GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Feb. 5th, 2009

+9
asq2
Hockeyhero22000
LeCaptain
TeamRenzo
Number Twenty Nine
Jordo
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
shabbs
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

GAME DAY: Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Feb. 5th, 2009 Bruins_senators_400

The high flying, big bad Bruins roll into town tonight. The Sens are coming off a 1-0 loss to the Kings in Clouston's first game as the Sens coach. Seemed like the team had more jump to it but a lot of bad habits remain.

TSN's Ice Chips: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=11009

Forward Dean McAmmond will be a healthy scratch against the Bruins
while Alexandre Picard (wrist) and Shean Donovan (knee) are out
indefinitely. After being recalled from Binghamton on Wednesday, Ryan
Shannon will skate on the second line. - TSN

Projected Lines vs. Bruins

Forwards:
Heatley - Spezza - Alfredsson
Foligno - Fisher - Shannon
Vermette - Kelly - Neil
Schubert - Winchester - Ruutu

Defence:
Phillips - Lee
Kuba - Volchenkov
Bell - Smith

Goaltenders:
Elliott
Auld

Starting goalies as per http://goaliepost.com/

Boston: Thomas is listed as probable
Ottawa: Elliott is listed as firm

Ottawa Sun Game Day: http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2009/02/05/8271141-sun.html

BLACK AND BLUE REPORT

BRUINS: D Matt Hunwick (flu) day-to-day; C Petteri Nokelainen (undisclosed) questionable; LW Marco Sturm (knee) out for season.

SENATORS: C Cody Bass (shoulder surgery)

NOTEWORTHY

Bruins G Manny Fernandez, who had been out with a back injury, dressed as the backup to Tim Thomas last night in Philadelphia ... Not all the news is bad for the Senators. The club has killed 26-of-28 power plays in the last six games ... The coaching change was good for RW Chris Neil. He played a season-high 15:30 in the 1-0 loss to the Kings Tuesday ... Captain Daniel Alfredsson's penalty in the third period vs. the Kings gave him 401 career PIMs, tying him with Radek Bonk for ninth in franchise history ... D Jason Smith is seven games from 1,000 in his career ... The Bruins' first power-play unit looks pretty good: Phil Kessel, Milan Lucic, Marc Savard, Patrice Bergeron, Zdeno Chara ... Expect G Brian Elliott to start tonight.

This will be a big test for the Sens.

Game is on: RDS, TSN (HD), NESN (HD)

Last edited by shabbs on Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think we're gonna catch this B's team off guard.

3-1 Sens, including an empty-netter from Alfalfa.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm going to be in Arnprior and won't be able to catch the game because my Father in-law doesn't have Cable or Satelite. I'm going to have more fun watching them interact with my little girl anyway.

- Unknown Author

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

I was raised in Arnprior Clutchie- is your wife from there originally?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Jordo wrote:I was raised in Arnprior Clutchie- is your wife from there originally?

No. She was born in Ottawa. Her Father is from the South of France. He actually lives near Arnprior close to Fitzroy Harbour and is technically part of the City of Ottawa now.

- Unknown Author

4-1, 5-2 tonight for the Bruins.

This will be a frustrating game to watch.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:4-1, 5-2 tonight for the Bruins.

That's around what I was thinking for the Bruins but 2 goals for Ottawa is pretty generous unless of course Clouston has fixed the PP Wink

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:4-1, 5-2 tonight for the Bruins.

That's around what I was thinking for the Bruins but 2 goals for Ottawa is pretty generous unless of course Clouston has fixed the PP Wink

Im assuming Fisher dumps one in off te boards and it takes a funny hop.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

This will be a biatch slapping of epic proportions. Let's hope Inspector Clouseau can ease the pain a little by motivating the troops for at least 1 or 2 goals.

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

We will bore the B's into 2-1 win for Ottawa.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

ESPN's Stats for a good laugh...

GAME DAY: Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Feb. 5th, 2009 Boston10

Same Sens as the last year, its not gonna change tonight against the best team in the league. This game will be over in the 1st period.

To start the game they should play some Prodigy. Smack my B**** up, thats what Boston is gonna do, haha.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:To start the game they should play some Prodigy. Smack my B**** up, thats what Boston is gonna do, haha.

Then I'll start to have some problems with Elliot. Twice in a week? Better not get blown out...it's kinda important to make some saves.

504Heater wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:To start the game they should play some Prodigy. Smack my B**** up, thats what Boston is gonna do, haha.

Then I'll start to have some problems with Elliot. Twice in a week? Better not get blown out...it's kinda important to make some saves.

Like I said when Elliott got called up, he wont be making a lick of difference. Doesnt matter who is in nets for the Sens, if it was Luongo would we still be in the same spot.

Elliott is a young goalie getting a look, not Jesus.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum