GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 24th, 2009; and post game debate

+21
sidstu
PKC
Hoags
PTFlea
dennycrane
Sens19
caissie_1
Hockeyhero22000
KidKarlsson
The Silfer Server
asq2
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
beerandsens
Vandelay
Flo The Action
Tuk Tuk
wprager
rooneypoo
LethalLehner
shabbs
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 16]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

love everyones positive thinking, but i have a bad feeling for tonight GAME DAY: Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 24th, 2009; and post game debate - Page 2 105237

I want to know who the healthy scartch is... it better be Shannon.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Elliott starts tonight. No other line-up changes. Michalek is good to go.

Sorry to disappoint N4L - Shannon is in.

Wink

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Does that mean Donovan is out? Boo, then. Donovan played for the Bs before coming to Ottawa.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OK, checking stats since there is nothing else to do while waiting.

Alfie is leading the team with 11 points after 8 games. Fisher and Spezza (thanks to Thursday night's 3 assists) are next with 7 each.

Guess who is tied for 4th with Ruutu and Michalek with 5 points? Kovalev? Nope. Regin? Well, if he hadn't missed the previous three games, maybe, but not yet. Foligno? Kelly? Picard? No, no and again, no!

Give up yet?

It's A-Train! One goal to go along with 4 assists. And he's second on the team at +6 (behind Big Rig's +7). He also leads the team with blocked shots and is second in hits.

Speaking of hits, Chris Neil is almost doubling A-Train (38 to 20) to lead the team. He is 3rd in the league behind Callahan (42) and and Brown (40) -- both of them have played 2 more games that Neil. Averaging 4.75 hits per game, Neil would easily lead the league with 47-48 hits if the schedule was more balanced.

Go Ginger!
Go A-Train!
Go Sens!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Where is everyone? I'm sitting here in my Sens jersey. I've got a lousy SD transmission to look forward to (I don't believe I have done a "Boo CBC" yet today, so Boo CBC!)

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

I don't get why Shanon would be inserted over Donovon to play on the 4th line.  I mean, if he's coming in to take someone on a scoring line, an argument can be made but I don't think he fits on any team in the league as a 4th liner.  Watch, Cheechoo will have one bad shift and see the end of the bench for the rest of the game, watching Shanon in his spot.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I hope you're wrong. I really do. Sad Games against former teams is what players like Donovan thrive on.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

As do I...Let's hope Clouston gets it right!

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Go Ginger!
Go A-Train!
Go Sens!

GAME DAY: Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 24th, 2009; and post game debate - Page 2 270956

Vandelay wrote:I don't get why Shanon would be inserted over Donovon to play on the 4th line. I mean, if he's coming in to take someone on a scoring line, an argument can be made but I don't think he fits on any team in the league as a 4th liner. Watch, Cheechoo will have one bad shift and see the end of the bench for the rest of the game, watching Shanon in his spot.

Clouston is losing a little credability right now. It's unreal after that ugly game where The Sens were struggling to find energy he doesnt put Donovan in. Shannon, once again, better do something. He is a -2, has 4 shots, and has ZERO points to show for all of his PP time, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd line mins.

We'll see if he can actually get his team to come out with some energy and not have to depend on Leclaire to bail them out again. That's been happening CLouston's entire tenure here, not just the last 2 games.

This is not only a winnable game for The Sens on a Saturday night, at home, after a bad outting, this is a game that SHOULD be won with the amount of injuries Boston has and how inconsistant they have been.

Vandelay wrote:As do I...Let's hope Clouston gets it right!

Hope so, the playing favorites thing is a good way to lose part of the team.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

A nice summary for tonight:

Tonight's goalies: http://www.dailyfaceoff.com/5296/starting-goalies-saturday-october-24-2009
Sens' lineup: http://www.dailyfaceoff.com/team-lineups/ottawa-senators-team-lineup
Bruins' lineup: http://www.dailyfaceoff.com/team-lineups/boston-bruins-team-lineup

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Campoli had a smart shift or two after he scored Thursday night. I was hoping the goal was a sign of better things to come, but then one of his turn overs ended up in our net. I wonder if he'll have a good game tonight, and by "good" I mean decent.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Clouston's pre-game video presser:

http://senators.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?catid=767&id=49473

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Dang near record breaking inactivity in a game day thread GAME DAY: Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 24th, 2009; and post game debate - Page 2 979942

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:OK, checking stats since there is nothing else to do while waiting.

Alfie is leading the team with 11 points after 8 games. Fisher and Spezza (thanks to Thursday night's 3 assists) are next with 7 each.

Guess who is tied for 4th with Ruutu and Michalek with 5 points? Kovalev? Nope. Regin? Well, if he hadn't missed the previous three games, maybe, but not yet. Foligno? Kelly? Picard? No, no and again, no!

Give up yet?

It's A-Train! One goal to go along with 4 assists. And he's second on the team at +6 (behind Big Rig's +7). He also leads the team with blocked shots and is second in hits.

Speaking of hits, Chris Neil is almost doubling A-Train (38 to 20) to lead the team. He is 3rd in the league behind Callahan (42) and and Brown (40) -- both of them have played 2 more games that Neil. Averaging 4.75 hits per game, Neil would easily lead the league with 47-48 hits if the schedule was more balanced.

Go Ginger!
Go A-Train!
Go Sens!

4.5 MIllion / year coming GAME DAY: Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 24th, 2009; and post game debate - Page 2 489887

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, I can't speak about the others, but I've been busy with my parents visiting and my kids 2nd pee-wee game. Just got back. They won 2-1 -- they should have had a shut out and a couple more goals, but hey, they won. Penalty filled game, one call against each team Smile (This is pee-wee C)

It's too early to even turn on Team 1200. Come on, where *is* everyone?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum