GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: New York Rangers @ Ottawa Senators - 2:00pm EST - Sat. Nov. 14th, 2009 PLUS! post-game thoughts...

+13
PKC
caissie_1
Riprock
Vandelay
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
SDH89
asq2
Flo The Action
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 16]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i agree that elliott should be in but i think it's not sending the right message. judging from the goaltending fiasco that is the montreal canadians, i want our number 1 goaltender to not be interchangeable. i say leclaire in because i believe we can win this one and make a statement now that elliott is in next game.

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Rangers + afternoon game = loss.

SDH89

Veteran
Veteran

Won't be an easy won, but I'm hoping we win this game based on pride alone. They should be proving to us and themselves that the 5-1 game last night isn't the kind of team they are. Hoping for a lot more heart and jump.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Flo The Action wrote:i agree that elliott should be in but i think it's not sending the right message. judging from the goaltending fiasco that is the montreal canadians, i want our number 1 goaltender to not be interchangeable. i say leclaire in because i believe we can win this one and make a statement now that elliott is in next game.
Yeah, that was my train of thought... get back on the horse and let's git 'r dun.

6 games in a row is too much for Leclaire, Elliott needs to get in there.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

N4L wrote:6 games in a row is too much for Leclaire, Elliott needs to get in there.
What are you talking about? There's been huge gaps between games. This has been one of the "easiest" runs as far as that is concerned. Fatigue is not an issue.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:6 games in a row is too much for Leclaire, Elliott needs to get in there.

I think he needs to get right back in there. If he's going to succeed, he needs to get right back on that horse and make some saves tomorrow afternoon. There's been enough time in between games.

shabbs wrote:
What are you talking about? There's been huge gaps between games. This has been one of the "easiest" runs as far as that is concerned. Fatigue is not an issue.

Which is even worse for Elliott, he actually has to play at some point. You can go 3 weeks between starts, they dont even do that in NJ or Vancouver.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

N4L wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Which is even worse for Elliott, he actually has to play at some point. You can go 3 weeks between starts, they dont even do that in NJ or Vancouver.
Yeah, it's tough for Elliott, for sure. We'll have to see what tomorrow brings.

Wink

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm fine with Elliott starting tomorrow afternoon (if he starts). I don't think it sends any message other than Elliott needs a start.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well the other message to send is that Leclaire has not been good enough. It wasn't fatigue that made him not even try to bat those two dump-ins into the corner. Those were mistakes of the mental kind. He needs to observe and regroup. He knows the score. The way he's played the last 4-5 games Elliott deserves a start.

Those were defently mental mistakes. He's getting caught cheating because of a lack luster defense he doenst trust. It's not like weak goals are going in on him in the sense they are getting through him, or getting a piece of them and trickling in (except Brules). They are going in when he is cheating off a post or trying to anticipate the pass or play.

Anyways, Elliott needs a start, its been 15 or 16 days I believe, cant go that long.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Huge game for The Sens and pretty close to a must win IMO. Not in the sense they need the points right now but in the sense they have to do everything possible to avoid a skid that could cost them their season.

Yes indeed.

How much do you think taking a guy like Donovan out and leaving him out for this long, with so many underperformers, undermines Clouston with his players? I'm guessing its relatively substantial..

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Gohan wrote:How much do you think taking a guy like Donovan out and leaving him out for this long, with so many underperformers, undermines Clouston with his players? I'm guessing its relatively substantial..

I'm guessing we see Donovan tomorrow - unless the rosters have been announced and I don't know about it. Plus, what underperformers can we take out? I guess you can sub out Shannon and put it Donovan, maybe Ruutu the way he's playing, but outside of that, there's not many options. Cheechoo? That's debateable I think, not sure if Clouston's gonna sit him as long as he thinks the work ethic is there.

taking out Shannon would be dumb. He's been playing well enough. Ruutu and Kelly should have a seat. These last 4 games have been some of the worst that I've seen from him in a long time---and I'm not one of the guys who judges him on his output...Put in Winchester and Donovan Imo

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

Yep...huge game today. 3 point difference between 5th and 12th in the east. We've got to take advantage of these games in hand.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

GO SENS GO!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum