GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Random (weird) stories

+18
Number Twenty Nine
NEELY
Flo The Action
LeCaptain
spader
shabbs
Ev
TheAvatar
Hoags
mattshock
sens4win
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Bramlet07
Cap'n Clutch
SensGirl11
Riprock
wprager
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 12]

166Random (weird) stories - Page 12 Empty Re: Random (weird) stories Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:45 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Any sinkhole updates? What kind of investigation will you get with the hole already filled with cement? Jim Watson?

167Random (weird) stories - Page 12 Empty Re: Random (weird) stories Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:16 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

300 meters of the LRT tunnel was flooded. Very lucky no-one was killed. The minivan was the only casualty.

168Random (weird) stories - Page 12 Empty Re: Random (weird) stories Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:37 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Anton Yelchin (Chekhov from the latest round of the Trek movies) killed in a bizarre accident where he was pinned between his own car and a brick mailbox outside his house. The car was on a steep incline and in neutral, the engine still running when he was found at 1AM. I was just talking to the wife about going to see the new Trek movie when it comes out minutes before I saw the news.

169Random (weird) stories - Page 12 Empty Re: Random (weird) stories Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:40 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Now this is just plain weird:

Random (weird) stories - Page 12 Captur10

170Random (weird) stories - Page 12 Empty Re: Random (weird) stories Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:44 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

this lemonade stand Dung is maddening. The stand is Cussing amazing looking and clearly cost more to make than the girls who "were raising money for camp" made in the whole day. The stand was for the parents, not the girls. People are so naive. Like they couldn't afford to take them to camp.

171Random (weird) stories - Page 12 Empty Re: Random (weird) stories Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:54 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:this lemonade stand Dung is maddening. The stand is Cussing amazing looking and clearly cost more to make than the girls who "were raising money for camp" made in the whole day. The stand was for the parents, not the girls. People are so naive. Like they couldn't afford to take them to camp.

Not sure what your point is.  Are you saying the parents clearly had enough cash to send them to camp because they built such a nice stand?  Well, of course, the point was not to raise money which they did not have, but to teach the girls a valuable lesson about business, finances, responsibility, etc.  Are you suggesting the lemonade stand was some kind of scam?  I am, honestly, not sure of your angle here.

EDIT: All I've heard about this story is what I read from Ian Mendes' couple of tweets last night.

172Random (weird) stories - Page 12 Empty Re: Random (weird) stories Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:07 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:this lemonade stand Dung is maddening. The stand is Cussing amazing looking and clearly cost more to make than the girls who "were raising money for camp" made in the whole day. The stand was for the parents, not the girls. People are so naive. Like they couldn't afford to take them to camp.

Not sure what your point is.  Are you saying the parents clearly had enough cash to send them to camp because they built such a nice stand?  Well, of course, the point was not to raise money which they did not have, but to teach the girls a valuable lesson about business, finances, responsibility, etc.  Are you suggesting the lemonade stand was some kind of scam?  I am, honestly, not sure of your angle here.

EDIT: All I've heard about this story is what I read from Ian Mendes' couple of tweets last night.

The point is that they definitely should NOT be on NCC land with an intricately designed lemonade stand like this. It sets a terrible precedent. There's a difference between this and some kid's lame lemonade stand.

Good comment from reddit:

"I -- hrm. It's not exactly the kiddie-made 'stand' put up in front of one's house that usually constitutes 'children's lemonade stand.' The 26 bucks an hour part really underscores that this had some things going on that made it different from the usual lemonade stand. I'd be irate if they bothered kids in their own neighbourhood, but if Mummy/Daddy is going to build a fancy shed and drive it to a prime location with a big tank of lemonade...let's be honest; the parents want others to finance their kids' camping. Kids that age do not build stands like that, do not buy big tanks like that, do not get the idea to seek out prime real estate, et cetera. They shut down a parental activity, not a kids' one.
"Their father Kurtis Andrews was not immediately convinced to leave..." So, not a tale of little kids weeping as cruel bureaucrats took an axe to their cardboard box stand, but, yeah, Dad paying for camp in a creative fashion with the kids as a front. Obviously he can go put this in his yard and remain unbothered by the NCC."

173Random (weird) stories - Page 12 Empty Re: Random (weird) stories Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:20 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Lol only in Ottawa would someone feel compelled to report a kid's lemondade stand. No fun allowed.

Nice of the NCC to step before they invade the city lol.

174Random (weird) stories - Page 12 Empty Re: Random (weird) stories Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:25 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There's not fun when the parents forced their kids to sell lemonade

175Random (weird) stories - Page 12 Empty Re: Random (weird) stories Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:44 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's just a prank bro! http://www.barstoolsports.com/iowa/hotel-pulls-a-lol-prank-on-guests-by-having-employees-storm-the-hotel-with-fake-guns-while-dressed-as-isis/?utm_campaign=SocialflowTw&utm_source=BarstoolTw&utm_medium=Socialflow#getcomments

176Random (weird) stories - Page 12 Empty Re: Random (weird) stories Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:09 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Holy moly.

177Random (weird) stories - Page 12 Empty Re: Random (weird) stories Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:40 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

To the Olympics!

http://arstechnica.com/science/2016/07/to-compete-in-sewage-water-rio-olympians-turn-to-antimicrobial-clothes/

178Random (weird) stories - Page 12 Empty Re: Random (weird) stories Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:01 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:It's just a prank bro! http://www.barstoolsports.com/iowa/hotel-pulls-a-lol-prank-on-guests-by-having-employees-storm-the-hotel-with-fake-guns-while-dressed-as-isis/?utm_campaign=SocialflowTw&utm_source=BarstoolTw&utm_medium=Socialflow#getcomments

Horrible. Reminds me of these guys. I think one of them eventually got shot.

179Random (weird) stories - Page 12 Empty Re: Random (weird) stories Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:14 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/floatdown-sarnia-americans-wash-ashore-1.3730792

An estimated 1,500 Americans without papers were washed up on shore as strong winds blew them across the river into Sarnia; they were participating in an annual Port Huron Float Down where they just hop onto some flotation device and float down the river. Some got scared of entering Canada illegally, without papers (and a little drunk) and tried jumping into the water and swimming back. Canadian Coast Guard had to pull quite a few of them out of the water.

P.S. I wasn't expecting the exodus until November, *after* Trump wins.

180Random (weird) stories - Page 12 Empty Re: Random (weird) stories Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:29 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Mayor Watson replied to my tweet. Does that count as "weird"?

181Random (weird) stories - Page 12 Empty Re: Random (weird) stories Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:14 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not a story, but this was on Facebook lol

Random (weird) stories - Page 12 Nasa10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum