GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mike Fisher is officially considered for TEam Canada

+8
Riprock
PTFlea
mickbud
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
sidstu
wprager
LeCaptain
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well there is a facebook group if you're interested in joining?

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Well there is a facebook group if you're interested in joining?
I loathe facebook. But thanks. Smile

mickbud

Prospect
Prospect

sidstu wrote:i don't care if richards/carter are not playing that well right now--the whole team is not playing well--put them on a team with other superstars and these 2 guys will score goals at will

to think otherwise is crazy

Steve Yzerman does...

to think otherwise is crazy

@ sidstu - you are absolutely correct. They is no way the Fisher makes Team Canada. Richards and Carter are both ahead of him no matter how they are playing. Forest through the trees yet again for some. Fisher is one of my favorite players as we are from the same hometown and have played shiny together countless times, but come on.

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

mickbud- yeah, its called keeping you on your toes--what do you think he is going to do--guarantee positions---he needs to motivate players to play better

mickbud

Prospect
Prospect

cloverleaf wrote:@ sidstu - you are absolutely correct. They is no way the Fisher makes Team Canada. Richards and Carter are both ahead of him no matter how they are playing. Forest through the trees yet again for some. Fisher is one of my favorite players as we are from the same hometown and have played shiny together countless times, but come on.

You're both looking at this the wrong way...yes Carter and Richards are better hockey players and would be ahead of Fisher in that sense...but Carter won't be playing a checking role on team Canada...if he makes it he's got to be on the top 2 lines, or maybe number three...Richards is ahead of Fisher in my opinion because Richards can play a checking role and he's a better hockey player...but Carter is another story

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm not saying that Mike Fisher will make Team Canada, but boy are you guys ever way off.

The last thing TC and Yzerman needs right now is more skilled players. Just because Mike Richards and Jeff Carter might score more often than Mike Fisher does NOT mean they would be considered before Fisher just by namesake alone. Come on...Richards and Carter have both been horrible for the Flyers - and that's when the aren't even down yet. I think it's fair to say they've both played themselves off the team.

Carter for sure. Richards may still have a shot - but at this point, Mike Fisher is showing he's the cannon.

If I was selecting right now, I'd take Fisher over Richards and Carter any day of the week. My team will have tons of skill no matter how you slice it. My top 6 is gonna be Heatley, Thornton, Marleau, Crosby, Nash, Getzaf. My fourth line is Mike Fisher, Shane Doan and either Morrow or even Cory Perry. You don't judge these things on 'talent' and 'skill' alone - or you lose.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Let's not forget, he does play wing!

- Lloyd Sweaterman

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

cloverleaf---I completely agree--even if you look at from just a political position--can you imagine if canada loses and he cut carter and richards--he would be done as GM for team canada--if he loses with those guys people would he needed to keep them on the team

by the way what does reputation stand for --i see i'm a -9--

I agree with Spezza .. when we won the olympics in 2002 we had Draper on the 4th line, no? there were better forwards out there but you can't expect to have Thorton shut down the other teams top line... it just won't happen.. you need role players even in the olypmics.. that's why Canada got beat last time because they went for the best players and didn't think about how they'd fit...
Fisher, Morrow and Perry would be an insane 3rd line.

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

spezdispenser--what about lecavilier--just curious

Richards is twice the player fisher is in every facet of the game. Leadership, PK, PP, don't get me wrong, fisher is good at all those, but Richards is great. Grit, the list goes on and on. I know Carter won't make the team, but I also know Fisher won't either.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

cloverleaf wrote:Richards is twice the player fisher is in every facet of the game. Leadership, PK, PP, don't get me wrong, fisher is good at all those, but Richards is great. Grit, the list goes on and on. I know Carter won't make the team, but I also know Fisher won't either.

Does Richards play wing? That's the key here.

-9 reputation means you speak without blinders on and upset the clique I think.

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

it means if you say things that don't support ottawa players you get a low ranking

where i come from thats called pretty boy thinking--if you don't play right you can't play with us--what a joke

SeawaySensFan wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:Richards is twice the player fisher is in every facet of the game. Leadership, PK, PP, don't get me wrong, fisher is good at all those, but Richards is great. Grit, the list goes on and on. I know Carter won't make the team, but I also know Fisher won't either.

Does Richards play wing? That's the key here.
Come on Seaway, I know you can't be serious. Richards or Fisher? I will risk any money you want on that little question.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sidstu wrote:spezdispenser--what about lecavilier--just curious

I don't think he's gonna make it to be honest. He's been a lot better, but how many centers can this team have? If he makes it, he's on line 3 and everyone will have to hope he's fully healed and prepped for the Olympics. I CERTAINLY wouldn't put him on a line 4 though. I'd put Fisher above him for that.

Taxi squad sounds about right - unless people watching TB games can vouch that he's back to 100%.

sidstu

Rookie
Rookie

i cannot support putting fisher ahead of lecavilier unless there is an injury--no way--i think that's crazy but that's only my opinion

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum