more before Fisher. I think it is finally starting to sink in for some.

Again: it's about who gets injured. If Morrow or Richards goes down, I wouldn't be shocked to hear the names Smyth, Doan, and Fisher come right back into the conversation. Fisher's still probably 3rd on that list and thus on the outside looking in, but I'm pretty sure he's been looked at. Had he not tailed off from his ppg pace, prior to December, we'd probably have heard his name called.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

No. When?

Haha, Dung, I can't remember the year. The time when Pronger sucked eggs, 2006 I want to say, the last one.

I'd say there was more skill on the 2002 team that won gold. Players like Draper, Maltby, Doan, Foote and Regehr aren't pure skill players and having Redden on your team is just asking for failure.

Pronger was an undisciplined piece of Dung and insisting on playing Fraudeur over Luongo despite losing didn't help.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 44 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum