GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Problems with the site updating??

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Problems with the site updating?? Empty Problems with the site updating?? Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:41 pm

Am I the only one who is having problems with the site updating? For instance, I'll see someone has replied to a topic in the Latest Topics area, but when I go there, the post isn't there. Anyone else experiencing this?

2Problems with the site updating?? Empty Re: Problems with the site updating?? Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:47 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

No, no problems here. Could it be a caching issue? What browser are you using? One reason may be that when you click on that topic it returns you to the first unread post, which may not be on the last page. Are you sure it's not something as mundane as that?

Oh, and I have no problem seeing your avatar. Who is that?

3Problems with the site updating?? Empty Re: Problems with the site updating?? Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:09 am

I use Firefox 3.0 at home, and IE at work. Problems with both. No it's not the unread post thing.

My avatar is Nathan Drake from Uncharted/Uncharted 2 for PS3. My kids got me addicted. I haven't been this addicted to a game since the side scrolling days of SNES....

4Problems with the site updating?? Empty Re: Problems with the site updating?? Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:35 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well I hate to tell you this, but your avatar also looks like Maksim Chmerkovskiy -- one of the pros from Dancing with the Stars.

Problems with the site updating?? Maksim_chmerkovskiy180

I'd bet Drake's hips don't move like this:

5Problems with the site updating?? Empty Re: Problems with the site updating?? Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:06 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:Am I the only one who is having problems with the site updating? For instance, I'll see someone has replied to a topic in the Latest Topics area, but when I go there, the post isn't there. Anyone else experiencing this?

I was but I now use Google Chrome and I haven't had that problem since.

- Unknown Author

6Problems with the site updating?? Empty Re: Problems with the site updating?? Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:20 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I had issues as well but nothing like what Drake/Hemi/Maks is describing. Don't think Chrome will change anything.

Hemlock, are you using some accelerator? Those things pre-fetch pages and I can see how this could be bad for message boards.

7Problems with the site updating?? Empty Re: Problems with the site updating?? Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:31 am

wprager wrote:Well I hate to tell you this, but your avatar also looks like Maksim Chmerkovskiy -- one of the pros from Dancing with the Stars.

Problems with the site updating?? Maksim_chmerkovskiy180

I'd bet Drake's hips don't move like this:

I refuse to watch that video, so I'll have to take your word for it. Problems with the site updating?? 62136

8Problems with the site updating?? Empty Re: Problems with the site updating?? Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:32 am

wprager wrote:I had issues as well but nothing like what Drake/Hemi/Maks is describing. Don't think Chrome will change anything.

Hemlock, are you using some accelerator? Those things pre-fetch pages and I can see how this could be bad for message boards.

No, I am not, but it seems fine now...at least the avatar part.

9Problems with the site updating?? Empty Re: Problems with the site updating?? Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:02 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OK, so Clutch just replied to my post on the A-Train out-of-town blog, so that should be near the top of the Latest Topics board. When you click it, do you not see Clutch's post? If you do, perhaps you haven't checked that page recently so it's not in your cache -- pick another one; I've been posting a lot this morning.

If you find one where the last post is not there the only thing I can think of is that it is a caching issue. It could be cached somewhere in your provider's network as well. Who is your provider?

10Problems with the site updating?? Empty Re: Problems with the site updating?? Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:25 am

It looks ok, I dunno it's weird though. When I was having problems, certain threads would show the latest post (according to the time stamp in the latest topics area) but others wouldn't. It seems to be fine atm though. Very strange.

11Problems with the site updating?? Empty Re: Problems with the site updating?? Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:24 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Eh, Hemlock playing Uncharted now?

12Problems with the site updating?? Empty Re: Problems with the site updating?? Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:40 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

marakh wrote:Eh, Hemlock playing Uncharted now?

Or misses DWTS.

13Problems with the site updating?? Empty Re: Problems with the site updating?? Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:42 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I have the same problem; at work and at home. I'm testing out chrome now so I'll let you know whether it works well with chrome

14Problems with the site updating?? Empty Re: Problems with the site updating?? Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:55 pm

The second one, I finished the original recently. Problems with the site updating?? 593227

15Problems with the site updating?? Empty Re: Problems with the site updating?? Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:05 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:

The second one, I finished the original recently. Problems with the site updating?? 593227

Most amazing game out there for sure. I don't know if you've reached that part yet, but the helicopter part in Nepal had me Problems with the site updating?? 177374

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum