GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Washington Capitals @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm EST - Mon. Nov. 23rd, 2009 PLUS post game thoughts

+24
SensHulk
dennycrane
Bramlet07
Flo The Action
Riprock
Sens19
asq2
caissie_1
PKC
Hockeyhero22000
LeCaptain
PTFlea
SensGirl11
KidKarlsson
TeamRenzo
Devo
TheAvatar
The Silfer Server
SeawaySensFan
SDH89
jamvan
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
shabbs
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Go down  Message [Page 28 of 29]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Would anyone here trade Nick Foligno and our first to Minny for Havlat? It's an interesting question (I thought).

Forget about the money for a moment - would you do it?

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Would anyone here trade Nick Foligno and our first to Minny for Havlat? It's an interesting question (I thought).

And a 1st. No. And a Jim O'Brien and a 3rd. Something like that.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Would anyone here trade Nick Foligno and our first to Minny for Havlat? It's an interesting question (I thought).

And a 1st. No. And a Jim O'Brien and a 3rd. Something like that.

Fair enough SSF. I was just curious what people's reactions would be.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Also, Clouston out-coached Boudreau last night. That's a good thing.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

PKC wrote:Why are we re-hashing the same Dung all the time?

So much fairweather-ism with Sens fans.
One week Spezza is worth every penny, the next he's Dung.
One night Kelly is a stud worth every penny, the next we're looking to ship him out for anything.
One second we're talking about how great the Kovalev signing is, the next everyone is talking about trade options/benching him.
We trade for Cheechoo, know exactly what to expect and somehow when he's meeting those expectations (of struggling), he's still not good enough and we're re-hashing all the same Dung we've been talking about forever.

One poster is always flip-flopping on like literally every single thing we talk about in here.
Others just prefer to avoid the realistic situation their team is in.

It's starting to get agitating a bit to come in here and talk hockey with some of these 'know-it-alls'.

I respect that everyone has an opinion and I'm certainly not saying that people shouldn't present their points of view. It's just too much flip-flopping in here on this team.

You know why Toronto fans are better than Sens fans? Because they never give up on their team. They get disappointed that the team isn't what it used to be and that they just can't get the pieces in place to make it better.

But they come in to OUR building and outcheer us. And they do a damn near close job of doing the same at the Bell Center. And at pretty much every building they can get to in numbers.

Pathetic.

Instead of tearing down the guys all the time over every little niggling thing, why not back them up? Why not stand behind them for once for more than when the good times are around? Complaining is so easy to do. Standing up and saying you support your team no matter what takes balls.

What we need to do is start a campaign to make ScotiaBank Place the loudest, noisiest, most annoying building in the league to play in. We need to inspire these fans and these users to stop being so negative about every little mistake and misstep that the team makes.

It's one thing to criticize a mistake, but it's something else to be a flip-flopper, fairweather, bandwagon-riding "fan".

It's time we changed that. And it needs to start with these forums and be disseminated to every fan in this city who bleeds red.

I agree with you about a lot of this (especially the part about making our building loud and proud, all the time, no matter how the game is going), but at the same time, like fans of all other teams, we get frustrated with certain players because they are extremely inconsistent. Doesn't going back and forth on certain players and hating on (not really hating) but being frustrated with the team and talking it out here make it more fun. We get to talk to other fans who are just as frustrated. Some fans are extrememly fairweathered, I don't think we have that many of those here though, some, but not many. We all get upset with the team, and a lot of the time they should be playing better than they are. Don't think the players and coaching staff don't get as frustrated as us, they do.

Cheechoo - we knew what we were getting with him, some of us *myself included* hoped that he would get his scoring touch back, that's hope that I like to have especially considering the amount of money he's making and that we couldn't get better than him. Clearly, he's just not good anymore, and I'll leave it at that and not go back on it unless he proves me wrong.

Kovalev - again, I expected him to play the way he has been so far, no surprise there. He's good when he wants to be and bad when he doesn't feel like playing. I didn't understand why Murray signed him, but, he has his moments. We can go back and forth as much as we want on him, he does it with his play. No surprises here.

Leclaire - has had his moments, but as we all expected, just gets injured all the time, who knows what's going to happen with him. Again, we pretty much knew what we were getting with him.

And so on and so forth.

These forums are here for us to speak our minds about our favorite teams and players. Whether we go back and forth loving and hating them, we are still fans and spend a lot of time and money on them. So, I think we are entitled to be the kinds of fans we want to be. I don't think any of us jumped the Sens bandwagon. We just get frustrated sometimes, we still love our team though. It's an intense sport and brings out a lot of emotions. Some good, some bad. Again, I think that's a big part of being a fan of any sport. It's good to have people here to talk things through with, whether we agree with them or not.

I support the team no matter what. Whether I'm high or low on a guy from one day to the next doesn't matter. What matters is that I love the Sens, they are my team and I bleed the colors as much as the players do.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Also, Clouston out-coached Boudreau last night. That's a good thing.

Just like he did Lemaire last season! GAME DAY: Washington Capitals @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm EST - Mon. Nov. 23rd, 2009 PLUS post game thoughts - Page 28 235689 GAME DAY: Washington Capitals @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm EST - Mon. Nov. 23rd, 2009 PLUS post game thoughts - Page 28 805406

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

If they also take Cheechoo, maybe.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Ok...initially i said do it!!! Now, I'm not sure. Is it too much to give up? I don't think Foligno could ever be as good as Havlat, but I think there are certain parts of his game where he could be better....

man...I don't know...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:

If they also take Cheechoo, maybe.

They'd tell you to deal with Cheechoo yourself. They wouldn't take a 3 million dollar 4th liner.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

BTW, I'll re-visit Cheechoo and his struggles approximately 70 more times this year alone - not to mention the summer. Why? Because he's the Senators' problem, we have to deal with it - and we will deal with it. Here's to hoping he finds his touch, but if not, there'll be tons to talk about.

The guy I'm sick to death of hearing negatives about it Spezza. Absolutely sick to death of it.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:BTW, I'll re-visit Cheechoo and his struggles approximately 70 more times this year alone - not to mention the summer. Why? Because he's the Senators' problem, we have to deal with it - and we will deal with it. Here's to hoping he finds his touch, but if not, there'll be tons to talk about.

The guy I'm sick to death of hearing negatives about it Spezza. Absolutely sick to death of it.

Funny, because if they both stuck it out on a line together with, say, Kovalev for a reasonable amount of time we'd probably end up complaining about neither.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Funny, because if they both stuck it out on a line together with, say, Kovalev for a reasonable amount of time we'd probably end up complaining about neither.

Mass bridge-jumping would ensue I'm sure.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:BTW, I'll re-visit Cheechoo and his struggles approximately 70 more times this year alone - not to mention the summer. Why? Because he's the Senators' problem, we have to deal with it - and we will deal with it. Here's to hoping he finds his touch, but if not, there'll be tons to talk about.

I'll revisit Cheechoo's struggles a gabillion more times this year too. Hopefully as you say though, he turns it around. I like him, he just makes too much money. He needs to work on his skating a lot too. See...I'm talking about it again. GAME DAY: Washington Capitals @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm EST - Mon. Nov. 23rd, 2009 PLUS post game thoughts - Page 28 270956

I'm sick of hearing crap about Spezz too. I don't bother reading negative stuff about him anymore. I'll skip by those ones.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Does he ever need work on his skating.

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

If Cheechoo keeps it up he's going to be sitting in the press box and then bought out this summer I would think. You can't justify the salary he's making with his current play. He's been trying really hard all year but he needs to be scoring some goals and he's obviously not. I'd rather give the money he's making to a defensemen who can quarterback a power play.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Murray waives him at some point this season so that he has some cap space to acquire somebody for the stretch drive. No team would take his full salary but maybe at half the price, a team would be willing to see if he could find his magic again.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Urkie wrote:
If Cheechoo keeps it up he's going to be sitting in the press box and then bought out this summer I would think. You can't justify the salary he's making with his current play. He's been trying really hard all year but he needs to be scoring some goals and he's obviously not. I'd rather give the money he's making to a defensemen who can quarterback a power play.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Murray waives him at some point this season so that he has some cap space to acquire somebody for the stretch drive. No team would take his full salary but maybe at half the price, a team would be willing to see if he could find his magic again.

Yep, 100% on all points. And these are topics that are 'hot' in Ottawa, they won't go away. If we need to waive or sit Cheechoo, we will, end of story. Especially if we need to acquire someone to help this team.

I am not sure Melnyk will be throwing around money with the team attendance tanking. We might be stuck watching the most expensive fourth line in the history of the NHL.

When it is Kelly between Cheechoo and Neil, we are talking $7M+

yikes

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MurderOnIce wrote:I am not sure Melnyk will be throwing around money with the team attendance tanking. We might be stuck watching the most expensive fourth line in the history of the NHL.

When it is Kelly between Cheechoo and Neil, we are talking $7M+

yikes

That's a really good point actually. Melnyk can't be happy with the attendance.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 28 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum