GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: New York Rangers @ Ottawa Senators - 2:00pm EST - Sat. Nov. 14th, 2009 PLUS! post-game thoughts...

+13
PKC
caissie_1
Riprock
Vandelay
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
SDH89
asq2
Flo The Action
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 16]

taking out Shannon would be dumb. He's been playing well enough. Ruutu and Kelly should have a seat. These last 4 games have been some of the worst that I've seen from him in a long time---and I'm not one of the guys who judges him on his output...Put in Winchester and Donovan Imo

Vandelay

Sophomore
Sophomore

Yep...huge game today. 3 point difference between 5th and 12th in the east. We've got to take advantage of these games in hand.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

GO SENS GO!!!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Check those stats... Fisher leads the team in goals! Huzzah!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Check those stats... Fisher leads the team in goals! Huzzah!
GAME DAY: New York Rangers @ Ottawa Senators - 2:00pm EST - Sat. Nov. 14th, 2009 PLUS! post-game thoughts... - Page 3 95132 now that is something we've been waiting for GAME DAY: New York Rangers @ Ottawa Senators - 2:00pm EST - Sat. Nov. 14th, 2009 PLUS! post-game thoughts... - Page 3 95132

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Unfortunately the flip side of that is that Alfie, Spezza, Kovalev, Michalek and Cheechoo all have fewer goals than Fisher.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

But if we were talking about how Spezza and Alfie all had 10 goals and Fisher had none, we might be complaining about lack of secondary scoring. In this case, it's more like lack of primary scoring. I like to see the scoring spread out.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Spezza and Cheechoo with 1 each need to score more, way more. Alfie may be feeling a bit under the weather the last few games. No-one needs to say anything more about Kovalev that hasn't already been said. Maybe Kova-Choo can get each other going. Throw in Shannon, never know what might happen.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

wprager wrote:Spezza and Cheechoo with 1 each need to score more, way more. Alfie may be feeling a bit under the weather the last few games. No-one needs to say anything more about Kovalev that hasn't already been said. Maybe Kova-Choo can get each other going. Throw in Shannon, never know what might happen.
n

Ya...I'm excited to see those 2 together today. Aside from highlights, I haven't seen them yet thanks to my internet being Dung. Cheechoo's goal looked like a beauty and I saw he rung one off the bar last game...hoping for big things today!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Game notes for tonight:

http://senators.nhl.com/v2/ext/PDFs/Game%20notes%20Nov%2014.pdf

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Gord Wilson's SensTV Game Preview:

http://senators.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?id=51501

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ice Chips is "reporting" that:

Ilya Kovalchuk made a trip to the doctor on Wednesday and the team
announced that his return to the lineup would be delayed. Kovalchuk had
an X-ray and was assured by doctors he had not re-injured his foot.
Kovalchuk will continue to wear a walking boot for another two weeks.

Last night he got two goals?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:But if we were talking about how Spezza and Alfie all had 10 goals and Fisher had none, we might be complaining about lack of secondary scoring. In this case, it's more like lack of primary scoring. I like to see the scoring spread out.

i'm happy with the way alfie and spezza have ben playing. spezza has tighten his game alot and if he want's to have an 70-80 points(mostly assists) year but be tight defencively that's ok. every year i wonder if alfie will starts to slow down. this year doesn't look like it since he's in the top 30. so if he keeps it up i'm happy. and if it all mean secondary scoring is doingthe job? so be it.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Clouston: Elliott starts in goal, Shannon and Winchester are scratches today.

Donovan is in!!!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So, will Donovan be in on the 3rd line or will Neil move up to the 3rd?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.leftwinglock.com/ have firmed up Elliott as the starter today. Any other confirmation out there?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sens Twitter reporting that Clouston is going with Elliott; Winch and Shannon are scratches, I guess that means Dono is in!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Clouston's pre-game media scrum:
http://bit.ly/4EPIqL

- need to generate more PPs (he wants 5 and above?)
- more net presence; harder to play against; 60 minute effort
- just worried about today's game, not looking ahead
- Kovalev affected by lack of PPs (good point)
- we're not in charge of calling penalties Smile
- PK struggling lately, from with goalie on out
- Cheechoo playing well

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum