GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: New York Rangers @ Ottawa Senators - 2:00pm EST - Sat. Nov. 14th, 2009 PLUS! post-game thoughts...

+13
PKC
caissie_1
Riprock
Vandelay
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
SDH89
asq2
Flo The Action
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 16]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
Dash wrote:Have they put him (Kovy) with Spezza and Michalek yet? Then put Alfie-Fisher-Cheechoo on line 2, Foligno-Regin-Neil line 3, and of course Ruutu-Kelly-Donovan as the 4th.

We've been talking about that since the beginning of the season. I thought that would have been the ideal combination too, but apparently Kovalev is very much a playmaker more than a scorer so it wouldn't work to have both of them on 1 line. At this point though, they should probably try it, nothing else seems to be working.

Well between the two of them (Spezza and Kovalev) one of them is bound to get the puck to the other for a goal. Not to mention 9MM flying around out there.

I like that idea. I know people have been saying they should keep AK27 and Giggles apart I think those two think the game and see the ice in a very similar way such that they could work well together. You also still have 9MM out there crashing the net and retrieving pucks with speed. You also keep the Alfie - Fish tandem together along with the Giggles - 9MM tandem as well.

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

Dash wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
Dash wrote:Have they put him (Kovy) with Spezza and Michalek yet? Then put Alfie-Fisher-Cheechoo on line 2, Foligno-Regin-Neil line 3, and of course Ruutu-Kelly-Donovan as the 4th.

We've been talking about that since the beginning of the season. I thought that would have been the ideal combination too, but apparently Kovalev is very much a playmaker more than a scorer so it wouldn't work to have both of them on 1 line. At this point though, they should probably try it, nothing else seems to be working.

Well between the two of them (Spezza and Kovalev) one of them is bound to get the puck to the other for a goal. Not to mention 9MM flying around out there.

Good point. I think there is some more tweaking that needs to be done. Something's gotta give, we shouldn't only be scoring 1 to 2 goals a game. I thought we were past that.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Unless Cheechoo, Kovalev, Foligno, Regin and yes even Spezza (1 goal) start putting the puck in the net, on a more consistant basis, then we will struggle to get more than 1 or 2 goals per game.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think the general consensus is that it would be poison to Spezza's improved 2-way game the way Kovalev has a tendency to float around.

I suppose we could try it for a game or two and if it goes well, great, but if Spezza shows any signs of slipping into his old, lazy self, then you 86 it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum