GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mike Fisher is officially considered for TEam Canada

+8
Riprock
PTFlea
mickbud
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
sidstu
wprager
LeCaptain
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

sidstu wrote:it means if you say things that don't support ottawa players you get a low ranking

where i come from thats called pretty boy thinking--if you don't play right you can't play with us--what a joke

You and this random "pretty boy" talk Mike Fisher is officially considered for TEam Canada - Page 4 270956 you must be one ugly mofo Mike Fisher is officially considered for TEam Canada - Page 4 62136

It's funny that you talk about not supporting ottawa players because many of the members here (myself included) are some of the most critical people you can find when it comes to our own players...

Follow this guys lead:
Mike Fisher is officially considered for TEam Canada - Page 4 693150-colonmustard_large

marakh wrote:The kind of team I want looks like this:

Iginla - Crosby - Nash
Marleau - Thornton - Heatley
Doan - Getzlaf - St-Louis (underrated)
Fisher - Toews - Richards
Smyth

Weber - Niedermayer
Jbo - Keith
Boyle - Doughty
Jovanovski

Brodeur
Fleury
Luongo

Nevermind wings and centers, as long as the center can win key face-offs. Half of the forwards' can PK effectively as well, and all the defensemen are reliable defensively (Green could kill the team against the russians)

SO underrated! He'll be there, probably right in that position.

Toews at 4th line center, huh? No Morrow? Richards on the wing? Interesting...Isn't Smyth out until the end of January?

Defense looks right, but no Phillips anywhere in site??? Blasphemy!! Mike Fisher is officially considered for TEam Canada - Page 4 159628

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

TO come back on topic, I think it comes back to what the Flyers do in the next few weeks. Pronger and Carter have probably played their way off the team. Richards is still a captain that scores shorthanded goals. Jordan Staal is another option as well. What is Brendan MOrrow up to these days? Haven't seen the Stars play once this year...

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Smyth was amazing at the beginning of the season, and most importantly has made the Olympics 2 times already... You need those kind of guys. Now, I have no idea when he comes back. May be you look at a guy like MOrrow instead if Smyth is not good to go.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:TO come back on topic, I think it comes back to what the Flyers do in the next few weeks. Pronger and Carter have probably played their way off the team. Richards is still a captain that scores shorthanded goals. Jordan Staal is another option as well. What is Brendan MOrrow up to these days? Haven't seen the Stars play once this year...

12 goals so far. How does Fisher get to play LW at his expense or Ryan Smyths for that matter?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

The TSN folk were discussing players whose stock has risen as well, for consideration to TC. Just for fun, here's some possible line-ups that might be off the map.

Heatley-Getzlaf-Nash (very successful at the WC's)
Morrow-Crosby-Iginla

or

Perry-Getzlaf-Penner as a lineup, as they were very dominant for Anaheim when they won the cup, and Penner's been playing very well this season, though the other two not so much.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
marakh wrote:TO come back on topic, I think it comes back to what the Flyers do in the next few weeks. Pronger and Carter have probably played their way off the team. Richards is still a captain that scores shorthanded goals. Jordan Staal is another option as well. What is Brendan MOrrow up to these days? Haven't seen the Stars play once this year...

12 goals so far. How does Fisher get to play LW at his expense or Ryan Smyths for that matter?

Smyth will miss it to injury though.

mickbud

Prospect
Prospect

Dash wrote:The TSN folk were discussing players whose stock has risen as well, for consideration to TC. Just for fun, here's some possible line-ups that might be off the map.

Morrow-Crosby-Iginla

or

Perry-Getzlaf-Penner as a lineup, as they were very dominant for Anaheim when they won the cup, and Penner's been playing very well this season, though the other two not so much.

The only two Canadian players with more points than Perry are Crosby and Thornton, i'd say he's having a good year

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:

Smyth will miss it to injury though.[/quote]

Apparently he's ready to come back to the Kings lineup soon and he's better than a point per game right now.

Basically, what we're up against is booting out an equally or more deserving player out of their natural position to bring in Mike Fisher to play wing. How is that right?

Dash wrote:

Against Latvia, Norway, and Slovenia....just saying.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

mickbud wrote:
Dash wrote:The TSN folk were discussing players whose stock has risen as well, for consideration to TC. Just for fun, here's some possible line-ups that might be off the map.

Morrow-Crosby-Iginla

or

The only two Canadian players with more points than Perry are Crosby and Thornton, i'd say he's having a good year

Yep. Getzlaf has been very good as well. Their defense sucks, but their first line is sitll one of the best in the league.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

BUMP. How was this guy considered for Team Canada?

Big Ev be bumping-bumping. Big Ev go boom-boom.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Man this thread is a good read.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

sidstu seems like an bunghole

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I don't get this bump at all... Fisher was playing unreal hockey at that point and he was actually being looked at. So why the bump?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:I don't get this bump at all... Fisher was playing unreal hockey at that point and he was actually being looked at. So why the bump?

I'm saying, look at him now. How the mighty have fallen.

and I'm bumping threads which are funny to read in hindsight

NEELY

Mod
Mod

It was 3 years ago and he had a career year... again, not exactly sure why it was bumped.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:It was 3 years ago and he had a career year... again, not exactly sure why it was bumped.

Watch out for my next bump

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum