GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mike Fisher Sucks!!!

+3
PTFlea
rooneypoo
jamvan
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Mike Fisher Sucks!!! Empty Mike Fisher Sucks!!! Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:59 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

I'm getting tired of this guy not producing. Fans always say he's a heart and soul type guy, but tell me if you think he's worth $6 million after you see this stat?

Mike Fisher - Last 40 regular season games 4g - 2a and is -18. Pointless this season

2Mike Fisher Sucks!!! Empty Re: Mike Fisher Sucks!!! Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:02 pm

jamvan wrote:I'm getting tired of this guy not producing. Fans always say he's a heart and soul type guy, but tell me if you think he's worth $6 million after you see this stat?

Mike Fisher - Last 40 regular season games 4g - 2a and is -18. Pointless this season

I heard a good point though about Fisher. He missed most of the preseason, as well as the first couple of games in the regular season. He's still probably trying to shake off some of the rust. He needs to start producing and very quickly.

3Mike Fisher Sucks!!! Empty Re: Mike Fisher Sucks!!! Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:06 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock34 wrote:
jamvan wrote:I'm getting tired of this guy not producing. Fans always say he's a heart and soul type guy, but tell me if you think he's worth $6 million after you see this stat?

I heard a good point though about Fisher. He missed most of the preseason, as well as the first couple of games in the regular season. He's still probably trying to shake off some of the rust. He needs to start producing and very quickly.
That's a pretty lame excuse if you ask me. $6 million dollars you're right, he better go on quite the tear.

4Mike Fisher Sucks!!! Empty Re: Mike Fisher Sucks!!! Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:08 pm

jamvan wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:

That's a pretty lame excuse if you ask me. $6 million dollars you're right, he better go on quite the tear.

Oh believe me, it's not an excuse. More like a partial cause. I've been pretty adamant that Fisher ought to be traded to bring in some help in other areas. Zach Smith fits his role and has some scoring touch.

5Mike Fisher Sucks!!! Empty Re: Mike Fisher Sucks!!! Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:22 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

jamvan wrote:

The $6 mil dollar figure is absolutely irrelevant. Fisher's cap hit is $4.2 mil / yr, and that's the only number that matters.

Still, I concede that those figures you list (4 G, 2 A, -18 in 40 his last 40 regular season games) are seriously disturbing.

6Mike Fisher Sucks!!! Empty Re: Mike Fisher Sucks!!! Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:06 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:
jamvan wrote:

The $6 mil dollar figure is absolutely irrelevant. Fisher's cap hit is $4.2 mil / yr, and that's the only number that matters.

Still, I concede that those figures you list (4 G, 2 A, -18 in 40 his last 40 regular season games) are seriously disturbing.
Irelevant? I don't think so. He's getting $6 million this year, I don't care what the tenure is. I'm talking this year, so that figure is relevant in this matter. The bottom line is, these guys have to take a step back and just play. They are so worried about making mistakes, that they are making more of them.

The line juggling isn't making me happy either. I have really liked Hartsburg so far, but you have to give guys some time to gel. 60 minutes isn't enough time.

NOTE: I'm hoping my negativity towards Fisher makes him pot two tonight.

7Mike Fisher Sucks!!! Empty Re: Mike Fisher Sucks!!! Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He needs to chill and get some flow back in his game.

Still...I don't really begrudge the signing. He's absolutely a 4 million dollar player for any team (I don't look at the dollar amount, only the cap hit).

I just want him to produce - like....now.

8Mike Fisher Sucks!!! Empty Re: Mike Fisher Sucks!!! Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:02 pm

504Heater wrote:He needs to chill and get some flow back in his game.

Still...I don't really begrudge the signing. He's absolutely a 4 million dollar player for any team (I don't look at the dollar amount, only the cap hit).

I just want him to produce - like....now.

The Sens dont need a 4 million dollar, 3rd line center right now, they need a 7 million dollar, skilled D man. I would have no problems seeing Fisher or Vermette traded, none. Fisher could fetch a big piece of the puzzle, because honestly, the Sens dont NEED him. He may be a monster in the playoffs, but you actually have to get there first, and Fisher playing like he is, it's not going to happen.

9Mike Fisher Sucks!!! Empty Re: Mike Fisher Sucks!!! Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:30 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I would take a nice 7 million dollar D man for one or the other, but both? Who's gonna be the 2nd line this year? Ruutu? Kelly? Neil? Sad

That makes me sad and scared. Literally, if Vermette and Fisher don't awake soon...we're in trouble.

10Mike Fisher Sucks!!! Empty Re: Mike Fisher Sucks!!! Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:34 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

4 goals, 2 assists, -18 in 40 games!!

That's shocking... Those have to be the worst numbers on the team. At least for forwards.

That's a 10 point season near enough!!

11Mike Fisher Sucks!!! Empty Re: Mike Fisher Sucks!!! Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:40 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Fisher is what he is. He played through injury last season and still got in the 50 point range.

I never expected to see a 70 or 80 point season out of Fisher and for those that did you weren't seeing clearly. I expect Fisher to get 25 goals and 50 to 55 points. It will come around for him. He'll go on a scoring streak and everyone will be talking about how he might get 30 goals. The streak will end and he'll end the season with 50+ points and 20+ goals. I'm more than happy to see him paid his 4.2 Cap hit. And yes that IS the only relevant number in a Cap world. I didn't expect Briere to be the best player in the league because he made 10+ Million last season. It's just a matter of salary structure to make for the most Cap friendly Cap hit IMO.

- Unknown Author

12Mike Fisher Sucks!!! Empty Re: Mike Fisher Sucks!!! Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:50 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I agree with you, and ~50 points is my expectation from Fisher (20-25 goals ideally).

Injury or no injury, 4 goals and 2 assists over 40 games is BRUTAL.

I put up better stats than that and I skate like McGratton!

13Mike Fisher Sucks!!! Empty Re: Mike Fisher Sucks!!! Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:01 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

mattbond wrote:I agree with you, and ~50 points is my expectation from Fisher (20-25 goals ideally).

Injury or no injury, 4 goals and 2 assists over 40 games is BRUTAL.

I put up better stats than that and I skate like McGratton!

Come talk to me in April. If Fisher isn't ~50pts then we should be worrying about him.

- Unknown Author

14Mike Fisher Sucks!!! Empty Re: Mike Fisher Sucks!!! Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:08 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

He better start putting some up soon though. People are going to start noticing... (shhhh, don't tell BooBoo!!)

PS, I accidentally hit SHIFT+INSERT, and something interesting happened. Let me know if anyone else had this happen.

15Mike Fisher Sucks!!! Empty Re: Mike Fisher Sucks!!! Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:58 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

jamvan wrote: Irelevant? I don't think so. He's getting $6 million this year, I don't care what the tenure is. I'm talking this year, so that figure is relevant in this matter. The bottom line is, these guys have to take a step back and just play. They are so worried about making mistakes, that they are making more of them.

The line juggling isn't making me happy either. I have really liked Hartsburg so far, but you have to give guys some time to gel. 60 minutes isn't enough time.

NOTE: I'm hoping my negativity towards Fisher makes him pot two tonight.

Sorry, but yes, that $6 mil number is still irrelevant. His cap hit this year, and for the next 5 years, is $4.2 mil. That's the only number that matters.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum