GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Washington Capitals @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm EST - Mon. Nov. 23rd, 2009 PLUS post game thoughts

+24
SensHulk
dennycrane
Bramlet07
Flo The Action
Riprock
Sens19
asq2
caissie_1
PKC
Hockeyhero22000
LeCaptain
PTFlea
SensGirl11
KidKarlsson
TeamRenzo
Devo
TheAvatar
The Silfer Server
SeawaySensFan
SDH89
jamvan
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
shabbs
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Go down  Message [Page 27 of 29]

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

N4L wrote:
hemlock wrote:Fisher in OT again. He's clutch.

I know people will say that he's playing well defensively, but for $7 million, I need to see Spezza's name on the score sheet. Another game in the books and he hasn't gotten a point. This is starting to become a concern. Sure he may have become more defensively responsible to perhaps make the Olympic team, but he won't be there with no offensive output.

Yuuuuuuuuuup.

Chris Kelly is adding more to The Sens right now then Spezza is, ten fold.

Literally, if you think about things, Spezza right now is this teams 3rd best center. Kelly is actually just as effective offensivly right now, working the PK, and is just better without the puck.

Spezza is in deep right now. He is the teams highest paid player by an absolute mile.

Pretty sure Alfie is paid more than Spezza if not fairly close.

Let's see the chemistry between Michalek and Kelly, see how that PP unit works out.

Last week you were trumpeting Spezza's play, now this week he is our thid line center on his way out the door.

Kelly adding more than Spezza ten fold...don't be rediculous. Man you love to talk out both sides of your mouth!

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm not the only one kinda of impressed that Doug Wilson was able to get rid of Cheechoo in the Heatley deal, am I?

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

PKC wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:We should have a poll of how many games Leclaire will actually play for us during his 2 year contract.

This isn't even his fault. This is just stupid.

Did I say this was his fault? No. He's just one of those goalies that gets injured all the time. That's all I mean here, how many games will he actually play this year and next?

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:This is some kind of Diddled up. I knew last night it was bad, but a month? And he wasn't even playing?

Maybe he is jinxed.

I'm convinced now that he is. We'll see how long it takes for him to come back and then to get hurt again. My guess is it won't be long.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:I'm not the only one kinda of impressed that Doug Wilson was able to get rid of Cheechoo in the Heatley deal, am I?

What about the extra 5th rounder he held out for... GAME DAY: Washington Capitals @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm EST - Mon. Nov. 23rd, 2009 PLUS post game thoughts - Page 27 270956

Oh, no. Wait. GAME DAY: Washington Capitals @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm EST - Mon. Nov. 23rd, 2009 PLUS post game thoughts - Page 27 521674

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:I'm not the only one kinda of impressed that Doug Wilson was able to get rid of Cheechoo in the Heatley deal, am I?

Man, what a lucky bastard.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

It was the bad that came with the good... "You want Michalek? Cheechoo comes along too..." but we've covered this all before right?

Wink

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
PKC wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:We should have a poll of how many games Leclaire will actually play for us during his 2 year contract.

Did I say this was his fault? No. He's just one of those goalies that gets injured all the time. That's all I mean here, how many games will he actually play this year and next?

For the record, I think PKC meant that this isn't even his fault - and that this is just stupid that this keeps happening - especially in bizarre ways like this, not that your suggestion was stupid.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
What about the extra 5th rounder he held out for... GAME DAY: Washington Capitals @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm EST - Mon. Nov. 23rd, 2009 PLUS post game thoughts - Page 27 270956

Oh, no. Wait. GAME DAY: Washington Capitals @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm EST - Mon. Nov. 23rd, 2009 PLUS post game thoughts - Page 27 521674

Laughing3 So arbitrary, hey? No 5th rounder, no deal arsehole!!!

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
PKC wrote:

For the record, I think PKC meant that this isn't even his fault - and that this is just stupid that this keeps happening - especially in bizarre ways like this, not that your suggestion was stupid.

Fair enough, I hate these message boards for that reason. My bad. GAME DAY: Washington Capitals @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm EST - Mon. Nov. 23rd, 2009 PLUS post game thoughts - Page 27 805406

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Why are we re-hashing the same Dung all the time?

So much fairweather-ism with Sens fans.
One week Spezza is worth every penny, the next he's Dung.
One night Kelly is a stud worth every penny, the next we're looking to ship him out for anything.
One second we're talking about how great the Kovalev signing is, the next everyone is talking about trade options/benching him.
We trade for Cheechoo, know exactly what to expect and somehow when he's meeting those expectations (of struggling), he's still not good enough and we're re-hashing all the same Dung we've been talking about forever.

One poster is always flip-flopping on like literally every single thing we talk about in here.
Others just prefer to avoid the realistic situation their team is in.

It's starting to get agitating a bit to come in here and talk hockey with some of these 'know-it-alls'.

I respect that everyone has an opinion and I'm certainly not saying that people shouldn't present their points of view. It's just too much flip-flopping in here on this team.

You know why Toronto fans are better than Sens fans? Because they never give up on their team. They get disappointed that the team isn't what it used to be and that they just can't get the pieces in place to make it better.

But they come in to OUR building and outcheer us. And they do a damn near close job of doing the same at the Bell Center. And at pretty much every building they can get to in numbers.

Pathetic.

Instead of tearing down the guys all the time over every little niggling thing, why not back them up? Why not stand behind them for once for more than when the good times are around? Complaining is so easy to do. Standing up and saying you support your team no matter what takes balls.

What we need to do is start a campaign to make ScotiaBank Place the loudest, noisiest, most annoying building in the league to play in. We need to inspire these fans and these users to stop being so negative about every little mistake and misstep that the team makes.

It's one thing to criticize a mistake, but it's something else to be a flip-flopper, fairweather, bandwagon-riding "fan".

It's time we changed that. And it needs to start with these forums and be disseminated to every fan in this city who bleeds red.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
PKC wrote:

Yeah, I'm referring to this guy's unbelievably Dung luck.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

What are we going to do with Cheechoo anyway? What a waste of 3M. It's starting to hurt more and more. The crappy part too is that he's pretty good, not 3M worth, but he has his moments. The thing I always notice with him though is that he's about 10 steps behind the play, ALL THE TIME! He can't skate at all. He's not cut out for the new NHL, he's waayyyy too slow now. He's slower than Richardson was if that's possible. It's really starting to get frustrating. And, what a horrendous giveaway yesterday. That, I thought, was the end of the game for us. He felt horrible about it, but he just can't afford to be doing stuff like that. If he had 10 goals by now it'd be different, but he doesn't.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:What are we going to do with Cheechoo anyway? What a waste of 3M. It's starting to hurt more and more. The crappy part too is that he's pretty good, not 3M worth, but he has his moments. The thing I always notice with him though is that he's about 10 steps behind the play, ALL THE TIME! He can't skate at all. He's not cut out for the new NHL, he's waayyyy too slow now. He's slower than Richardson was if that's possible. It's really starting to get frustrating. And, what a horrendous giveaway yesterday. That, I thought, was the end of the game for us. He felt horrible about it, but he just can't afford to be doing stuff like that. If he had 10 goals by now it'd be different, but he doesn't.

I don't know. Buy him out in the summer? Problem again is: his work ethic is very good, he's been getting some bad luck. I don't know if he can snap out of it or not, but it doesn't look fantastic right now.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PFK - I will never say I admire a Leaf fan and I won't blindly throw money at my team either.

I will always cheer for them when I'm at the game and never boo them - Fans have that right but I think it's just plain counter productive. If the team is sagging and screwing up that is when you stand up and cheer louder. I have my Sens memorabilia, I have my Season tickets and I won't be giving them up either, even if I think certain players need to pick there games up.

I am certainly quite schizophrenic about the Sens at times and throw stuff up against the wall to see if it sticks so to speak and perhaps it could be viewed as flip flopping. At least people are talking about the team and showing there passion for them. I'd prefer that to not caring at all, not going to or watching the game and not coming onto forums to vent, rant, flip flop or whatever.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Would anyone here trade Nick Foligno and our first to Minny for Havlat? It's an interesting question (I thought).

Forget about the money for a moment - would you do it?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Would anyone here trade Nick Foligno and our first to Minny for Havlat? It's an interesting question (I thought).

And a 1st. No. And a Jim O'Brien and a 3rd. Something like that.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Would anyone here trade Nick Foligno and our first to Minny for Havlat? It's an interesting question (I thought).

And a 1st. No. And a Jim O'Brien and a 3rd. Something like that.

Fair enough SSF. I was just curious what people's reactions would be.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 27 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum