GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who are you

+21
TheAvatar
22_4_ever
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
tim1_2
spader
SensFan71
Hockeyhero22000
beedub
M_Christopher
wprager
SensGirl11
Tuk Tuk
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
The Silfer Server
Cap'n Clutch
Riprock
PTFlea
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

46Who are you - Page 4 Empty Re: Who are you Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:27 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:Hey folks, just thought I'd share my good news. I recently finished a crazy marathon of school during which I managed to leave with two degrees in twenty months. My last degree was a B.Ed. which certifies me to teach. Today, I had my first job interview and I got the job! I'll be teaching English in a community in northern Saskatchewan. I'm super excited.

Just thought I'd share.

Smile

Hey Spader, congratulations. That's fantastic. I know it's different for everyone, but I remember it feeling great to finally leave school behind and start getting a regular paycheque.

47Who are you - Page 4 Empty Re: Who are you Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:39 am

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
spader wrote:Hey folks, just thought I'd share my good news. I recently finished a crazy marathon of school during which I managed to leave with two degrees in twenty months. My last degree was a B.Ed. which certifies me to teach. Today, I had my first job interview and I got the job! I'll be teaching English in a community in northern Saskatchewan. I'm super excited.

Just thought I'd share.

Smile

Hey Spader, congratulations. That's fantastic. I know it's different for everyone, but I remember it feeling great to finally leave school behind and start getting a regular paycheque.
Ouffff northern Saskatchewan eh? That's a limitless far. As long as you like what you do. I'm stuck in northern Quebec working because I have 4 years of school starting next year. I guess it's never too late to go do what you want to do.

Have fun up there.

48Who are you - Page 4 Empty Re: Who are you Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:17 am

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Congrats Spader, I know the job market for teaching is slim here, so no doubt that had a bit of effect on your decision to leave.

Two words: Centre Ice?

49Who are you - Page 4 Empty Re: Who are you Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:22 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Just thought I'd share.

Smile

If you need any supplies I'll send it "Hold For Pickup" in LaRonge.

50Who are you - Page 4 Empty Re: Who are you Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:28 am

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Just thought I'd share.

Smile

Ouffff northern Saskatchewan eh? That's a limitless far. As long as you like what you do. I'm stuck in northern Quebec working because I have 4 years of school starting next year. I guess it's never too late to go do what you want to do.

Have fun up there.

Good for you Flo.

I am also starting back at school this fall. I have to start with some upgrading classes, then the long road towards a degree. Looking for to it though, as I've been wanting to do this for a long time, but never could swing it financially.

51Who are you - Page 4 Empty Re: Who are you Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:28 am

Just thought I'd share.

Smile

Congrats spader!

52Who are you - Page 4 Empty Re: Who are you Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:55 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Just thought I'd share.

Smile

Have fun up there.

Good for you Flo.

I am also starting back at school this fall. I have to start with some upgrading classes, then the long road towards a degree. Looking for to it though, as I've been wanting to do this for a long time, but never could swing it financially.

I've got three degrees -- two graduate level -- and let me tell you, there are days when I would trade it all in for a good, secure job.

53Who are you - Page 4 Empty Re: Who are you Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:08 am

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

Is there such a think these days as a good, secure job?

I know so many people who are always looking over their shoulder for the dreaded axe to fall. My dad always told me, you can't control anything except how you work and should you do your best and you still get laid off, then you'll find work. Good people always do.

54Who are you - Page 4 Empty Re: Who are you Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:11 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

if you are a full-time, permanent teacher in Ontario, you are pretty secure.

55Who are you - Page 4 Empty Re: Who are you Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:12 am

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

True...My kids english teacher (they both have the same one) is a dumb Donkey and after meeting with the principle we found out there is very little (ie nothing) we can do other than ensure our kids are never in her class again.

56Who are you - Page 4 Empty Re: Who are you Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:15 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah and that's the downside. But there are a lot of good teachers too.

57Who are you - Page 4 Empty Re: Who are you Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:54 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Just thought I'd share.

Smile

Well done mate!

58Who are you - Page 4 Empty Re: Who are you Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:32 pm

rooneypoo wrote:
hemlock wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Just thought I'd share.

Smile

Have fun up there.

Good for you Flo.

I've got three degrees -- two graduate level -- and let me tell you, there are days when I would trade it all in for a good, secure job.

Come out west. I'm walking away from a full time job with a very nice pension plan (my employer matches my 9% contribution and adds a percent) where I make $80,000+ a year. This is without the benefit of a post-secondary degree. That's how confident I am that I'll get back into the job market in 2-4 years in my chosen field (science), and get back to where I am relatively quickly. My wife works in the Oil and Gas industry, and without the benefit of post-secondary, makes more money that I do. To be honest, out here, I don't even really see the effects of this recession, personally. We are still in a period of growth (it's small, but growth nonetheless), here in Calgary (rest of AB and even Sask too).

As much as I consider Ontario (Ottawa in particular) to be home, things are just way better here. My wife's sister, who's a lawyer in Ottawa, is considering packing up her Dung and moving out here.

59Who are you - Page 4 Empty Re: Who are you Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:16 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Thanks for the kind words, folks. Good luck to Hemlock and Flo in their studies.

60Who are you - Page 4 Empty Re: Who are you Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:23 pm

red red red

red red red
Prospect
Prospect

so am i really gonna have to assume this new identity or can i get unbanned? unless someone else really wants me banned???
Who are you - Page 4 Neely10
because I can? stunning Neely, stunning abuse of power again...

flo the action

61Who are you - Page 4 Empty Re: Who are you Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:11 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wow, what a crock of Dung Neely. Someone fix this and take away Neely's mod status please. What a joke.

62Who are you - Page 4 Empty Re: Who are you Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:28 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Wow, what a crock of Dung Neely. Someone fix this and take away Neely's mod status please. What a joke.

Is this serious?

63Who are you - Page 4 Empty Re: Who are you Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:07 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Any updates on the status of Flo?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum