GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who are you

+21
TheAvatar
22_4_ever
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
tim1_2
spader
SensFan71
Hockeyhero22000
beedub
M_Christopher
wprager
SensGirl11
Tuk Tuk
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
The Silfer Server
Cap'n Clutch
Riprock
PTFlea
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

31Who are you - Page 3 Empty Re: Who are you Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:07 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

I guess I should probably do this too. Who are you - Page 3 54934

My name is Mel (Melanie), I'm from Ottawa and have been a fan of hockey since I was a little one. My dad got me into it early. I used to play street hockey all the time with the older boys on my street and at school. Goalie was my position, I loved it. I wish I could've joined a team but I never had the chance to.

I got into the Sens when they came back into the league but not nearly as much as I'm into them now. I used to build forts in my basement when I was younger to watch the playoffs, it was my own little world. Couch cushions were the best for that. Who are you - Page 3 54934

When I got to high school I had lost most of my interest in watching sports, but I would play sports a lot. Then when I hit my 20's I met my now husband, Peter (SpezDispenser) during the lockout year and we became absolutely and completely hooked on the Sens after seeing the Binghamton Senators (with Spezza) play at Scotiabank Place. That's when the madness began. The Sens had signed Hasek and he was my all time favorite goaltender, I couldn't not watch the team, that was it for me. Ever since then we've been to countless games and haven't missed many games on T.V. (Unless they aren't on at all, in which case we listen to them on the Team) I started doing shrines in our house the year they went to the Final. I just had a feeling at the beginning of that season that it was going to be a special year, and it was. I've never experienced so much excitement in my life, those are memories I will keep with me forever. We were lucky enough to go to Game 3 here. The only game they won. Nothing can be compared to that game and the atmosphere and excitement of winning. The only other excitement that was close to that was the game winning goal by Alfie to bring us to that point. That year was just amazing, too bad we couldn't bring the Cup home, but I have faith that eventually we will.

My favorite players are Alfie first and foremost, Volchenkov and Michalek.

Our beautiful cat King is also a huge fan. He's gotten used to our crazy screaming and jumping around when the Sens score. Who are you - Page 3 54934

32Who are you - Page 3 Empty Re: Who are you Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:18 pm

Tuk Tuk

Veteran
Veteran

Hey, my name is Tukker. Im 16 years old, born and raised in Sault Ste Marie Ontario, but have also spent time in Georgetown and Calgary.

I grew up a Montreal fan, and still cheer for them to this day, but Ottawa is #1 for me. My favourite player growing up was Sergei Fedorov and Ray Bourque. I'm also a big football fan, cheering for the Saints and Ti-Cats my whole life.

Music is a huge part of my life, I play guitar in a rock band called "RXN"(pronounced reaction). I listen to alot of different music, from country, to grunge, classic rock, some current, and everything in between.

My first love is songwriting though, and there's nothing i enjoy more.

here's an example, ill put it in spoiler so it doesnt make the page longer for people who dont care

Spoiler:

33Who are you - Page 3 Empty Re: Who are you Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:22 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

Great lyrics Tuk! You are very talented. Keep it up!

34Who are you - Page 3 Empty Re: Who are you Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:33 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm going to have to go back and read all of this, but for now:

My name is Walter -- originally Vladimir (yeah, "Vlad the Impaler" I get that a lot). I was born in Moscow and lived there until I was 12. Left the year after the Summit Series of '72 -- I guess I realized where the best hockey was being played Smile

It took about 18 months to get an entry visa into Canada, and then I spent 20 years in Montreal. I was one of the last "good" Habs fans to leave the province -- now you have mostly the yahoos left Smile I've been a Sens fan for the last 15 years (yes, I am a homer , I just cannot think of cheering for another team when there is one in the city you call home).

I'm a s/w professional by trade, currently working at a small telecom company. I've got no pets (my oldest has asthma and allergies, but we're working on that). I've got 4 kids (this is where you all go "Wow, duude") and, yes, it's a lot closer to Malcolm in the Middle than The Brady Bunch.

35Who are you - Page 3 Empty Re: Who are you Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:25 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

SensGirl11 wrote: We were lucky enough to go to Game 3 here. The only game they won. Nothing can be compared to that game and the atmosphere and excitement of winning. The only other excitement that was close to that was the game winning goal by Alfie to bring us to that point. That year was just amazing, too bad we couldn't bring the Cup home, but I have faith that eventually we will.

I went to that game too!!! My brothers and best friend flew me down from Halifax and took me to the game as an early birthday present. I was in the 2nd bowl, just to the right of where Pronger elbowed McAmmond. That is my all-time hockey moment!!!

36Who are you - Page 3 Empty Re: Who are you Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:31 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Tuk Tuk wrote:Hey, my name is Tukker. Im 16 years old, born and raised in Sault Ste Marie Ontario, but have also spent time in Georgetown and Calgary.

I grew up a Montreal fan, and still cheer for them to this day, but Ottawa is #1 for me. My favourite player growing up was Sergei Fedorov and Ray Bourque. I'm also a big football fan, cheering for the Saints and Ti-Cats my whole life.

Music is a huge part of my life, I play guitar in a rock band called "RXN"(pronounced reaction). I listen to alot of different music, from country, to grunge, classic rock, some current, and everything in between.

here's an example, ill put it in spoiler so it doesnt make the page longer for people who dont care

Spoiler:

hhaha, Ray Bourque?? You were what, 8, when he retired. hahaha..

But solid lyrics. If I were capable of crying, which i'm not because I'm really insecure about the fact that I'm way more manly than every other man, and awesome, i would totally shed a tear. But I can't, so it's all moot. But seriously good lyrics. Much better than those other country songs like "save a horse, ride a cowboy" and "the girls think my tractor is sexy", and "the Taliban song". ugh.

37Who are you - Page 3 Empty Re: Who are you Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:36 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

Well I'll join in

Incase anyone forgot --My name is Mark. I was born in Ottawa, moved to Grande Prairie, AB when I was 6, moved back to Ottawa in 2006.

I grew up watching hockey with my brother and the first big NHL moment that has always stayed with me was Vancouver/New York Stanley cup finals and Richter stealing the Bure's goal. Other great memories have been attending the Oilers/Hurricanes Stanely cup finals in Edmonton, and then being at all of the Ottawa home games during their run to the finals.

I played hockey until I was 16 and blew out my ACL at the Red Deer Rebels training camp. After a couple misdiagnoses, the finally realized the damage I did to my knee and when it was finally healed as much as it could I was already 2 years behind my age group and had still hadn't been able to skate hard enough to play hockey, until just this year. (wooo finally a knee brace that works)

I went to Fanshawe College for Broadcast: Journalism, and am now heading into the final semester of the Public Relations course at Algonquin College, and I am looking to make the jump into hockey scouting.

I've been blogging 'officially' for Hockeybuzz since January, after spending two years blogging on Foxsports.com, Blogspot and co-hosting a college hockey show.

Truth be told I enjoy tracking and writing about hockey prospects and draftee's more than just writing about the Sens, but it's has been a great learning experience and outlet for me, which should benefit me down the road. (Learned people on the internet prefer to 'skim' through blogs and then misinterpret sentences or just flat out be pricks when you have a different opinion. My poor inbox
Who are you - Page 3 Clip_image001)

Oh and my favorite hockey player is Rick Nash, I even have the first Pacific Rick Nash rookie card printed, with the casting plates signed by Nash.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

38Who are you - Page 3 Empty Re: Who are you Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:15 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Bass Destruction wrote:
Tuk Tuk wrote:Hey, my name is Tukker. Im 16 years old, born and raised in Sault Ste Marie Ontario, but have also spent time in Georgetown and Calgary.

Spoiler:

hhaha, Ray Bourque?? You were what, 8, when he retired. hahaha..

But solid lyrics. If I were capable of crying, which i'm not because I'm really insecure about the fact that I'm way more manly than every other man, and awesome, i would totally shed a tear. But I can't, so it's all moot. But seriously good lyrics. Much better than those other country songs like "save a horse, ride a cowboy" and "the girls think my tractor is sexy", and "the Taliban song". ugh.

hahaha, this made me laugh pretty hard. here's some more, about the same girl

Spoiler:

39Who are you - Page 3 Empty Re: Who are you Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:04 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

M_Christopher wrote:
Oh and my favorite hockey player is Rick Nash, I even have the first Pacific Rick Nash rookie card printed, with the casting plates signed by Nash.

Good taste in players MC.

40Who are you - Page 3 Empty Re: Who are you Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:59 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I find it neat to read the blurbs of the people who have taken them time. To match an actual name to the handle on this site.

My name is Brian, and other than a 3 year stint in the fine wintery city of Winnipeg, I have lived in Ottawa my entire life.

My professional hockey career aspirations died at the age of 12, no, not due to serious injury or lack of funds, but merely due to the fact that I realized at that tender age that I sucked. Perhaps the word sucked is not truly demonstrative of my abiliity. I'd like to say I was a defensive defenceman, but in reality, I could not skate, I could not even get the Diddling puck off the ice when I shot.

Instead, I devoted my life to procreation. I have 3 kids, ranging in age from 2-13, and they truly are my world. I took a shot at marriage, failed, but I have a tremendous partner now who has restored my faith in relationships. She rocks.

I am an insurance broker, having been in the industry now for 13 years. I love it, love the interraction with people.

Favourite player growing up. Wendel Clarke of the Toronto Maple Leafs

41Who are you - Page 3 Empty Re: Who are you Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:10 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

My name is Brian i grew up playing hockey my whole life. I was a Defensive D man not a goal scorer from the point but usually was a passer. I have lived all over the country because dad was in the airforce so we constantly got posted. Lived in Moose Jaw Sask while Ryan smyth played there had his autograph but i was 4 didnt really understand the importance of it and lost it. Now i am going to Memorial University in Newfoundland finishing the last course of my Biochemistry Nutrition degree. My favourite player growing up was always #4 Scott Stevens

42Who are you - Page 3 Empty Re: Who are you Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:33 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

well really late coming into this game here, but been away from this site for a while as I am in a temp position for the time being (being away was very hard as out in NB, you cannot stay connected to what is happening in Ottawa with our team)

Anyway, here I go, my name is Barry, been living on the east coast all my life, mostly in NB, but was on the rock for about a year as well.

I have been a hockey fan ever since I can remember, started off with being an Oilers fan, and still do cheer for them a bit, but when the Sens came along, it was nice to be able to have a team closer that was not the Leafs or Habs

I have been married almost 8 years (to a Leaf fan too, imagine that one) and have two beautiful boys, one aged 6, the other is 18 months, both are a huge handful

I would love to say I play hockey, but well, other than starting last year have I actually played hockey, and all I play in is the company gentlemen's game, which is an adventure, haven't skated regularly in over 12 years, so was pretty comical trying to watch me hobble back and forth last year, but did manage to score a goal and despite all my trying, could get anyone to drop the gloves (yeah despite it being a gentlemen's game, figured I could Steve Avery someone enough to get into the fisiticuffs)

When not working or hanging out with the family, I am a volunteer fire fighter as well to serve my adrenaline junkie alter ego, and besides, everyone wants to be a firefighter eh? Lots of cool toys, gizmos, bunker gear, plus the fire trucks and such, plus you get to do some good for the community as well.

Favourite hockey player growing up would have had to be Paul Coffey, but if we are talking senators, it was always Shawn McEachern (sp?) in the early years, and Nick Foligno now, just wish he played a bit more like his brother Marcus though lol

hope I didn't bore you guys too much.

43Who are you - Page 3 Empty Re: Who are you Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:33 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Great thread, just re-read it, deserves to be stickied.

44Who are you - Page 3 Empty Re: Who are you Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:19 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Hey folks, just thought I'd share my good news. I recently finished a crazy marathon of school during which I managed to leave with two degrees in twenty months. My last degree was a B.Ed. which certifies me to teach. Today, I had my first job interview and I got the job! I'll be teaching English in a community in northern Saskatchewan. I'm super excited.

Just thought I'd share.

Smile

45Who are you - Page 3 Empty Re: Who are you Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:29 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow, so impressed with Spader! Congrats! Cheering

46Who are you - Page 3 Empty Re: Who are you Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:27 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:Hey folks, just thought I'd share my good news. I recently finished a crazy marathon of school during which I managed to leave with two degrees in twenty months. My last degree was a B.Ed. which certifies me to teach. Today, I had my first job interview and I got the job! I'll be teaching English in a community in northern Saskatchewan. I'm super excited.

Just thought I'd share.

Smile

Hey Spader, congratulations. That's fantastic. I know it's different for everyone, but I remember it feeling great to finally leave school behind and start getting a regular paycheque.

47Who are you - Page 3 Empty Re: Who are you Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:39 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
spader wrote:Hey folks, just thought I'd share my good news. I recently finished a crazy marathon of school during which I managed to leave with two degrees in twenty months. My last degree was a B.Ed. which certifies me to teach. Today, I had my first job interview and I got the job! I'll be teaching English in a community in northern Saskatchewan. I'm super excited.

Just thought I'd share.

Smile

Hey Spader, congratulations. That's fantastic. I know it's different for everyone, but I remember it feeling great to finally leave school behind and start getting a regular paycheque.
Ouffff northern Saskatchewan eh? That's a limitless far. As long as you like what you do. I'm stuck in northern Quebec working because I have 4 years of school starting next year. I guess it's never too late to go do what you want to do.

Have fun up there.

48Who are you - Page 3 Empty Re: Who are you Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:17 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Congrats Spader, I know the job market for teaching is slim here, so no doubt that had a bit of effect on your decision to leave.

Two words: Centre Ice?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum